It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Implement which of these features as stated?
Capture soldiers after Battle? 45%  45%  [ 9 ]
A Morale System? 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
Defecting prisoners upon Defeat? 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Selling Prisoners back to owner? 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 20
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Capturing Soldiers: A Prison Management System (WIP)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:37 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 pm
Posts: 515
Gender: male
Morale System
Part 1, dealing with the prison management system

An explanation of Morale

Morale will be points from 0/100 given to all units. New recruits will start with 75 morale. A squad will show a morale rating next to it, and a group of squads will show a morale rating.

The morale rating will be an average of all the units' morale involved in that grouping. For example:

A squad consists of 10 units with 50 morale, and 5 units with 100 morale.

(10x50) 500 + (5x100) 500 = 1000

1000/15 = 66.6667

Rounded up: 67 morale.

10 squads have 75 morale, 5 squads have 100 morale in a squad grouping or army.

(10x75) 750 + (5x100) 500 = 1250

1250/15 = 83.333

Rounded down = 83

Now, as Morale will only affect the rate of how many soldiers out of an army are able to be captured, there is no reason to combine the morale rating with allied squads. Perhaps you can see your ally's morale rating, but never will it be grouped in with your own to report back 1 number. Perhaps if this suggestion was about how the units fought, that number would be relevant.

How Morale is affected in every possible action in the game

Morale will be increased if these actions happen:

1. If units/squads sit on an outpost, they will gain 1 morale per tick to a maximum of 75 points. There will be ways to get to 100, yet sitting on an outpost will not allow it.

2. If units/squads are involved in a winning battle in which the 'battle efficiency' percentage is above 50%, they will gain morale points that can get up to a maximum of 100. The amount of points gained will be determined by the difference of the efficiency rating when compared to 50.

Example: A battle occurs, and the battle efficiency rating says: 86%. The units all gain (86-50) 36 morale points.

Now, to prevent spam reports from giving 50 morale points, this would only happen if the opposing side has at least 25% of the winning side's units.

Example: A battle occurs between 1 side with 1000 soldiers, and another side with 250 soldiers. Then the side with 1000 soldiers would gain morale.

Example 2: A battle occurs between 1 side with 1000 soldiers, and another side with 100 soldiers. Then the side with 1000 soldiers would gain no morale.

Morale will be decreased if these actions happen:

1. If units/squads are moving, they will lose 1 morale per tick they are moving to a minimum of 25 points. There will be ways to get to 0, however moving will not allow that to happen.

2. If units/squads are involved in a winning battle in which the 'battle efficiency' percentage is below 50%, they will lose morale that can get down to a minimum of 0. The amount of points lost will be determined by the difference of the natural battle efficiency of 50 when compared to the actual battle efficiency.

Example: A battle occurs, and the battle efficiency rating says: 32%. The units would all lose (50-32) 18 morale points.

This will happen no matter what the scenario, as it does not make any major problems.

3. If units/squads are nuked, they will lose 25 points to a minimum of 0 points.

4. If units/squads are spied, they will lose 25 points to a minimum of 0 points. The covert actions have to be the ones that damage units, so burning oil, killing workers, or locking down the units will not force the units to lose points.

Morale will neither gain or lose points if these actions happen:

1. If units/squads are involved in a winning battle in which the 'battle efficiency' rating is right at 50%, morale points will not be increased or decreased.

2. If units/squads are ioned, morale points will not be increased or decreased.

3. If units/squads are on an outpost that is jammed, or the outpost is jammed while the units/squads are on the outpost, morale points will not be increased or decreased.

4. If units/squads are on an irradiated outpost, morale points will not be increased or decreased.

What Morale affects... for now in this suggestion only

Morale will affect how many soldiers can be captured as prisoners after a battle has taken place.

If Morale is at 100, then no soldiers can be captured as prisoners.

If Morale is at 0, then all soldiers will be captured as prisoners.

Example 1: Let's say that 10 squads of tanks are at 33 morale points, and they lose a battle.

(100-33) 67% of the soldiers involved will be able to be captured. 10 squads of tanks are 100 tanks. Tanks constitute 3 soldiers so there are 300 soldiers in total.

300 x .67 = 201

201/3 = 67.

So 67 tanks will be captured as prisoners, whether the player wants them or not. If the player is unable to hold that many prisoners, then he will receive as many as he can carry with his army. I explain this later.

Example 2: Let's throw harder numbers at this. Say we have.. 56 tanks at 29 morale points that lose a battle.

(100-29) 71% of the soldiers involved will be able to be captured. 56 tanks are 168 soldiers.

168 x .71 = 119.28

Rounded down = 119. But 119 is not divisible by 3 to make this simple..

119/3 = 39.666666...

Instead of rounding up, we will round down each time because it wouldn't make logical sense.. this constitutes.. 39 tanks and 2/3rds of another tank.. so this will be an advantage for tanks and vehicles vs infantry is this little rounding rule.

So 39 tanks will be captured.

And that's how the Morale system will tie into the Prison Management system.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Capturing Soldiers: A Prison Management System (WIP)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:11 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:42 am
Posts: 725
still believe, it is easy way to capture prisoners with the refrence of xp, and only if you attack some 1 with x4 Army... using morale will defenately give this game a new look but, its much complicated as compared to XP, which we all can understand... any ways its upto, BD team, which will consider it and they have to do implementation........... KROUPT and you, if agree, then there should be 5th Burron, saying, ""XP system instead of Morale"" in poll.....

btw well done for your hard work :)

cz over all its hard work and a good suggestion

_________________
Image

Skype: ^^^ naveedakbarkhan ^^^


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Capturing Soldiers: A Prison Management System (WIP)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:20 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
Okay one thing I am not liking is the moral decreasing for moving and having to sit still to gain moral. As an active player that is constantly taking stuff this would hurt me quite a bit while benefitting those lazy players that sit and build.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Capturing Soldiers: A Prison Management System (WIP)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:38 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 pm
Posts: 515
Gender: male
Korupt wrote:
Okay one thing I am not liking is the moral decreasing for moving and having to sit still to gain moral. As an active player that is constantly taking stuff this would hurt me quite a bit while benefitting those lazy players that sit and build.


It's kinda like.. idk... food? :P

Are you not capable of planning your movements? I fail to see how this benefits lazy players.. if you are constantly killing and taking stuff. Lazy players remain at a 75 morale point cap.. but you're not an idiot and can make sure you're above. If we applied fighting bonuses and such with this, it would actually make your work worth all the more.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Capturing Soldiers: A Prison Management System (WIP)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:46 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 am
Posts: 3364
Gender: male
Lolowut wrote:
Korupt wrote:
Okay one thing I am not liking is the moral decreasing for moving and having to sit still to gain moral. As an active player that is constantly taking stuff this would hurt me quite a bit while benefitting those lazy players that sit and build.


It's kinda like.. idk... food? :P

Are you not capable of planning your movements? I fail to see how this benefits lazy players.. if you are constantly killing and taking stuff. Lazy players remain at a 75 morale point cap.. but you're not an idiot and can make sure you're above. If we applied fighting bonuses and such with this, it would actually make your work worth all the more.

I can plan my movements quite precisely but my movements should not be limited by a system of the game. Activity should be encouraged and taking everything you possibly can should never be penalized since you are always in motion. Key would there would be if though, for me to be alright with it that would have to be a requirement. :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Capturing Soldiers: A Prison Management System (WIP)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:47 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 pm
Posts: 515
Gender: male
Korupt wrote:
Lolowut wrote:
Korupt wrote:
Okay one thing I am not liking is the moral decreasing for moving and having to sit still to gain moral. As an active player that is constantly taking stuff this would hurt me quite a bit while benefitting those lazy players that sit and build.


It's kinda like.. idk... food? :P

Are you not capable of planning your movements? I fail to see how this benefits lazy players.. if you are constantly killing and taking stuff. Lazy players remain at a 75 morale point cap.. but you're not an idiot and can make sure you're above. If we applied fighting bonuses and such with this, it would actually make your work worth all the more.

I can plan my movements quite precisely but my movements should not be limited by a system of the game. Activity should be encouraged and taking everything you possibly can should never be penalized since you are always in motion. Key would there would be if though, for me to be alright with it that would have to be a requirement. :lol:


Why shouldn't your movements be limited by the game? They are limited in almost every other strategy game in existence. They are limited in real life by terrain... feeding your army... and their general morale as to whether they would or would not keep going.

The fact is.. the only thing BD IS based on is activity now. The only true way to catch someone in a trap that is at your skill level is the absence of that person.

It's a rather drab game when like this.

_________________
Image


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl