It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: New Newbie Protection
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:15 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3329
Gender: male
TinyTempah123 wrote:
Good point but then again like I said you are thinking too much about yourself what about newbies they have as much rights as you do but they need to learn the game. We had to learn the hard way by getting conquered however why not make it easier for them so the game can be more competitive. give them some time to learn then conquer them using your power. I'm sure you know this isn't just a game of war its a game of strategy so you need to plan out carefully and get mines and spread around cleverly and expand and build ops to takeover your area and achieve success and get more powerful then you can conquer the people that are less powerful than you and show off that you are powerful by tactics and great planning that's the way to revive the game instead of letting boosters take over.

Is someone that gives up as soon as they conquered really the kind of player that is going to survive, do well, and be dedicated to bd when a competitive era arises? In my opinion I'd say not likely. All the people that are still here now are the handful of newbs that constantly pestered the pro players even after they were conquered. They attacked relentlessly even when they lost and continued to fight. The big issue I'd say is here is we are treating the symptom but not the disease, the disease being new players not learning the game and thus never seeing how great it can be. Giving them more protection is not going to teach them the game in fact it is just wasted time in my opinion.

When you aren't attacking, strategizing, planning, and then pulling out diplomacy when trying to survive you are not learning how to play bd. When you just sit and build under protection you are learning nothing about what bd truly is. The brink of disaster where everything is going wrong for your alliance and it feels as if the world is turning on you and then you somehow manage to pull it off, that feeling of relief and accomplishment. That is all real and that is what bd is. That is the heart of bd and that is what we should show potential players because once they get sucked in like we all have they will know that exactly feeling. When you just sit in protection you can't experience any of that and that to me is more damaging than being conquered.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: New Newbie Protection
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:23 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:25 pm
Posts: 28
Korupt wrote:
TinyTempah123 wrote:
Good point but then again like I said you are thinking too much about yourself what about newbies they have as much rights as you do but they need to learn the game. We had to learn the hard way by getting conquered however why not make it easier for them so the game can be more competitive. give them some time to learn then conquer them using your power. I'm sure you know this isn't just a game of war its a game of strategy so you need to plan out carefully and get mines and spread around cleverly and expand and build ops to takeover your area and achieve success and get more powerful then you can conquer the people that are less powerful than you and show off that you are powerful by tactics and great planning that's the way to revive the game instead of letting boosters take over.

Is someone that gives up as soon as they conquered really the kind of player that is going to survive, do well, and be dedicated to bd when a competitive era arises? In my opinion I'd say not likely. All the people that are still here now are the handful of newbs that constantly pestered the pro players even after they were conquered. They attacked relentlessly even when they lost and continued to fight. The big issue I'd say is here is we are treating the symptom but not the disease, the disease being new players not learning the game and thus never seeing how great it can be. Giving them more protection is not going to teach them the game in fact it is just wasted time in my opinion. When you aren't attacking, strategizing, planning, and then pulling out diplomacy when trying to survive you are not learning how to play bd. When you just sit and build under protection you are learning nothing about what bd truly is.


It's true that protection isn't teaching them about the game but it helps teach them because it gives them time without being disturbed because they wouldn't just sit there and build because they wouldn't know anything about the game so they will go through a couple of steps and learn as I said without being disturbed and if they are ready then they breakout of protection. You could also argue that being conquered does still give them the chance of learning the game but they will give up since they will consider that being conquered is losing unlike big wars and players, they lose their armies and get conquered but they build back up but newbies would not have the chance to build back up or they wouldn't try because why bother trying when you have no interest in the game but protection however builds up that interest so that even after being conquered they could still join an alliance and learn to play and become good at the game that they love.

_________________
Image

I love it Kaze! ^^

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: New Newbie Protection
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:37 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3329
Gender: male
How does protection build interest? It removes the heart of bd and the part that we are all still here for. You are saying protection allows them to stick around in the game and helps them to like it but how does it do so? Because as I see it if my only goal in the game were to build units and structures while sitting behind a shield I am much more likely to forget about the game I mean hell you could go get that on farmville. :lol: By coming out of protection it creates that high stress environment that gets their hearts pumping and their minds racing. Then it becomes a race against time to find a way to survive which can lead to them messaging people to try and gain help or maybe they will come to the forums and ask for help. Either way it will be better for bd because now they have engaged in the community and that is the other strong point of bd. Now all of that would be much easier as Milan said with a sidebar chat like kong (which we have been pushing for for years).

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: New Newbie Protection
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:41 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:25 pm
Posts: 28
Korupt wrote:
How does protection build interest? It removes the heart of bd and the part that we are all still here for. You are saying protection allows them to stick around in the game and helps them to like it but how does it do so? Because as I see it if my only goal in the game were to build units and structures while sitting behind a shield I am much more likely to forget about the game I mean hell you could go get that on farmville. :lol: By coming out of protection it creates that high stress environment that gets their hearts pumping and their minds racing. Then it becomes a race against time to find a way to survive which can lead to them messaging people to try and gain help or maybe they will come to the forums and ask for help. Either way it will be better for bd because now they have engaged in the community and that is the other strong point of bd. Now all of that would be much easier as Milan said with a sidebar chat like kong (which we have been pushing for for years).


I get where you are coming from but protection helps build interest because it gives them a chance to learn about ratios units and how units can be effective and how they play the game which might get them intesrested in trying out how these stuff work and how battle works so my point is here that protection gives them time to prepare for the battles and the game when they come out of protection.

_________________
Image

I love it Kaze! ^^

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: New Newbie Protection
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:49 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3329
Gender: male
How does it help them learn those things? They are not going to stumble upon it one day on their own, they are going to find out by learning from other players. What is the best way for them to begin interacting with other players? When they are trying to survive, either they message the person attacking them or they start asking others. By sitting in protection longer you do not learn it's really as simple as that in my opinion. The extended amount of protection is not going to change that as the resources available to you for learning purposes does not go up after 100 ticks, it is the same from tick 1 to tick 3k. Again though I restate that this is treating a symptom and not the disease, a bandaid for a missing leg.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: New Newbie Protection
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:55 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:25 pm
Posts: 28
Korupt wrote:
How does it help them learn those things? They are not going to stumble upon it one day on their own, they are going to find out by learning from other players. What is the best way for them to begin interacting with other players? When they are trying to survive, either they message the person attacking them or they start asking others. By sitting in protection longer you do not learn it's really as simple as that in my opinion. The extended amount of protection is not going to change that as the resources available to you for learning purposes does not go up after 100 ticks, it is the same from tick 1 to tick 3k. Again though I restate that this is treating a symptom and not the disease, a bandaid for a missing leg.


looool looks like you've won the debate, you've manged to convince me I and I get your point.

But its my first time doing this in the forum I never argue I just go with the flow thats why im not good :lol:

_________________
Image

I love it Kaze! ^^

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: New Newbie Protection
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:57 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3329
Gender: male
TinyTempah123 wrote:
Korupt wrote:
How does it help them learn those things? They are not going to stumble upon it one day on their own, they are going to find out by learning from other players. What is the best way for them to begin interacting with other players? When they are trying to survive, either they message the person attacking them or they start asking others. By sitting in protection longer you do not learn it's really as simple as that in my opinion. The extended amount of protection is not going to change that as the resources available to you for learning purposes does not go up after 100 ticks, it is the same from tick 1 to tick 3k. Again though I restate that this is treating a symptom and not the disease, a bandaid for a missing leg.


looool looks like you've won the debate, you've manged to convince me I and I get your point.

But its my first time doing this in the forum I never argue I just go with the flow thats why im not good :lol:

Well stick around in the forums and you can improve and we can have some more fun. Not to mention you may get a chance to help new players and grow this community. ;)

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: New Newbie Protection
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:01 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:25 pm
Posts: 28
Yeah ill stick around but when you appear in a topic im just gonna go silent because I dont like it when I get convinced by another player xD :lol:

_________________
Image

I love it Kaze! ^^

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: New Newbie Protection
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:25 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3329
Gender: male
TinyTempah123 wrote:
Yeah ill stick around but when you appear in a topic im just gonna go silent because I dont like it when I get convinced by another player xD :lol:

Well I read every post on the forums so... :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: New Newbie Protection
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:42 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:25 pm
Posts: 28
Korupt wrote:
TinyTempah123 wrote:
Yeah ill stick around but when you appear in a topic im just gonna go silent because I dont like it when I get convinced by another player xD :lol:

Well I read every post on the forums so... :lol:


lol then it looks like ive got no where to hide oh well im sure there is something that we will both agree on someday xD

_________________
Image

I love it Kaze! ^^

Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl