It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: pettition against admin corruption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:18 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 pm
Posts: 2416
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: male
He claimed to break a rule.

If you walked into a police station and claim that you murdered someone, and then after they slap cuffs on you claim it was a joke, you really think you are going to just walk out?

We arent the police, and this isnt a murder investigation, but we do have to consider the affect of gameplay of such a situatuion

HAD he actually been breaking the rules and we didnt act on this as soon as we got it, the repercussions on administration would be great.

Dont go claiming you can hack, or that you have multis. THIS WILL GET YOU BANNED! I guarantee it! You may get released eventually, but the admin will ban you based on a confession, and then investigate it.

_________________
Battle Dawn Staff
Community Management Specialist
Technical Support
World Administrator
Music Composer

Welcome to the best free multiplayer war strategy game on the web!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: pettition against admin corruption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:18 pm 
Captain
Captain
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:51 am
Posts: 661
Gender: male
End Of All wrote:
but... he broke no rule... thats what I dont get cause... I dont see how he can be banned for that the admin should look into it... he shouldnt ban ASAP with just that message.... there was NO PROOF... not one shred... he just baned and then never responded


A confession is evidence. I don't see how the admin involved should've responded?

"Okay, well. He SAID he did this, knowing he'd get punished, but... hey, I should do a full investigation."

Sorry, but no. The fact that there was a slow reply, I apologise for on behalf of Battle Dawn, and you have a right to be irritated. But the banning itself? It's perfectly reasonable; now it's come to light that it was, infact, a joke, the ban has been lifted.

_________________
The Lemon-Coloured* forum Demi-God!

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: pettition against admin corruption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:18 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:22 pm
Posts: 152
Location: Not there...
Gender: male
BUL - "why are you attacking us ? I'm just curios..."

Spartan - "because im a multi of fmj alliance "

BUL - "that's not good so you want to lose your army ?"

Spartan - "lol it was a joke im not playing this world i have friends in FMJ and i dont like people who account share and ruin the game so yes i am going to kill my army just to kill some of your armour units to help fmj"

BUL - "haha ... we're just too active and we have people online 24/7 and call the others when they have to move...but as you wish..i remember you was in TLA area before, right? And you was attacking bulletbill... or i'm wrong?"


that is the conversation... and without seeing if he was or wasnt AKA "Doing his job" he just banned him and refused to respond for a 36 plus hours...

_________________
Image
- Cerebral Assassin


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: pettition against admin corruption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:24 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:25 am
Posts: 971
Gender: male
Seth wrote:
This is rediculous.

I dare one more person to post here. You want to see a corrupt admin passing out bans willy nilly?

Ill give it to ya!



ok so whayt we have here is seth admiting to be a corrupt admin

so we should strip him of his administrative powers and stop paying his wage

then ignore him for 2 and a half days

then after a while we will say oh he might be only joking and give him his job back ?

seth you logic has just caught you . you claim i should not have admited to being a multi as admision is basicly proving guilt

im calling you out for admiting your a corrupt admin . joke or not you have admited to it and someone had better act now even tho its clearly sarcasm i dont care

if this system is so fair someone will act on your admision of corruption then in a few days get someone to talk to you about it

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: pettition against admin corruption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:26 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 1983
Location: ??? If you find me, you can win a prize
Signed--EmpireBattles

Chad... your situation was bad, but the admins did what needed to be done... HOWEVER.... Even a confession should be looked into. Check the players records to see if there are multiple accounts from the address...
If someone were to take screens of the convo, then it would only be logical to take screens of the rest of the convo so that people could see it was a joke... People aren't idiots and can figure it out themselves.

I think the problem here, is that the Admins are too busy to handle EVERY situation in-game, along with any form of development, AND their daily lives. There are what?.... 4 world admins that ban almost hundreds of accounts a week (not only in-game, but site activity as well).
Of those 4 admins, they have to read PMs in each of their worlds, read PM's in forums, check for multi's, investigate cheating, etc etc etc etc etc.... They have a lot to do, and for that, i understand why it takes a long time to reply. Just because we sit at the computer and play BD all day, doesn't mean they do....

However, is it too much to ask for a few admins that are super active? Maybe the solution is having different admins, who can be more focused for the game.... and only the game.

I, too, was wrongly banned on a world for farming. I created an account, and sent all my resources to a friend. I did this because i wasn't ready to actually start on that world, because i was too busy on my main world, but i planned to play the world testing a new troop combo. After i created the account, i got the flu, and was puking sick for 4 days. After i got back, i find that my account was banned for 24 hours. It took me 14 hours just to get a reply from Andrew (and i accept that he was busy... but 14 hours is still a long time to wait). When i found out what i was banned for, i attempted to appeal it. Due to my situation, and the obvious fact that i could be lieing, it wasn't appealed. I could have very easily been lieing just to get un-banned.... and thus I accepted the fact that it wasn't going to be appealed (however i still tried). There were a few bugs in the ban system that caused me to be over-banned on a single tick world, as i was banned for 48 ticks on a double, and my production bonus wasn't paused, which i payed for....but i was compensated with some tokens.

Long story short, I was wronged, but it was understandable why their actions were as they were. The only thing that i didn't like, was the wait and slight delay in responses.


I cannot comment on any actions for other admins, as i have not had any dealings with them.... although there have been lots of stories. I have played only 1 world where there seemed to be corruption, and it was a mars world. I have no idea what admin was there... But when the relics spawned, 4 of them spawned within 3 ticks of an alliance who had already clearly gotten an advantage via multi's. (i think it was old client, but i dont remember). So i guess it would appear as corruption, but i have no idea what causes such things... whether they made the mutli's with a lot of skill..... and if the relic placement had a glitch... i dont know, and thus i dont jump to a conclusion and say "CORRUPTION!"


Ideally, yes....admins should do a bit more investigating before doing a ban. However, our current Administrator staff is over-worked. I would love it if they could reply to our messages right away, but it'll never happen. In order for things to be better, something needs to happen:

1) More admins. More admins would allow for a more non-specific admin in each world, allowing multiple admins to watch a world, and respond to conversations. This would also mean there is a more likely chance that an admin would be online to help with a serious problem that was just a misunderstanding. Only downside, is finding GOOD admins that you can trust, and who can do the job well (and not need money :P)
or
2) A global support/ticket system in which players can fill out a form, where a group of mods/admins can view these tickets. If it seems that the ticket has some weight to it, forward the info onto the respective world admin, so that the admins can sort through messages MUCH quicker... It may be an idea to get rid of the in-game PM to the admins, and have it be through such a support/ticket system. have several different topics like this:
    Game Questions
    Technical Support
    Reports
    Appeals
Game questions can have a link to a finished guide... and also to the adopt-a-newb center... Technical support can be answered by anyone who knows how to answer those questions. Reports of things like messages can be sorted through by a moderator, not necesarily an admin... if it is an abusive message, a moderator can warn a player...but if its something like Chad saying that he's a multi, that would have to be forwarded to an Admin so that they can investigate it... Something like an appeal would be read by the admin it pertains to.
Of course, to help cut-down on the Admin's tickets, the mods in place could manually filter through them, to make sure they are in the correct category (such as the appeals... just to make sure someone doesn't spam the appeals with game questions, hoping to get an admin)
Also, when i say 'mod', i do NOT mean the forum mods... i am talking about a group of moderators who sit and help answer tickets.... yea, i know that would require a lot more people to help... but more people is what you need to help get the work load off of the admins


I know that's a long post....but i needed to say something :)

edit::

Just to clarify... Admins need to be more active, and be more willing to admit that they are wrong (When they are wrong, or POSSIBLY wrong...if it is possible, CLARIFY to the disgruntled member that it is possible that they are wrong, but it is also possible that they are not, and they have no way of knowing the truth).

Bans suck...but they suck even more when the truth is un-knowable

_________________
BD Community Member 7-8++?? years(retired)

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)


Last edited by empirebattles.com on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 

 Post subject: Re: pettition against admin corruption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:29 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 pm
Posts: 2416
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: male
I dont think he refused, i think he may have been at the end of his stint, and was prolly tired. Dude works all day, comes home and works into the nite for BD.

If the message was reported, he had the right to ban on that UNLESS the VERY NEXT message after the report was "Hey, it was just a joke".

Regardless, I have made Joe aware of this thread, and he has said he will respond. Please refrain from further posts here until he has the chance to do so.

Thank you.

_________________
Battle Dawn Staff
Community Management Specialist
Technical Support
World Administrator
Music Composer

Welcome to the best free multiplayer war strategy game on the web!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: pettition against admin corruption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:31 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:32 am
Posts: 15987
Gender: male
empirebattles.com wrote:
Signed--EmpireBattles

Chad... your situation was bad, but the admins did what needed to be done... HOWEVER.... Even a confession should be looked into. Check the players records to see if there are multiple accounts from the address...
If someone were to take screens of the convo, then it would only be logical to take screens of the rest of the convo so that people could see it was a joke... People aren't idiots and can figure it out themselves.

I think the problem here, is that the Admins are too busy to handle EVERY situation in-game, along with any form of development, AND their daily lives. There are what?.... 4 world admins that ban almost hundreds of accounts a week (not only in-game, but site activity as well).
Of those 4 admins, they have to read PMs in each of their worlds, read PM's in forums, check for multi's, investigate cheating, etc etc etc etc etc.... They have a lot to do, and for that, i understand why it takes a long time to reply. Just because we sit at the computer and play BD all day, doesn't mean they do....

However, is it too much to ask for a few admins that are super active? Maybe the solution is having different admins, who can be more focused for the game.... and only the game.

I, too, was wrongly banned on a world for farming. I created an account, and sent all my resources to a friend. I did this because i wasn't ready to actually start on that world, because i was too busy on my main world, but i planned to play the world testing a new troop combo. After i created the account, i got the flu, and was puking sick for 4 days. After i got back, i find that my account was banned for 24 hours. It took me 14 hours just to get a reply from Andrew (and i accept that he was busy... but 14 hours is still a long time to wait). When i found out what i was banned for, i attempted to appeal it. Due to my situation, and the obvious fact that i could be lieing, it wasn't appealed. I could have very easily been lieing just to get un-banned.... and thus I accepted the fact that it wasn't going to be appealed (however i still tried). There were a few bugs in the ban system that caused me to be over-banned on a single tick world, as i was banned for 48 ticks on a double, and my production bonus wasn't paused, which i payed for....but i was compensated with some tokens.

Long story short, I was wronged, but it was understandable why their actions were as they were. The only thing that i didn't like, was the wait and slight delay in responses.


I cannot comment on any actions for other admins, as i have not had any dealings with them.... although there have been lots of stories. I have played only 1 world where there seemed to be corruption, and it was a mars world. I have no idea what admin was there... But when the relics spawned, 4 of them spawned within 3 ticks of an alliance who had already clearly gotten an advantage via multi's. (i think it was old client, but i dont remember). So i guess it would appear as corruption, but i have no idea what causes such things... whether they made the mutli's with a lot of skill..... and if the relic placement had a glitch... i dont know, and thus i dont jump to a conclusion and say "CORRUPTION!"


Ideally, yes....admins should do a bit more investigating before doing a ban. However, our current Administrator staff is over-worked. I would love it if they could reply to our messages right away, but it'll never happen. In order for things to be better, something needs to happen:

1) More admins. More admins would allow for a more non-specific admin in each world, allowing multiple admins to watch a world, and respond to conversations. This would also mean there is a more likely chance that an admin would be online to help with a serious problem that was just a misunderstanding. Only downside, is finding GOOD admins that you can trust, and who can do the job well (and not need money :P)
or
2) A global support/ticket system in which players can fill out a form, where a group of mods/admins can view these tickets. If it seems that the ticket has some weight to it, forward the info onto the respective world admin, so that the admins can sort through messages MUCH quicker... It may be an idea to get rid of the in-game PM to the admins, and have it be through such a support/ticket system. have several different topics like this:
    Game Questions
    Technical Support
    Reports
    Appeals
Game questions can have a link to a finished guide... and also to the adopt-a-newb center... Technical support can be answered by anyone who knows how to answer those questions. Reports of things like messages can be sorted through by a moderator, not necesarily an admin... if it is an abusive message, a moderator can warn a player...but if its something like Chad saying that he's a multi, that would have to be forwarded to an Admin so that they can investigate it... Something like an appeal would be read by the admin it pertains to.
Of course, to help cut-down on the Admin's tickets, the mods in place could manually filter through them, to make sure they are in the correct category (such as the appeals... just to make sure someone doesn't spam the appeals with game questions, hoping to get an admin)
Also, when i say 'mod', i do NOT mean the forum mods... i am talking about a group of moderators who sit and help answer tickets.... yea, i know that would require a lot more people to help... but more people is what you need to help get the work load off of the admins


I know that's a long post....but i needed to say something :)


sharing computer with sister atm so didn't read all, but bd got 8 staff members, who work on develuping, fixing, and running bd.
thats not much for a game with 10 000 members, but remember the cost of stuff, but yeah, more admins could be good, but hard to find some one u trust that much

_________________
Image
Code:
http://battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=4690
Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: pettition against admin corruption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:33 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:25 am
Posts: 971
Gender: male
Seth wrote:
I dont think he refused, i think he may have been at the end of his stint, and was prolly tired. Dude works all day, comes home and works into the nite for BD.

If the message was reported, he had the right to ban on that UNLESS the VERY NEXT message after the report was "Hey, it was just a joke".

Regardless, I have made Joe aware of this thread, and he has said he will respond. Please refrain from further posts here until he has the chance to do so.

Thank you.


the very next message i sent to the guy was " hey it was a joke " do i need to post screen shots of the mesaes back forth between me and the guy ?

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: pettition against admin corruption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:29 pm
Posts: 222
Gender: male
pettition against admin corruption

Wow is not every day i get a post saying i am currupted. Well it is enough that i am going to reply on this thread.

First off. You do not see the admin side of battledawn. We usally get 50+ msg claiming one person is a cheater or a whole alliance is cheating. You can imagine the amount of responding we have to do to make sure the person understand that they are clean or not. Now that being said... How many more msg do you think we admins of the world get when one person claims to be a multi for a big alliance. Yes this might be a funny joke but to others they take this serious. So now i have 300+ msg claiming this person admits to being a multi there is your proof.

Now 300+ people are determined to prove this and simply saying ooh he is just playing a joke doesnt go well with others. So yes i banned him for this. Not just because he claimed to be multi but of the global effect it had on the community. Now not responding you fast enough. I have cleared every msg... Some msgs i did get where not clear on who they where talking about and unless you are directly involved with the issue. I will not give ban details to just anyone.

Now i did release the person in check from his ban. But i really hope the msg is clear. There are certain things that can be fun to joke on. But sometimes these jokes can be takin to far.


I hope this clears up matters and this issue can be dropped.

Thank you

_________________
----------------------------------------------------------
Admin joe - Earth 2, Earth 5 solo, Mars 3, Fantasy 2, Fantasy 3, Galaxy 2


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: pettition against admin corruption
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:39 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:47 pm
Posts: 2416
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: male
chad_j93 wrote:
Seth wrote:
This is rediculous.

I dare one more person to post here. You want to see a corrupt admin passing out bans willy nilly?

Ill give it to ya!



ok so whayt we have here is seth admiting to be a corrupt admin

so we should strip him of his administrative powers and stop paying his wage

then ignore him for 2 and a half days

then after a while we will say oh he might be only joking and give him his job back ?

seth you logic has just caught you . you claim i should not have admited to being a multi as admision is basicly proving guilt

im calling you out for admiting your a corrupt admin . joke or not you have admited to it and someone had better act now even tho its clearly sarcasm i dont care

if this system is so fair someone will act on your admision of corruption then in a few days get someone to talk to you about it


Dude, you are pushing your luck. Keep it up and I WILL ban you!

_________________
Battle Dawn Staff
Community Management Specialist
Technical Support
World Administrator
Music Composer

Welcome to the best free multiplayer war strategy game on the web!


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl