It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: What drives us to play BD for so long
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:46 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 YIM  Profile

Well,i started playing this game so that i can win a bet with my friend,and ive alreadu won it.
there are five calssmates of mine here..
but got addicted to it now,because its awesome...and the best part is community

ow!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:14 pm 
Major
Major

Have to say community really does keep you here.

Jack, its been a while. :P

Zhester: *You're :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:42 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

i start playing this tl get ma mind off from ma girl frnd... Now its bacame more then facebook for me..

JUST A GAMER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:04 am 
Captain
Captain

Day of Darkness wrote:
I don't think i would have played BD as long as i have if it wasn't for the people who i got to know through it. The list of people i respect and consider friends on this has mostly stayed the same throughout my time with a few exceptions.
Yes you meet and play with some new people now and then, but i have learnt the hard way that you should only play with those you have trusted for a while...... although again there are a few exceptions.

BD is a great game and just recently i came back to play and felt that rush when i got asked into an alliance with friends, the preparation you put into knowing what your alliance wants to do and who is going to be on that server. The wait for the server to start, counting down the ticks till the Admin ends havoc and being hit with "Server is under maintenance" and then you know its super close.

The buzz when you place down your colony and getting your alliance together. The first 100 ticks trying to expand into different parts of the world. Then it's all madness for long the server lasts.
Battling your way to the top through sleepless nights while trying not to fall asleep at the keyboard.

It's the only game i know that can get me to run home as fast as possible to move my units. I tried to leave BD but truth is unless i remove the internet from my house..... it will always be there waiting for me to log in.

Day of Darkness

This. Strong this.

In the last era I played, I wasn't even playing seriously.. Yet I found myself abandoning my date half way through my meal because my alliance leader sent me a text message saying war was declared on us. I literally ran all the way home and the poor girl had to pay for the dinner that I didn't eat.

That was a non serious era. Serious eras didn't involve going outside... :lol:

It's all about the bond with your allies, friends and enemies. The planning and preparation. The alarms being set to go off every 2nd tick. The caffeine and other substances to stay awake for 40+ hours at a time... I miss this game. I shall return one day soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:13 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Diazepam wrote:
Day of Darkness wrote:
I don't think i would have played BD as long as i have if it wasn't for the people who i got to know through it. The list of people i respect and consider friends on this has mostly stayed the same throughout my time with a few exceptions.
Yes you meet and play with some new people now and then, but i have learnt the hard way that you should only play with those you have trusted for a while...... although again there are a few exceptions.

BD is a great game and just recently i came back to play and felt that rush when i got asked into an alliance with friends, the preparation you put into knowing what your alliance wants to do and who is going to be on that server. The wait for the server to start, counting down the ticks till the Admin ends havoc and being hit with "Server is under maintenance" and then you know its super close.

The buzz when you place down your colony and getting your alliance together. The first 100 ticks trying to expand into different parts of the world. Then it's all madness for long the server lasts.
Battling your way to the top through sleepless nights while trying not to fall asleep at the keyboard.

It's the only game i know that can get me to run home as fast as possible to move my units. I tried to leave BD but truth is unless i remove the internet from my house..... it will always be there waiting for me to log in.

Day of Darkness

This. Strong this.

In the last era I played, I wasn't even playing seriously.. Yet I found myself abandoning my date half way through my meal because my alliance leader sent me a text message saying war was declared on us. I literally ran all the way home and the poor girl had to pay for the dinner that I didn't eat.

It's all about the bond with your allies, friends and enemies. The planning and preparation. The alarms being set to go off every 2nd tick. The caffeine and other substances to stay awake for 40+ hours at a time... I miss this game. I shall return one day soon.

I feel so bad for that girl :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:59 am 
Captain
Captain

Milanos wrote:
Diazepam wrote:
Day of Darkness wrote:

Day of Darkness

This. Strong this.

I feel so bad for that girl :lol:

Haha, no you should feel bad for me. I girlfriended her eventually and because of that incident she doesn't let me play anymore!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:30 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

but i thought u're playing the ce

u dumped her?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:52 am 
Captain
Captain

aister wrote:
but i thought u're playing the ce

u dumped her?

Who told you that?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:30 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

rumors

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:44 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

lawl @rumors

currently retired until school closes

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next