It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: So I was thinking for once today
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:33 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

And something really got to me.

How do admins go from one extreme to the other? I mean you've all pretty much said that the HoF is pointless as you can't compare eras to the extreme where you'd rather it not be there (even if that won't happen.. I hope).

Yeeeeet, you're willing to protect it by banning someone who took crystals he shouldn't have and taking those crystals away from him, a whole other extreme. As he's stated the guys he took the crystals from couldn't have put up a fight against him. Since you don't care for the HoF as they don't cross over to different eras, what does it matter that he got those crystals?

Then the thing that really got to me. You told Mot he couldn't take those crystals and he asked for possible ways for you to allow it and you didn't give him any. When sayan asked, you said no once. Sayan cheated you by having a friend spam his friends and then he conquered the spammer... Wouldn't have got 2nd HoF if he hadn't done that :roll: still went unnoticed when in fact Sayan did more wrong than Mot had.

How can you possibly punish one player so harshly, while others have gone unnoticed? If you're unable to keep to your rules, don't set them until you find a way to make it fair for all I think.

Aaalso sorry for bringing it up ^_^ I didn't really want to express my opinion on the matter, but I felt the need to in the end.

Post subject: Re: So I was thinking for once today
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:08 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The only reason it's still there is because of the amount of reds people pour into getting there.

I think we do need to have a discussion about the whole taking crystals without a fight thing. If you go to war with someone and they get their army out of the way because they know they can get blues just with their power im not sure how that is the fault of the conqueror.

What I'm really wondering about is the difference between crystals and relics. I'm pretty sure that all of the guys in the top 10 best of all times finished with 10 personal relics, which were all handed peacefully by other alliances or transferred from a teammate via a spammer, if you can do it with relics, why can't you do it with crystals?

There need to be more solid rules on this, it can't be left to the admin to decide who "deserves" what. It leads to too many arguments.

It also kind of comes back to the whole blue token system which I think needs to go as well, but that's another conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:17 pm 
Major
Major

Andy wrote:
Sayan cheated you by having a friend spam his friends and then he conquered the spammer.

shhh.. I an anti RoFL k.. >_> <_<

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:31 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I can't say that I don't understand you ...

However I am this week extremely tired writing/talking about those farming rules as it kept me busy at least 3h every day and it wasn't even my server where it happened.

Removing the best of all times is a thought that we had already around 1 months after implementing the best of all times as we saw that things got worse.
Especially short before havoc things got crazy on many servers. Players left the alliance with eta1 to all alliance colonies to get their crystals, 3rd parties got used to spam teammates, and so on.

Its a very unhappy situation for an admin too. You get hundreds of complains, threats to delay havoc till its solved and broadcasts full of hate that we close our eyes when "booster" cheat and bend the rules.
I had to ban once almost a full alliance on E3, 3 ticks before havoc, as they collected all crystals from all their subs.

We just can't allow it...

When I see that a player gets hundreds of crystals without a battle as the colonies where empty, I can't say to him: "Oh that looks bad, but I am sure you had your reasons" No, sorry, I would always ban him and remove those crystals in order to make it fair for around 999 others on the server who also fought hard but had not the right "friends" around to receive gifts like that.

I don't like admin judgement in general. Everything should be based on in-game mechanics and restrictions and therefor I always try to see both sides and judge as reasonable as I can whenever I still have to do so.

A friend of me told me once that I would ban my own grandma when she cheats and I guess he was right. I don't care if he does it for the HoF, for reaching his personal goals or if he supports or play for free. Neither I care if its a friend and old player or a newbie... when somebody launch spam and receive a huge benefit like dozens of crystals, I will call it farming no matter if there was diplomacy involved or threatening or money, or... idk

Whatever it was, it doesn't benefit the game as it is. A game of war.

Want their shiny crystals? So go ahead, launch your squads and FIGHT for it.
Gifting as well as receiving hundreds of crystals without a fight is just weak and not the spirit that i want to encourage.

If you think its all fair and okay, you better not play on my servers as I will watch out for this.

Edit:
PS. It can happen that when a server goes into havoc at 3 am at night or when the admin is off for another reason, that some comes away with this kind of last-minute farming. I have to admit that this happened to me too on my day off. Thats why I am saying that it is a extreme unhappy situation for the admin too and its again something where I blame the player spirit that we have nowadays. If there is one who farms, there must be one who is willing to give....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:41 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ilona wrote:

When I see that a player gets hundreds of crystals without a battle as the colonies where empty, I can't say to him: "Oh that looks bad, but I am sure you had your reasons" No, sorry, I would always ban him and remove those crystals in order to make it fair for around 999 others on the server who also fought hard but had not the right "friends" around to receive gifts like that.

This didn't happen to Sayan... on your server xD

I know it's not the admins fault. But there's times it's happened and it hasn't been brought to question, while other times it's resulted in heavy bans and loss of crystals. It's inconsistent which is what I have against it, not the rule itself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:42 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I guess thats why i added my PS at the same time as you wrote your post :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:44 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ilona wrote:
I guess thats why i added my PS at the same time as you wrote your post :)

My bad ^_^ I edited what I said a little bit more as it was a lil harsh.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:47 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Yes, there were times and will be when its unpunished... Thats why I am thinking that removing the root that causes it (best of all times) is maybe the better way.

Also, there are some in Best of all times, who came in only because there were special events on SOLO with 15 relics and so on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:53 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

i fully agree with andy here. while i think monty should have been shortly banned. i strongly think that he should have had a way to regain those xtals. the fact that simmen went so far as to say that monty was NOT ALLOWED to backstab or it would result IN A BAN was ridiculous. it really showed that while your intentions ilona were pure, simmen was not quite as much. i will repeat and clarify. monty asked simmen if monty was allowed to backstab his allies for their 100 or so xtals, and simmen said this was not allowed. simmen can i have your personal reasoning behind this?

also ilona id like to state, why is it bannable to have the right friends around to give you gifts? if bill gates is my grandfather and buys my girlfriend a 10000$ prom dress, and she wins prom queen, is it unfair to that pretty girl who is poor and could only buy a 1000$ prom dress? yes it is, but should the administration of the school remove the prom queen status of my girlfriend? no, that would be discrimination? simular situation, u discriminate against people who have friends or have diplomacy enough to be gifted xtals for whatever reason. be it for rank or so the enemy does not get them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:32 pm 
Captain
Captain

Andy wrote:
So I was thinking for once today

Andy noooooo, thinking gets you banned.

Okay so my two cents. First off I think HoF should get removed and they should just award medals purely based on performance in that singular era (agreeing with Ilona and Seth on that point). Like Ilona said alot of the HoF people are in there because of special events. Removing the HoF will get rid of the issues with people leaving their alliance and conquering everyone for the xtals and people handing them over and things as theres no real added benefit because theyll already have first in that era and the HoF stuff.

With that being said with the monty instance the guy had 150 squads, 30 of which were ranged 5s. He had over 10k more score than the second place player. When someone says you can have second place and save your army or you can get 100th place and lose everything by defending your xtals, of course that players gonna move his troops of his colony.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next