It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

stop vacation abuse
yes 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
no 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: petiition against vacation abuse
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:26 pm 
Captain
Captain

i am very sick of people abusing vacation to get away from being conquered

i want admins to get off their butts and do something about it

either WORK ON A SOLUTION to fix the problem instead of mindless updates that most of them dont help but cause more issues

OR ban / bring the colony back out of vacation mode if it is decided he is abusing it

come on admins it ruins the round and you have to do something about it

whats the point of playing a game when you can not benifit from a war if you kill armies and the crystals are locked in vacation?

Post subject: Re: petiition against vacation abuse
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:19 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I would be more than willing to support such violent claims...

if there were any way to prove such things as abuse.

If you can literally PROVE to me that a player went into vacation mode for some reason that is 'incorrect', then i'm sure the admins will let you ban away.
But the fact is, there is no way to prove that a person doesn't have to go out of town... or suddenly had to go to a funeral out of state, or had vacation plans for a holiday... Yes, it is most likely true that players get big, and then chose to go on vacation, but there is no PROOF of their choices.

And these 'mindless updates' are what have been voted on and discussed in these very forums...

get your head out of your butt and actually be a little considerate.

My posts are NOT from spam... they are from suggestions :)

Working on new game (contact for info)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:08 pm 
Captain
Captain

empirebattles.com wrote:
I would be more than willing to support such violent claims...

if there were any way to prove such things as abuse.

If you can literally PROVE to me that a player went into vacation mode for some reason that is 'incorrect', then i'm sure the admins will let you ban away.
But the fact is, there is no way to prove that a person doesn't have to go out of town... or suddenly had to go to a funeral out of state, or had vacation plans for a holiday... Yes, it is most likely true that players get big, and then chose to go on vacation, but there is no PROOF of their choices.

And these 'mindless updates' are what have been voted on and discussed in these very forums...

get your head out of your butt and actually be a little considerate.

actualy no they are not ... i dont see one accepted suggestion rarely making the cut

im sure the community decided to increase unit over head right ?
oh and im sure the donators told the admins to make things cost more tokens?

before you come here and tell me to get my head our my ace take a look at your self

and what i mean ... is an early warning to an admin ... if you go to war with an alliance and completely destroy them ... kill their units and oh my they all go into vacation ... im sure they needed to right ? must be some reason 12 players all decided to go into vacation at the exact same time they were getting smashed?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:48 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

actually, i did do some of the suggestions for raisingthe prices, after some of the recent changes with NC... i am a number cruncher, and i like to point different numbers out to different admins because it causes imbalance. Some updates, like overhead raising, that wasn't suggested by the community... but other suggestions that WERE accepted, caused adjustments to be made accordingly. Those adjustments that we dont like, we vote on, and it is fixed. BD is a growing and re-forming game, and thus there will be a lot of things that appear to just be wrong.

As for vacation mode....
Vacation mode is just that... its a vacation. Yea, its annoying when entire alliances leave into vacation mode.... but why isn't that their right?
And it is terrible because? they are no longer fighting you... they aren't stealing conquers. they are no longer a threat. Yeah... you may not be able to take their conquers, or their crystals, but you have time to build up while they are gone. If you are upset about their rank being kept during vacation, maybe ranks should be disabled on a vacation person, just like someone who is banned....

Yes...sometimes it is blatantly obvious when an entire alliance goes into vacation mode to hide... but what happens when there can be doubt? And there is ALWAYS doubt.

Vacation mode is an all or nothing feature because of the 'ifs' involved. You cant just decide to take someone out of vacation because you think they aren't really on vacation for the 'right reasons'. You wrongly take someone out of vacation, and you can make them quit the game, possibly taking a source of income away from BD.

I'm writing this post in a semi-lucid state, so its probably all jumbled up

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:46 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

only way i see to avoid vacation abuse is.
vacation mode is put on your account not on your colony, so that if the person log on the fomrun/other world or even just log in, vacation will be canceled =P

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:29 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

simmen wrote:
only way i see to avoid vacation abuse is.
vacation mode is put on your account not on your colony, so that if the person log on the fomrun/other world or even just log in, vacation will be canceled =P

There is a problem with that. If someone is going on holiday for 7 days, they will not get deleted of their worlds. So if they are in a large alliance, unlikely to get conquered, then they would stay out of vacation in order to get max resources by the time they are back, as opposed to gaining none while in vacation. But on another world, they may be in an unreliable alliance, in fear of attack, but that person does not want to be conquered when he cannot do anything about it, so of course they'd go into vacation mode, sacrificing resources for their own protection.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:30 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

the core of vacation mode is for protection... a global protection like that is bound to be abused... and ya cant just pick and chose who has the right to use it. Its just the way things are... in this and all other games with vacation mode

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:03 pm 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

Vacation Accepted Suggestion

Not so long ago there was a suggestion that was really promising to counter these kind of abuse. Maybe you'd like to re-suggest this as a reminder.

Tho I have to ask you chad, please adress the Administrators and Staff of this game a little more... calmed, they aren't guilty of the existense of abusers. It's true that maybe there are still flaws in the game but there will always be. You fix something and another will go down or maybe not everyone will agree and that fix will go back. bad stuff will always happen and sometimes all the staff can do is trust in the users.

-Shion

E6A2 #2 M2A1 #9 E3A1 #16 E6A4 #24 E5A3 #24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:10 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Shion wrote:
Vacation Accepted Suggestion

Not so long ago there was a suggestion that was really promising to counter these kind of abuse. Maybe you'd like to re-suggest this as a reminder.

Tho I have to ask you chad, please adress the Administrators and Staff of this game a little more... calmed, they aren't guilty of the existense of abusers. It's true that maybe there are still flaws in the game but there will always be. You fix something and another will go down or maybe not everyone will agree and that fix will go back. bad stuff will always happen and sometimes all the staff can do is trust in the users.

-Shion

The problem with that suggestion is well... I've said it before in my post above. :P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:26 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

your post didn't make sense zal :P

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next