It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Nintendo on Youtube
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:06 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Recently, Nintendo has become a Youtube partner. But unlike any other entertainment companies, they put ads on videos instead of blocking it.

Quote:
We continually want our fans to enjoy sharing Nintendo content on YouTube, and that is why, unlike other entertainment companies, we have chosen not to block people using our intellectual property.

Wat do u think about this action? Is it a good thing to do, or something that will fail?

Source

Post subject: Re: Nintendo on Youtube
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:07 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I don't know the effectiveness of ads on YouTube but if it usually does well i can't imagine why it wouldn't work for them. I think the worst thing that could happen is people getting annoyed by ads esp. the 30 secs vids and possibly getting advertisement blockers or just making people really mad, otherwise it will be ignored like always.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:38 am 
Private
Private

It works out for the viewers (because they still get to watch their videos), and it works out for Nintendo (because they effectively get free advertising, and keep their fans happy).
And if the fan like what they see on youtube, it will increase the chances of them buying stuff from Nintendo.
I can't see how this can go wrong, and it seems like the companies that do block their videos are being selfish ["that's mine, you can't look at it"-mentality], rather than doing it for sound business reasons).

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

fake wrote:
It works out for the viewers (because they still get to watch their videos), and it works out for Nintendo (because they effectively get free advertising, and keep their fans happy).
And if the fan like what they see on youtube, it will increase the chances of them buying stuff from Nintendo.
I can't see how this can go wrong, and it seems like the companies that do block their videos are being selfish ["that's mine, you can't look at it"-mentality], rather than doing it for sound business reasons).

Yeah so how about all the lets players who spent years playing games giving commentary? Screw those. All the money to nintendo!

That's basically what's happening right now. Nintendo is killing "lets play".

NintendoCapriSun will probably be hit the hardest by it, but any lets player who plays Nintendo games is going to be in trouble.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:21 am 
Captain
Captain

Alexanderkitty wrote:
fake wrote:

Yeah so how about all the lets players who spent years playing games giving commentary? Screw those. All the money to nintendo!

NintendoCapriSun will probably be hit the hardest by it, but any lets player who plays Nintendo games is going to be in trouble.

HOLY SH*T THAT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE MARKET CAPITALISM AT WORK!

GahmGrahmps is all the LP anyone needs anyways.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:23 am 
Captain
Captain

"Ipods? What about the Walkmans?"

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:52 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Alexanderkitty wrote:
fake wrote:

As said in the article, Nintendo will only put ads to the videos, instead of blocking it like the other entertainment companies (Funimation for example). Although yeah this will affect the LPer but at least it will let them share the videos.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:22 pm 
Private
Private

Alexanderkitty wrote:

So you think it would be better if 'lets play' videos were simply blocked from youtube? Wouldn't that kill them more?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:50 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

fake wrote:
Alexanderkitty wrote:

So you think it would be better if 'lets play' videos were simply blocked from youtube? Wouldn't that kill them more?

Unless the players making the lets play videos give ALL the money they have made from a lets play to Nintendo then they have to take down the video. But then how are the going to decide how much money a youtube channel has made from Nintendo when most lets play channels play more than just Nintendo games. They've made it far to complicating so rather than understand it and giving money (more money than they probably should) they might as well take down the video.

Very silly move from Nintendo, going to hurt them a lot.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:30 pm 
Private
Private

Nintendo aren't taking the money from the LPers, they's getting it from the ads that they're placing on videos containing their products/property.

And this started in February, and none of your alleged problems seem to have occurred yet either.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next