It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: For all atheists (science was wrong) god exist!! = D
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:32 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 1981
Location: ??? If you find me, you can win a prize
The main thing with pentecostals is that there is more a focus on the day of pentecost. (the speaking in tongues from the anointing of the holy spirit) etc etc). That gets into a lot more technical stuff about the doctrine.... from what i hear, CoC isn't that different from CoG.... services are just a bit more 'free'.

_________________
BD Community Member 7-8++?? years(retired)

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: For all atheists (science was wrong) god exist!! = D
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:22 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:04 pm
Posts: 567
Gender: male
empirebattles.com wrote:
I'm pentecostal. In the denomination of the Church of God.


In that respect, EVERYONE is atheist...


That was actually our point.... that everyone is an atheist in some way. However, a select group are criticized more commonly because that group just goes that one god further than most. A Jew doesn't believe that Jesus was the son of god, and nor do I. However, I would be condemned by the Christian religion because I don't believe in any God, rather than me believing in the "wrong" god.

_________________
Image

Image

I can't play for CRAP


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: For all atheists (science was wrong) god exist!! = D
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:33 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 1981
Location: ??? If you find me, you can win a prize
your point is invalid... you are giving the term a new definition. Atheism is believing in NO GOD OR DIETY. It is not a relative term... Once again, your ignorance shines through. its obvious that everyone cant believe in everything... but that is not the term of Atheism. The reason why atheism is 'targeted', as you say, is because atheists believe in NO god.... if they believed in 1 god or another, they wouldn't be atheist... they would belong to whatever religion their god falled under.

_________________
BD Community Member 7-8++?? years(retired)

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: For all atheists (science was wrong) god exist!! = D
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:58 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:25 am
Posts: 971
Gender: male
i still find religion funny

a person walked around saying he is the son of a supernatural being " god " and he talks to god all the time

now in current times ... when you see someone waking down the street saying he is gods disciple and talks to god what do you think ??

look at that crazy person over ther !!

people who claim god talked to them ro told them to do things are usually labeled insane

or a spiritual leader shows many people his own version of religion and it will be labeled a cult ... why? because his religion is not mainstream . not ancient ?

could it be that jesus was actually a crazy person and because of the mind set of the people back then they believed in this none sense he spewed from his mouth?

or could it be there was no jesus ? ... no god no nothing ... perhaps the bible was just a book someone wrote to try sell . how can you know it wasnt just an ancients authors fiction story?

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: For all atheists (science was wrong) god exist!! = D
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 pm 
Captain
Captain
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:51 am
Posts: 661
Gender: male
I'm currently having a read of The Impossible Faith by JPHolding which is about that subject. It's very interesting, i'd recommend it if you have the time.

_________________
The Lemon-Coloured* forum Demi-God!

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: For all atheists (science was wrong) god exist!! = D
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:08 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 240
Gender: male
Steven wrote:
I'm currently having a read of The Impossible Faith by JPHolding which is about that subject. It's very interesting, i'd recommend it if you have the time.

You confuse me Steven. I'm guessing you consider yourself Agnostic?

_________________
Image
If you have found a bug, please click on Poneep(TM) and let us know!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: For all atheists (science was wrong) god exist!! = D
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:20 pm 
Captain
Captain
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:51 am
Posts: 661
Gender: male
Scorcher wrote:
Steven wrote:
I'm currently having a read of The Impossible Faith by JPHolding which is about that subject. It's very interesting, i'd recommend it if you have the time.

You confuse me Steven. I'm guessing you consider yourself Agnostic?


Yup. I tend to jump in on the side which has the least people on it at the time during discussions. I can argue both at around the same standard. In my opinion that, knowing the evidence and arguments either side is important. :)

_________________
The Lemon-Coloured* forum Demi-God!

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: For all atheists (science was wrong) god exist!! = D
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:12 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 Profile

Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:08 am
Posts: 49
I believe there must be something out there, maybe not a god, maybe not a living being, but some form of intelligence that shaped the world.
But i also believe that believing in one form, one god that created everything is silly.
Why is YOUR god real when his god isn't?
Who's to say whos god is real, is god real, what god looks like, what god is?
What created the gases involved in the big bang?
But if we were all made in the form of god, whydo we all look different?
I'm just one of those people that looks at all the contradictions and all the evidence, but i'm not taking a side, as no one can be sure if they are right.
Science can prove it, but religion can reason it.

That's my thought :p

_________________
Alexander says (16:29):
Zal, BoB is forming on E3 as I predicted earlier
under the name NYR
You still in right?
- Zal says (16:30):
brb
Alexandersays (16:30):
That's truly helpfull
thanks Zal


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: For all atheists (science was wrong) god exist!! = D
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:18 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:04 pm
Posts: 567
Gender: male
Buggeh wrote:
I believe there must be something out there, maybe not a god, maybe not a living being, but some form of intelligence that shaped the world.
But i also believe that believing in one form, one god that created everything is silly.
Why is YOUR god real when his god isn't?
Who's to say whos god is real, is god real, what god looks like, what god is?
What created the gases involved in the big bang?
But if we were all made in the form of god, whydo we all look different?
I'm just one of those people that looks at all the contradictions and all the evidence, but i'm not taking a side, as no one can be sure if they are right.
Science can prove it, but religion can reason it.

That's my thought :p


You're an agnostic. You're not sure what's out there, and you don't think that anyone will ever know. Am I right?

I tend to think of myself as an atheist because I don't see why there has to be a supernatural cause. I agree that we'll never know, and in that sense, every atheist is an agnostic. However, we live our lives as if there is no god.

_________________
Image

Image

I can't play for CRAP


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: For all atheists (science was wrong) god exist!! = D
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:55 pm
Posts: 176
Location: Watching You.
Gender: male
chad_j93 wrote:
i still find religion funny

a person walked around saying he is the son of a supernatural being " god " and he talks to god all the time

now in current times ... when you see someone waking down the street saying he is gods disciple and talks to god what do you think ??

look at that crazy person over ther !!

people who claim god talked to them ro told them to do things are usually labeled insane

or a spiritual leader shows many people his own version of religion and it will be labeled a cult ... why? because his religion is not mainstream . not ancient ?

could it be that jesus was actually a crazy person and because of the mind set of the people back then they believed in this none sense he spewed from his mouth?

or could it be there was no jesus ? ... no god no nothing ... perhaps the bible was just a book someone wrote to try sell . how can you know it wasnt just an ancients authors fiction story?


The fact is you forgot to inform yourself before calling "jesus" a crazy person.

The bible it self states that Jesus will rise from the dead to rise above, from that point on no man will come again sent by god himself until "jesus' makes his return to earth. However that will not happen until what we define now as the apocalypse? am i right?
I think i'm a bid of but yeah, you get my point.

As far as what i believe on, i do not know.
All my life i have been catholic but sadly i had not come to be enlightened by god. He has not appear in my dreams, he has not given me a sign he exist. Written can you believe in anything if it sounds nice, but its always missing concrete evidence.

I wish i knew who god was and that he would someday come and save me and open my eyes. However, i have not gotten any kind of experience to connect god to this world.

How you prove something exist if you do not have evidence of his existence? Then again we cannot prove anything, so as far as my belief i think i'm open for enlightenment.



-i'm sorry i posted this, i read the date as march 19, it turns out was looking 2 topics up. lol
now i can't delete.

_________________
Image-rotag

white lady says:Obama said "I'm going to turn this country into a Marxism country". Its a reliable source, some guy with a pointy white mask gave it to me.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl