It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Whaleing
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:44 pm 
Captain
Captain

my only point is kill is never humane for the killed party.. Would u like 2 be killed in humane way? Even a tiny ant runs for life when you try 2 block its way.
The point is everything values their life somehow.
As for whaling I've not much idea. If some ppl r making money with it then why to cry?? as long as it is done legally..

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:40 am 
Private
Private

signlord wrote:
my only point is kill is never humane for the killed party..

I dissagree. Being humane means to be kind, or show compassion, so killing an animal as quickly and as painlessly as possible is humane, as apposed to having their death be long, and agonising, which is inhumane.

signlord wrote:
Would u like 2 be killed in humane way?

Yes, if
A. The alternative was an inhumane way
B. I had a suffering that could not end (why I support euthanasia)

signlord wrote:
Even a tiny ant runs for life when you try 2 block its way.

So do many robots. It's just survival instinct, not some sort of higher awareness of the sanctity of life.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:12 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

agonasani wrote:
we breed pork,chicken,cows etc for eating we dont breed whales at all thats why their population has fallen

Many fish populations (which we also don't breed) have fallen due to over fisshing, but noone is arguing that fishing is wrong on this basis.[/quote]

as i said at the top of my post all hunting of endagerd species should be banned just because you want to make a specialty doesnt mean you can destroy the ecosytem

BMO chop(If this was a real attack you'd be dead)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:37 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

signlord wrote:
my only point is kill is never humane for the killed party.. Would u like 2 be killed in humane way? Even a tiny ant runs for life when you try 2 block its way.
The point is everything values their life somehow.
As for whaling I've not much idea. If some ppl r making money with it then why to cry?? as long as it is done legally..

By that logic, if slavery became legal again, you´d take part in it?
If freedom of speech became illegal, you´d still agree?

If you think about everything Legal being ok and everything illegal being bad then how do you explain CISPA for one. It is a law being brought out, it basically allows any company or website to give out information about any of their clients or employees to the government without any warents and is completely legal. Basically, this means that the government won´t spy on you, it will just get another company to spy on you and have them give the info to the government and you´re alright with that?

A lot of laws are made for the benefit of influencial, rich people, eg: Making pirating illegal to benefit the rich film and music producers. Making SIM unlocking on your phone illegal unless you pay the network that you bought your SIM from to unlock it for you.

A lot of the Laws are BS so you can´t base an arguement on "if it´s legal, its ok if its not then its not ok" because that is simply bs.

Back to topic, human hypocrisy is obvious in everday life and it is not going to stop unfortunately. It is the effect of the media making us be against it, maybe it´s secret politcal reasons, that probably is it. But, the fact is, more whales are being fished than are being bought and eaten meaning that many are just thrown away so maybe something should be done about that.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:02 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

hmm i really have no idea what you guys are talking about, and too lazy to read all the posts. lol

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:22 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

This is the discussion and debates section, if you want to participate in the debate then read the posts and research the subject and post good discussions with good evidence supporting them. If you cannot be bothered to do so them firstly do not come into the discussion and debates section and secondly don´t just post and say "im too lazy to read all of this" just to get your post count up.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3