It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Atheism, is it the norm?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Here is a good theory that proves a young earth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:43 am 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Milanos wrote:
Please do come back lifenstuff, I really wonder which scientific discoveries in your opinion prove christianity to be true :)

Religion confirms the science and not the other way round.
science cannot prove God bcoz science is something discovered by man but a holy book prove God's existence since it's written by God

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:18 pm 
Private
Private

ghossfeld88 wrote:

It fails to take into account the dozens of different dating method (radiocarbon, radiometric, dendrochronology, sedimentary and ice core layers, fossil records etc. etc.) which all independently and collaboratively prove the earth is more than a few thousand years old, and have all been all been independently performed by various teams of scientist around the world, in hundreds of different countries.

zeeshu954 wrote:
a holy book prove God's existence since it's written by God

Then why is it 'the gospel according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John' and not 'the gospel according to God, God, God and God'?
I taught that the bible was inspired by god, but not written by him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:32 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

fake wrote:
ghossfeld88 wrote:

It fails to take into account the dozens of different dating method (radiocarbon, radiometric, dendrochronology, sedimentary and ice core layers, fossil records etc. etc.) which all independently and collaboratively prove the earth is more than a few thousand years old, and have all been all been independently performed by various teams of scientist around the world, in hundreds of different countries.

What I meant is that religion and Science can go together, it is not always one or the other.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:39 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

Here is what religion is in a round about way.

Spoiler:
I believe this so you should too.

Not that I disagree with what certain religions believe in, hell I even share many beliefs, but the way religious people and groups interact and try to "share" their views on others is what discourages the idea of calling myself anything other than atheist.

A good example of such group would be the Westboro Baptist Church. They are, in my opinion, extremists who basically look for young children who are gullible, usually depressed, abadoned, or mentally unstable to listen to what they say and drill it into their heads until they share the same views. Not saying that this is a religion group this is just an example of a group that uses similar methods of coercing others into believing what they believe.

Recently did a 50 page essay on these folks and if you'd like to study more feel free to ask me as they do some very controversial stuff in modern society.

To stay on topic though. It's a great idea to believe in something and share ideas with others. Maybe if people stopped forcing their beliefs off on children there would be much better world leaders than there are now. This is my view on atheism and I'm sure others feel the same way.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 pm 
AANC Mentors
AANC Mentors

maybe we are all nothings that with our trapped minds created a "god" with our (minds i guess?) to create a physical world for us to exist is and god is us and we are god

Hero 2nd
RFW 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
BoS 1st
OC 1st
TFF 1st X2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:07 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

A modern and easy to watch movie depicting how most religion works would be The Book of Eli. Pretty much shows exactly how religion starts and the outcome of the destruction it could cause in the wrong hands.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:04 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I watched The book of Eli a week ago. Its not the best movie ever but yeah... Its a powerful tool in the wrong hands.

And Anarchy as much as I like to see you back to bd. THATS MY COLOR! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:07 am 
Private
Private

anarchy69x wrote:
A modern and easy to watch movie depicting how most religion works would be The Book of Eli. Pretty much shows exactly how religion starts and the outcome of the destruction it could cause in the wrong hands.

Ilona wrote:
I watched The book of Eli a week ago. Its not the best movie ever but yeah... Its a powerful tool in the wrong hands.

umm not the same color ilona :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:09 am 
Major
Major

Varidhish wrote:
anarchy69x wrote:

Ilona wrote:

umm not the same color ilona :P

Shh don't tell her she is color blind. :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next