It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Censorship(south park)
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:32 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Recently (1,5 weeks ago+/-)
A new south park episode came out("201")
I myself being a huge fan , watched it..

The episode itself was full of censorship.
The name "Muhammed" was censored , Muhammed himself whas censored,a whole scene was censored.
And it was not a joke by Matt and Trey.

The original was un-censored , but comedy central censored it.
And on top of that , the took down the episode "Super best friends"(on southparkstudios) which will probably never be aired on TV again(in the U.S.A , probs here to(The Netherlands)

http://tv.yahoo.com/south-park/show/492 ... e-metajoke
Quote:
If you're wondering if the creators of South Park added a series of bleeps to their latest episode as a joke, they say no.

"In the 14 years we've been doing South Park we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode," they said in a statement on SouthParkStudios.com. "Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it."

Wednesday's episode of South Park aired with several long bleeps and a black "Censored" box over the depiction of Muhammad, whose physical representation is considered sacrilegious by Muslims.

Comedy Central altered the episode after Revolution Muslim, a New York-based radical Islamic group, posted a message on its website to Stone and Parker about the depiction of Muhammad as a man wearing a bear suit in the two-part episode.

"We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show," the post, written by Abu Talhah Al-Amrikee, said. "This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them."

Van Gogh was a Dutch filmmaker who was shot and stabbed to death in 2004 over his documentary about Muslim women.

"[Stone and Parker] should feel threatened by what they did," Al-Amrikee told The Associated Press Wednesday.

On Thursday, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (which also airs on Comedy Central) dedicated a lengthy segment to the episode in question and the threats it had received.

"The censorship was a decision Comedy Central made, I think, as a way to protect our employees from what they believe was any possible harmful repercussions to them," Stewart said. The host then thanked the many religious groups that had been mocked on The Daily Show for taking it so well and included a montage of some of the talk show's most religiously offensive clips.

Stewart wrapped his segment by addressing Revolution Muslim directly. "Your type of hatred and intolerance — that's the enemy," he said.

This is bs imo...
Muhammed is not allowed to be "shown" by the muslim faith
Trey nor Matt are Muslim...(besides , the did it before in "Super best friends")
South park has offended tons of religion's.. (buddha snorting Coke , God being some kind of weird beaver thing , Cartman being Hitler.jr , Satan being Gay and a "whiny *"~God)
Yet when the offend the Muslims , they suddenly get death threats..
That and the episode gets censored!?!?

What happened to freedom of speech? , Wasn't America build on freedom?
Then why do they allow such people(the one treating the creators of SP)to live in such a country?
Really , what are they doing in the western world?
If they don't like , kick 'em out!

Why allow people who are against freedom , to live country's , who where build on "freedom" (U.S.A/The Netherlands)?
That doesn't make any sense.

ugh... i'm getting Off-topic here..

anyway , the Debate :
Censorship...(like in "201")

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

Post subject: Re: Censorship(south park)
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:15 am 
Captain
Captain

1. i heart southpark

2. it was censored by COMEDY CENTRAL, they own the show, and were looking out for their employees from a credible threat

3. bear suit!

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:48 am 
Captain
Captain

I don't believe in censorship. Ever. Under any circumstance.

I hate religion. Always. Under all circumstances.

I vote Pro-Comedy Central.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:29 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

A Fundamentalist Islamic website criticized South Park and comedy central for the episode.

In that criticism I believe the posted pictures of the decapitation of a director who said not so nice things about Islam. Comedy Central wasn't going to endanger its executives or its cash cow South Park.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:34 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Sylis wrote:
A Fundamentalist Islamic website criticized South Park and comedy central for the episode.

In that criticism I believe the posted pictures of the decapitation of a director who said not so nice things about Islam. Comedy Central wasn't going to endanger its executives or its cash cow South Park.

Exactly the point, it's not the fact that they are criticizing anyone Comedy Central is just protecting it's investments and it's main income which is South Park. Shows get canceled for such things like that just cause people misinterpret jokes as something serious or a threat to their race or religion causing a big argument.

South Park gets away with a lot of stuff that they do just because the show has such high traffic views and the company knows what is good and what is bad which just a couple of censors really, is it ruining the show entirely for you? Don't watch it if you feel that way it's just one broadcast of hundreds on public television.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:02 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

So we should just allow those "terrorist's/extremists" to get what the want?
And now they know it worked...
And besides , in the uncensored version , Muhammed had a censor bar over him anyway(as a joke)
But , since when is using the name "Muhammed" against the Islam law?
I know drawing Muhammed is , but that's for Muslims , and I know plenty of Muslims who won't kill somebody , or even beat him up for drawing Muhammed.

And yes it bother my that much(and with SP/futurama being the only 2 tv show's I watch).
Mainly because comedy central does what the "terrorist's/extremists" want!
They still continue to make fun of every bloody religion in existence.
But when the Muslim "terrorists/extremists" don't want it , they censor it.
THAT'S THE PROBLEM!

Last edited by rederoin on Fri May 07, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:19 pm 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Sylis wrote:

It was a picture of "Theo van Gogh" actually.
"To underline the point, the website carried a picture of Van Gogh, the Dutch film-maker killed in 2004 after he made a documentary on the abuse of women in Muslim countries, with his throat cut and a knife in his chest"

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:29 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Ya something like that. I didn't think too much on it.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 am 
Captain
Captain

rederoin wrote:
You know how to get rid of this problem?
Nuke every single Muslim country in the bloody world , sure allot of innocent people will die , allot....
But is their really any other way to get rid of them extremists?

im sorry, but what is your definition of extremist?

hypocrisy thy name is rederoin.

we are talking about an extreme minority of muslims here, of the 1 billion strong islamic population... ummmm 100 000 could be militant and they are based very far away from you. are you condemning 10 000 innocents to death for the actions of 1?
seriously. you. are. the. monster. now.

you probably dont know any muslims nor have any muslim friends, you are probably one of those tools that sit there and spout racist (yes, it is racist now, not just anti islam) remarks thinking that your cycle of death will solve everything.

IMO, you should just shut your mouth now.

i diss the religious often. i never call for their deaths.
i call for the dismantling of their organisation. i never call for children to be vaporized in thermonuclear blasts.
even if you were just joking, what you called for is not just inhumane, its requesting a new hitler in the 21st century. 6 million jewish civilians? pfft. you want to beat the record. 900 million muslim civilians.

well done there, your mother must be proud.

seriously. calling for the death of millions because southpark had one of their shows censored. priorities man.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:44 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

dude southpark is the best of any show

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next