It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Atheism, is it the norm?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:10 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:06 pm
Posts: 25
Religion is all fake...they created the bible to make money...


that's why today the churches are filthy rich.......and ever growing.

Jesus died on the cross for the sin of mankind...if he was smart enough he should of known that his sacrifice would be in vain...cuz he keep on sinning.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Atheism, is it the norm?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:13 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:52 pm
Posts: 982
Location: Sailing in Black Pearl
^Snake the investor :lol:

_________________
Image
Sig thx to Darklighter...
Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Atheism, is it the norm?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:23 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm
Posts: 1179
Statistically atheism isn't the norm, never has been and even though it is growing. Considering most religions are growing too I doubt it will ever become normal. Its acceptable in society but just b/c religion isn't something everyone understands doesn't mean that we should criticize each other. People are not as caring with gays, wars, and other things. I dont see why we cant chill a little on the religion and money :P

_________________
BoS (E4) NUKE (Fantasy)
Image

Retired NEWS Reporter.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Atheism, is it the norm?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:41 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:19 pm
Posts: 239
Location:                      ★                   The mystical land of Eng
Gender: male
signlord wrote:
^ I don't know why he is saying Buddhism falls under atheism :?

Because some forms of Buddhism do.
Here, read the first part of this.

signlord wrote:
as for other issues I'm not going to debate anymore.

At least give us your proof that god doesn't exist, seeing as you're so adamant that your belief is the only possibly valid belief.

_________________
        ★★★  ★  ★ ★ ★★★
        ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
        ★★★ ★★★ ★★  ★★★
        ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
        ★   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★★
         ★★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★★
         ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
         ★   ★★★ ★★  ★★★
          ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
           ★★  ★  ★ ★ ★★★


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Atheism, is it the norm?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:55 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:48 am
Posts: 8023
Location: Fuyuki City
Gender: male
fake wrote:
signlord wrote:
^ I don't know why he is saying Buddhism falls under atheism :?

Because some forms of Buddhism do.
Here, read the first part of this.

signlord wrote:
as for other issues I'm not going to debate anymore.

At least give us your proof that god doesn't exist, seeing as you're so adamant that your belief is the only possibly valid belief.

false, Buddhists aren't required to believe in Buddha, however, Buddhism and the practitioners, which is the monks, do believe in Buddha.

_________________
Image

Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Atheism, is it the norm?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:57 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Posts: 731
fake wrote:
signlord wrote:
^ I don't know why he is saying Buddhism falls under atheism :?

Because some forms of Buddhism do.
Here, read the first part of this.

signlord wrote:
as for other issues I'm not going to debate anymore.

At least give us your proof that god doesn't exist, seeing as you're so adamant that your belief is the only possibly valid belief.

you cant get legit proof that god does or doesnt exist it's just what people want to believe in (hense the world believe)

_________________
MGH 1st
MGH 1st
TTE 1st
WWs 1st
XIRX 4th
Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
Image
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on skype littleconqueror1


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Atheism, is it the norm?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:18 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:19 pm
Posts: 239
Location:                      ★                   The mystical land of Eng
Gender: male
lilconquer wrote:
you cant get legit proof that god does or doesnt exist it's just what people want to believe in (hense the world believe)


Yes, and that's what my point is (and why I'm an agnostic).

_________________
        ★★★  ★  ★ ★ ★★★
        ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
        ★★★ ★★★ ★★  ★★★
        ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
        ★   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★★
         ★★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★★
         ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
         ★   ★★★ ★★  ★★★
          ★   ★ ★ ★ ★  ★
           ★★  ★  ★ ★ ★★★


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Atheism, is it the norm?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:19 pm 
BD Maintenance Team
BD Maintenance Team
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:55 pm
Posts: 1546
Gender: male
Jake wrote:
Alright, so I was talking to my Aunt the other day and we were on her way to her house and I forgot and showed her an atheist joke meme from someone I follow on Facebook, his name is "God" lol... Anyways it showed jesus with a DJ board thing and it said

"Watch me resurect"

"These fresh beats"

Or something like that, she told me it was scary to her that I wasn't religious anymore. I said I was sorry for being offensive I didn't mean to do that and I gave her my reasoning (by first asking permission to share as to not offend)

I told her, that I thought about the things Americans believe that already contradict what it says in the holy book, millions of Christians believe in the big bang which in the old church would have been called blasphemy. The Church recognized the possibility of life outside earth, for gods sakes (no pun intended) we are all atheists already, believing in aliens and exploring space we devout far more time in our daily lives to technology than religion.

So I told her, I was already an atheist at heart. I learned about evolution, it made sense. I learned about the big bang theory, it made sense. I learn about physics and mathematics and chemistry. It all makes sense.

Ok first i want to say that i came in to this discussion misunderstood. i thought you had said atheist is the default or something. That being said, i would like to rephrase my first reply as well. I meant that science is used to glorify God which in a way can be used to to attempt to prove his existence(but let's not go there). Second, you say that because you believe in these things you are an atheist, and that isn't correct. There are Christians who believe all those things and still CLAIM to be Christians or other religions.

I told her that I thought religion was just the way we could explain science back in those days, I mean look at the early Romans and Greeks why is it so ridiculous to believe those religions but it is perfectly rational to believe in Catholicism?

There is truth in what you say here. Many religions did try to understand the world through their religions and what their leaders said. And it's ridiculous to believe in those religions because there is practically no good evidence to support their gods' existence. and now that we know these things like the sun isn't a god or the the rain and all that doesn't come because you sacrifice your child on an altar. We can say that they are simply not true. And the reason i think Catholicism is rational is because of the bible. it's a book with good evidence to back it's legitimacy.I'm sure there are more reason for the rationale but I'll stop there.


What about 700,000,000 Hindu people that believe in something completely different? How can we say they are wrong and we are right even though we have relatively the same amount of evidence supporting both religions? How did we ever know we were right other than the fact our parents told it to us as fact, not faith?

I don't know much about the hindu or their religions so i can't say anything here. Saying how could we ever know we were right other than what are parents told us is going a bit too far. This is essentially how knowledge is passed down is it not? Anyways i don't really understand that question.

So my question is, has Atheism really just become normal? Are Christians really Christian? Or are they all in denial?


I don't know how to answer this question, but couldn't you say the same thing about Christianity or other religions?

also i understand my answers may not be satisfactory, but know it's what i think and only I.


Also i just saw lilconquerer's response on page2 and i want to say that women are not treated as second class citizens in the bible. It just looks like that because many of us don't go deep and interpret the bible clearly. I encourage you to do more research on that.

oh yea stay of random websites discussing things like these for knowledge. they're mostly people's opinions, and nothing more.

_________________
Image
Apollo wrote:
Eh, I try to win every once and awhile. Gotta keep up appearances.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Atheism, is it the norm?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:56 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:42 pm
Posts: 540
Gender: male
Atheism the new norm? :lol:
i assure you I am Christian and am in no denial.

I believe religion and science can coexist.

_________________
Image


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Atheism, is it the norm?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:59 pm 
BD Maintenance Team
BD Maintenance Team
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:55 pm
Posts: 1546
Gender: male
ghossfeld88 wrote:
Atheism the new norm? :lol:
i assure you I am Christian and am in no denial.

I believe religion and science can coexist.



and they have been for centuries.

_________________
Image
Apollo wrote:
Eh, I try to win every once and awhile. Gotta keep up appearances.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl