It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Current Battledawn
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:00 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Yeah.. So what does that really solve? Just more units that they lose. I'd say 20 power is better, then they don't lose as many units and they are left alone sooner.

But yes, garrisons are all good and fun but don't happen as often as crystals spawning.. Crystals brought constant tensions.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:05 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I think you made a post like this before.

anyways i actually agree with you on most of them. The spies i can't say much on, while it does seem problematic i have not been in so many wars with spies involved to such a degree to really say anything.

another thing i'm really passionate about is the crystals thing. 30 is too late and with what looks like less people joining the more "normal" eras, the majority don't reach level 30, which is sad and getting crystals at 20 could MAYYYBEEE(big maybe there) could help stay longer because they want revenge for their loss of crystal and stay. And i know that the admins try to compensate for this with garrisons and crystals on relics but from what i've seen it's not much. And i've spoken on this before and to be honest i still don't know why it would be so problematic to release more crystals or release garrison more often, since the admins seem to be very stubborn on not doing it.

sorry for the long post(but not really)

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:50 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I did make a post similar to this before yes.

People talk about the good old days, when there were more active people, more competing alliances, more players to conquer, more crystals, more wars, more everything.

I really do think all these balancing and strategic changes have had a negative effect on all that.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:56 am 
Captain
Captain
 WWW  Profile

@Everybody: Don't worry, every era has got an end !

Most Crystals: 51
Highest Power: 194
Best Score: 3320

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:18 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I do agree with Milan here, the game has become a lot more fair and balanced but this has made eras a lot more boring. Not counting the CE, in a normal world, there´s only 2 alliances going for the win and in the end 1 of them gives their relics to the other and the era ends. Not enough wars, why? Because people no longer have a reason to war. All they gain through a war now is crystals and relics but they lose too much army, as Milan mentioned, the income received from conquers has been greatly nerfed and it takes 24 ticks to raze ops making the advantage gained from conquers and ops little.

The updates have been made to make the game more balanced so that even non boosters or alliances that lost their armies at the start of the era can have a chance for a comeback later on but if there are no wars between the top alliances and they dont lose armies, then its impossible for any other alliance to catch up. Basically, the excitement has decreased.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:45 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

aister wrote:
the point of 30 power for crystal is to have the new player having a good enough amount of units before being attacked the second time (the first time is him being conquered)

I do agree that it did make a crystal shortage, and garrisons have to be added in order to counter the shortage.

you have to be kidding me aister saying this didnt create an xtal shortage.
there used to be several teams with over 300 xtals and heck ive ever seen eras where 2 teams had over 1k xtals now 1 team getting 500+ is a feat which would cause the rest to have less than 100 most likely.

as far as agents it makes the game very stressful and yes it does discourage war because most good team packs their defenses with agents and it makes getting into another teams hive extremely difficult, now who is really going to fight a war that they cant finish off and gain the goodies?

increasing conquer income, im very meh on that for reasons but i would like to see res ops be worth a little bit more :)

and 24 tiks to raze ops is pretty bs what if you want to get an op razed in an enemies hive immediately so you can have a fresh op and not have to worry about being spied with this new agent system? also another thing as far with the agent system that flat out pisses me off is when you are a strong player that did kill several alliances or just conquered angry noobs is that you always get an agent on your colony that completely herrasses you which needs to change

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:54 am 
Captain
Captain

Milanos wrote:
This turned out to be a rather long post, if you want the summary check the bottom of the post.

In this Champions Era there is one thing I am noticing above all, and it is how stagnant wars are. We have been sitting next to SAGE for ages now, with none of us really able to pull off any attacks. There is a simple reason for this.. The new spies. It is quite guaranteed that on any attack you do, you will be locked, perhaps spied, and if you get locked you can expect an ion showdown. Either way, the ions are not what I want to discuss.

What I want to discuss is this agent system. It has made wars so incredibly slow that if you want to play it strategically (e.g. don't lose squads), you are going to sit on OPs all day long, adding tons of spy protection because the hostile alliance will have several spies on it. You can not attack the OP your enemy is sitting on because you will get locked and spied, they can not attack your OP because they will get locked and spied. You can try spamming, but of course you aren't going to take the OP by using a spam. You can try nuking, but if you send just 1 odds are it will be ioned, send more and your enemy moves to a new OP and the process repeats itself. On top of that, continuously nuking OPs takes quite a huge toll on (already depleted) energy reserves, and is hard to keep up.

Of course it can be said that this new spy system is more strategic. But I do wonder, how IS it more strategic? The current strategy for agents is simple, you have your team bring their agents to the frontlines, and plant agents all around. If you are fighting a war with allies, then your allies do the same. Result: All OPs are infested with spies and you can not send any actual army at it without risking losing it completely.

So what DO we see? Well, let's just go through what has decided wars so far. CBop we have managed to lock on an attack once, which I believe was about 40 squads. After this they of course stopped attacking outposts all together. Mind you, this was still early game so there were less agents around. Eventually that war was decided by them sending full army at us, no spies involved there because we just hopped from one new OP to the next and it was still early game so there was less to worry about.

Then the GML war. The turning point in the war, I would say, was GML locking LOST on an OP and then sending 120 squads into their own lock, after which we managed to damage them and kill that army. Yes, this kill was done with agents but only because GML was dumb enough to fly into their OWN lock.

Then the war with SAGE. SAGE got trapped on an ETA 6 move, II got themselves trapped, EVIL were mostly killed in colonies, I killed themselves by suiciding into BEER. Again, no spies involved. Since then we have been sitting next to SAGE for what, a week? Neither of us can attack, as SAGE demonstrated by sending one attack and immediately losing several armies in a lock.

My point is that because of the agent system it is simply becoming impossible to attack. Defenders have such a huge advantage by being able to lock their own OP and then being able to spy/ion that it is just too risky to attack anything.

I don't know how others feel about it, but this is making Battledawn a lot more boring for me. Perhaps it IS more strategic, perhaps it is more balanced as smaller alliances can now defend themselves quite well too and you can't afford to go anywhere without your fully army.. But it is making Battledawn boring for me personally. And I am not just talking about the new spy system here but about BD becoming more balanced and strategic in general. Where are the days of charging into wars with your 1 tick immunity, snowballing your conquer income because taxation actually meant something, the days of nuking relics, only taking 12 ticks to raze an OP, the days of newbies spawning crystals at 20 power, the days of a lot more people playing actively on worlds..

I might be completely alone in this regard, but I am putting it out here anyway. I believe that the older version of the New Client, despite it being less strategic and less balanced led to more wars, more competitiveness, more activity from players and a more fun gameplay in general. Higher conquer income meant competing over conquers leading to tensions between alliances and snowball effects, crystals at 20 power led to more crystals being spawned again leading to more clashing between alliances, leading to more wars and a much more intense gameplay in general. You could get started with a lot of resources because you didn't need to have all resource structures at level 3, you could build up your buildings faster. Defenders did not have such advantages, you could attack OPs in relative safety because spies were not as abundant and you could not lock your own OP before your enemy landed.

Perhaps all these changes that I have listed seem like small changes that have been made, but for me they have compounded and have made Battledawn a much more boring and stagnant game. There are few tensions between alliances, crystals aren't that abundant anymore except for with garrisons. There isn't much incentive to being superactive anymore when there is no reason to go around conquering and you can't attack any hostile OPs as you will get locked and killed. I find myself adoring the old Battledawn where fighting was abundant, people were more active, you would have tensions over crystals every few ticks, and where you could charge into wars.

Either way.. As I see this has become a relatively long post, here is a short summary. I believe that while changes that have been made to Battledawn might have made it a more balanced and strategic game (24 ticks for OP razing, longer build times and needing level 3 resource buildings to attack, the new spy system, conquer income being nerfed extremely, 30 power for a crystal), it has also made Battledawn a more stagnant game in which wars are all about waiting and defending, and a more boring game with less tension between alliances and less FUN.

Anyway, that's the short summary. I know that many that share my opinion will not see this as they have already left, but that is okay. I would very much like to hear what everyone thinks of this, and whether you agree or disagree. So please, do post.

I completely agree with you here Milan.

Overall the loss of crystals and income ect has made the game more fair but less fun.

The spy system make the game too easy and the guys who talk about how its fine have been fighting alliances that arent to impressive.

Though spammers were annoying the days when you could attack without level 3 everything was awesome. The game had a lot more going for it and I don't think this is a people just decided to quit. These little things did add up over time and we're experiencing the result of this as a whole now.

Even little things are ignored now in days. Wiki is inaccurate with a lot of things. And to just keep people playing more and more things like garrisons and what not are being added to the world to make up for low populations.

12 ticks for razing outposts was awesome and made the game in my opinion much better.

Over all I do believe that we would have more wars and competition if these things were more seriously addressed.

The game has an aura to it now that it used to not have. Players are simply just messing around on worlds not trying. These players have been playing for a long time too. It's sad, the seriousness of this game has toned down dramatically. People are scared to move units now and the rewards for top 3 are good enough for most. And adding too it constant betrayals and what not leave bad tastes in players mouths all the time....the game has been filled with this clogged atmosphere for awhile where players just constantly complain about betrayals.

Over all everything what you said, I agree with. The game needs to regain some of its former glory.

And for LC there is an xstal shortage. Relics didnt use to have xstals and garrisons weren't common.

Retired NEWS Reporter.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:58 am 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

yes slinky but the update of having 30 power for an xtal greatly contributed to it

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:13 am 
Private
Private

Well i do agree with Milan

How about getting down the number of agents you can have to 5 ?? So that it makes it hard to have too many agents around

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:14 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

lilconquer wrote:
aister wrote:
the point of 30 power for crystal is to have the new player having a good enough amount of units before being attacked the second time (the first time is him being conquered)

I do agree that it did make a crystal shortage, and garrisons have to be added in order to counter the shortage.

you have to be kidding me aister saying this didnt create an xtal shortage.
there used to be several teams with over 300 xtals and heck ive ever seen eras where 2 teams had over 1k xtals now 1 team getting 500+ is a feat which would cause the rest to have less than 100 most likely.

as far as agents it makes the game very stressful and yes it does discourage war because most good team packs their defenses with agents and it makes getting into another teams hive extremely difficult, now who is really going to fight a war that they cant finish off and gain the goodies?

increasing conquer income, im very meh on that for reasons but i would like to see res ops be worth a little bit more :)

and 24 tiks to raze ops is pretty bs what if you want to get an op razed in an enemies hive immediately so you can have a fresh op and not have to worry about being spied with this new agent system? also another thing as far with the agent system that flat out pisses me off is when you are a strong player that did kill several alliances or just conquered angry noobs is that you always get an agent on your colony that completely herrasses you which needs to change

errr

I said, it did make a crystal shortage.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next