It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: For all atheists (science was wrong) god exist!! = D
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:32 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

The main thing with pentecostals is that there is more a focus on the day of pentecost. (the speaking in tongues from the anointing of the holy spirit) etc etc). That gets into a lot more technical stuff about the doctrine.... from what i hear, CoC isn't that different from CoG.... services are just a bit more 'free'.

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:22 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

empirebattles.com wrote:
I'm pentecostal. In the denomination of the Church of God.

In that respect, EVERYONE is atheist...

That was actually our point.... that everyone is an atheist in some way. However, a select group are criticized more commonly because that group just goes that one god further than most. A Jew doesn't believe that Jesus was the son of god, and nor do I. However, I would be condemned by the Christian religion because I don't believe in any God, rather than me believing in the "wrong" god.

I can't play for CRAP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:33 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

your point is invalid... you are giving the term a new definition. Atheism is believing in NO GOD OR DIETY. It is not a relative term... Once again, your ignorance shines through. its obvious that everyone cant believe in everything... but that is not the term of Atheism. The reason why atheism is 'targeted', as you say, is because atheists believe in NO god.... if they believed in 1 god or another, they wouldn't be atheist... they would belong to whatever religion their god falled under.

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:58 am 
Captain
Captain

i still find religion funny

a person walked around saying he is the son of a supernatural being " god " and he talks to god all the time

now in current times ... when you see someone waking down the street saying he is gods disciple and talks to god what do you think ??

look at that crazy person over ther !!

people who claim god talked to them ro told them to do things are usually labeled insane

or a spiritual leader shows many people his own version of religion and it will be labeled a cult ... why? because his religion is not mainstream . not ancient ?

could it be that jesus was actually a crazy person and because of the mind set of the people back then they believed in this none sense he spewed from his mouth?

or could it be there was no jesus ? ... no god no nothing ... perhaps the bible was just a book someone wrote to try sell . how can you know it wasnt just an ancients authors fiction story?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:39 pm 
Captain
Captain

I'm currently having a read of The Impossible Faith by JPHolding which is about that subject. It's very interesting, i'd recommend it if you have the time.

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:08 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Steven wrote:
I'm currently having a read of The Impossible Faith by JPHolding which is about that subject. It's very interesting, i'd recommend it if you have the time.

You confuse me Steven. I'm guessing you consider yourself Agnostic?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:20 pm 
Captain
Captain

Scorcher wrote:
Steven wrote:

You confuse me Steven. I'm guessing you consider yourself Agnostic?

Yup. I tend to jump in on the side which has the least people on it at the time during discussions. I can argue both at around the same standard. In my opinion that, knowing the evidence and arguments either side is important. :)

The Battle Dawn Staff:
Working with you, to make and maintain
the very best browser based game!

*Lemon-Flavoured, according to Andrew...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:12 am 
Corporal
Corporal

I believe there must be something out there, maybe not a god, maybe not a living being, but some form of intelligence that shaped the world.
But i also believe that believing in one form, one god that created everything is silly.
Why is YOUR god real when his god isn't?
Who's to say whos god is real, is god real, what god looks like, what god is?
What created the gases involved in the big bang?
But if we were all made in the form of god, whydo we all look different?
I'm just one of those people that looks at all the contradictions and all the evidence, but i'm not taking a side, as no one can be sure if they are right.
Science can prove it, but religion can reason it.

That's my thought :p

Alexander says (16:29):
Zal, BoB is forming on E3 as I predicted earlier
under the name NYR
You still in right?
- Zal says (16:30):
brb
Alexandersays (16:30):
That's truly helpfull
thanks Zal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:18 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Buggeh wrote:
I believe there must be something out there, maybe not a god, maybe not a living being, but some form of intelligence that shaped the world.
But i also believe that believing in one form, one god that created everything is silly.
Why is YOUR god real when his god isn't?
Who's to say whos god is real, is god real, what god looks like, what god is?
What created the gases involved in the big bang?
But if we were all made in the form of god, whydo we all look different?
I'm just one of those people that looks at all the contradictions and all the evidence, but i'm not taking a side, as no one can be sure if they are right.
Science can prove it, but religion can reason it.

That's my thought :p

You're an agnostic. You're not sure what's out there, and you don't think that anyone will ever know. Am I right?

I tend to think of myself as an atheist because I don't see why there has to be a supernatural cause. I agree that we'll never know, and in that sense, every atheist is an agnostic. However, we live our lives as if there is no god.

I can't play for CRAP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

chad_j93 wrote:
i still find religion funny

a person walked around saying he is the son of a supernatural being " god " and he talks to god all the time

now in current times ... when you see someone waking down the street saying he is gods disciple and talks to god what do you think ??

look at that crazy person over ther !!

people who claim god talked to them ro told them to do things are usually labeled insane

or a spiritual leader shows many people his own version of religion and it will be labeled a cult ... why? because his religion is not mainstream . not ancient ?

could it be that jesus was actually a crazy person and because of the mind set of the people back then they believed in this none sense he spewed from his mouth?

or could it be there was no jesus ? ... no god no nothing ... perhaps the bible was just a book someone wrote to try sell . how can you know it wasnt just an ancients authors fiction story?

The fact is you forgot to inform yourself before calling "jesus" a crazy person.

The bible it self states that Jesus will rise from the dead to rise above, from that point on no man will come again sent by god himself until "jesus' makes his return to earth. However that will not happen until what we define now as the apocalypse? am i right?
I think i'm a bid of but yeah, you get my point.

As far as what i believe on, i do not know.
All my life i have been catholic but sadly i had not come to be enlightened by god. He has not appear in my dreams, he has not given me a sign he exist. Written can you believe in anything if it sounds nice, but its always missing concrete evidence.

I wish i knew who god was and that he would someday come and save me and open my eyes. However, i have not gotten any kind of experience to connect god to this world.

How you prove something exist if you do not have evidence of his existence? Then again we cannot prove anything, so as far as my belief i think i'm open for enlightenment.

-i'm sorry i posted this, i read the date as march 19, it turns out was looking 2 topics up. lol
now i can't delete.

white lady says:Obama said "I'm going to turn this country into a Marxism country". Its a reliable source, some guy with a pointy white mask gave it to me.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next