It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Discussion of an admin (Joe)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:40 am 
BD Maintenance Team
BD Maintenance Team
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:02 pm
Posts: 566
aister wrote:
I agree with u Milan, that a lot has bad experiences with Joe, and that although Joe is doing a very good job with his work, he's quite slower than the other admins due to his lack of time and activity.

But let's look at it again, wat is the problem here? He doesn't have a lot of time, yet he still manage to do his job. I don't think we should have anything to complain much here except that.

So solution? Fire him? No, he's not bad enough to be fired. We'll just need to cut down on his worlds and give him less fast worlds. It would give him better time for his worlds and his lack of activity won't affect much due to the slow worlds.

This is agreeable to me, although there's a term that should be changed... rather than "bad enough", Admin Joe fulfills his job: he might not be able to give as much extra time as any other Admin, but he gives enough time to fulfill the duties as Admin, and so he passes all requirements to be Admin. As Aister said, the solution isn't firing him; rather, it's adapting what he has to do in order for him to fulfill his job according to his limits. I'm pretty sure the other Admins take extra job because they want, but mostly because they CAN, so perhaps Joe wouldn't take extra work, but would do the corresponding work properly. The only thing is, I've never had had a bad experience with Joe, and most of the comments I've heard is that he's actually cool, and a down-to-Earth guy. My personal opinion would go by that line: I remember fooling around in a Mars, then finding my name and alliance name changed because we decided to pick on some random guy xD
Disclaimer: I had NOTHING to do with choosing the guy, or what to do; I thought the guy was part of the joke, please forgive me D:

_________________
IGN: Vault Dweller


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Discussion of an admin (Joe)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:41 am 
Moderator
Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1951
aister wrote:
I agree with u Milan, that a lot has bad experiences with Joe, and that although Joe is doing a very good job with his work, he's quite slower than the other admins due to his lack of time and activity.

But let's look at it again, wat is the problem here? He doesn't have a lot of time, yet he still manage to do his job. I don't think we should have anything to complain much here except that.

So solution? Fire him? No, he's not bad enough to be fired. We'll just need to cut down on his worlds and give him less fast worlds. It would give him better time for his worlds and his lack of activity won't affect much due to the slow worlds.


At least we can agree that he is simply less active than the other admins then. What I don't entirely agree with is the part about giving him less fast worlds though. I believe it is quite common knowledge that the 1 tick worlds (especially for example E1) generate the most income, so also generate the most income for admins. This way an admin would be rewarded for being less active than others admins because he would get paid more. Therefore I sadly do not think your idea of giving him slower worlds is a fair solution to the other admins who are more active. Cutting down on his worlds, yes, I can definitely agree to that ;)

Quote:
This is agreeable to me, although there's a term that should be changed... rather than "bad enough", Admin Joe fulfills his job: he might not be able to give as much extra time as any other Admin, but he gives enough time to fulfill the duties as Admin, and so he passes all requirements to be Admin. As Aister said, the solution isn't firing him; rather, it's adapting what he has to do in order for him to fulfill his job according to his limits. I'm pretty sure the other Admins take extra job because they want, but mostly because they CAN, so perhaps Joe wouldn't take extra work, but would do the corresponding work properly. The only thing is, I've never had had a bad experience with Joe, and most of the comments I've heard is that he's actually cool, and a down-to-Earth guy. My personal opinion would go by that line: I remember fooling around in a Mars, then finding my name and alliance name changed because we decided to pick on some random guy xD
Disclaimer: I had NOTHING to do with choosing the guy, or what to do; I thought the guy was part of the joke, please forgive me D:


Well, good to hear the other side of the story as well :) I am not saying all experiences with him are bad, and he isn't a bad guy. I don't have anything against him persoanlly, I can totally agree with you that he's a cool, down-to-earth guy from what I know.

Quote:
I believe that being an admin, it is part of your job to be helpful for the community. And yes, your point with Simmen is a good one. Simmen is a good admin, and he does not have the time difficulties that Joe seems to have. That is why I believe Simmen is more suited for the job of administrator than Joe is. That is, again, nothing personal but simply a matter of where you are in your life and the time you have available. You can call that unfair, but some people are simply better suited than a job for others. If you were to hire an admin now and had the choice between an admin who had the time to be active on a world, answer messages helpfully and be active in the community or an admin who indeed fulfilled his job requirements but did not participate in the community and was both less active and less helpful to players than the first admin, which would you choose?

_________________
Image

Made by KazeToushin, thank you!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Discussion of an admin (Joe)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:45 pm 
Specialist
Specialist
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:59 am
Posts: 33
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Gender: male
hmmm hi everyone. As we all know Admin Joe is a cool guys but as Aister said he is a bit slow and that is not very good an excuse, yes we all have real life situations (reality worst game ever) but on Mars3 my personal experience we have lost lots because of the admin's slowness now I like Joe but we cant be losing our squads and army when someone cheats and then after all is done and a long while after we get compensation from an admin. I do'nt like Joe's slowness and I do'nt maintain he should be forcibly removed maybe we can get a new admin to take up some of his worlds so he can concentrate on other worlds. or maybe if he cant do his job maybe he can be a mod instead of an admin of a world because guys remember it's us the players who are cheated and getting compensation dos'nt really cut it when cheater's are involved so the slowness of Joe should be adressed.

_________________
~VORTKEN of VTN.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Discussion of an admin (Joe)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:48 pm 
BD Maintenance Team
BD Maintenance Team
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:55 pm
Posts: 1546
Gender: male
he's pretty good to me, or has been, in fact, just the other day he responded to my message about op farming within 3 minutes :|

_________________
Image
Apollo wrote:
Eh, I try to win every once and awhile. Gotta keep up appearances.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Discussion of an admin (Joe)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:06 pm 
Private
Private
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 10:31 am
Posts: 3
Gender: male
I'm basically happy with Admin Joe. i have good experiences with him.
If you have a family and a fulltime job you would understand, sometimes a slow response.

My whole army (23 squads) was killed by 2 banned users and i got 500 blues in return, while i should get enough to replace the 23 squads, but the gesture was nice.



Thanks Joe


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Discussion of an admin (Joe)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:09 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 pm
Posts: 302
It seems like Milanos has been carrying a gun and gunning for Admin Joe's head at every opportunity he gets, seems mor eliek a personal vendetta to me...

Admin Joe, has been doing a pretty Gud Job, and has been performing his duties within the defined boudnary of time, which has been expected from each and every admin... Why do u care about slowness, when it's clearly mentioned that an Admin needs "24 HOURS" to respond, or take action to any REQUEST OF YOURS... that's his SLA with Battle Dawn and he sticks with it most of the times, if not all the time. If you think any other admin responds quicker than the 24 hours timeline, you are getting a BONUS and should rather appreciate that other admin rather than criticizing Joe here...!

My Personal opinion, says that Joe never ever bans a player until he has AMPLE EVIDENCE, which is a fair game.. Just imagine, if he bans you on my multiple request without digging into the facts, u will be the first one to come back again over here and launch a campaign against him for that..!

Why do u need to create multiple threads for this or just find a way to blame Joe in any other thread? I have seen you doing it for a long time now... Don't you know that their is a ADMIN FEEDBACK button on every world? Let the people give their own feedback over there and BD staff will take care of it..!! May be u can use it too.. :-)

That's all i had to say...!! Joe, u are doing a great job and their are people who appreciate it too.. Now, please don't say it's "THRASH JOE WEEK" again :lol: :lol:


Cheers..!!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Discussion of an admin (Joe)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:20 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1951
slayerofall wrote:
It seems like Milanos has been carrying a gun and gunning for Admin Joe's head at every opportunity he gets, seems mor eliek a personal vendetta to me...

Admin Joe, has been doing a pretty Gud Job, and has been performing his duties within the defined boudnary of time, which has been expected from each and every admin... Why do u care about slowness, when it's clearly mentioned that an Admin needs "24 HOURS" to respond, or take action to any REQUEST OF YOURS... that's his SLA with Battle Dawn and he sticks with it most of the times, if not all the time. If you think any other admin responds quicker than the 24 hours timeline, you are getting a BONUS and should rather appreciate that other admin rather than criticizing Joe here...!

My Personal opinion, says that Joe never ever bans a player until he has AMPLE EVIDENCE, which is a fair game.. Just imagine, if he bans you on my multiple request without digging into the facts, u will be the first one to come back again over here and launch a campaign against him for that..!

Why do u need to create multiple threads for this or just find a way to blame Joe in any other thread? I have seen you doing it for a long time now... Don't you know that their is a ADMIN FEEDBACK button on every world? Let the people give their own feedback over there and BD staff will take care of it..!! May be u can use it too.. :-)

That's all i had to say...!! Joe, u are doing a great job and their are people who appreciate it too.. Now, please don't say it's "THRASH JOE WEEK" again :lol: :lol:


Cheers..!!


Slayer, I have had several instances where Joe did not respond within the 24 hour time frame.. That is why I have created this thread, and I believe quite some others share this same experience. Since I am not seeing this from other admins, and I have played on other admin's worlds, and I am not alone in thinking that Joe is considerably slower than the other admins, I do believe it is justified to create a thread asking whether it might be better to replace him by a more active admin.

As far as never banning a player without proof, did I mention anything about that? I do not say he is not a good admin as far as banning is concerned, simply that because he is not so active he is less good as an admin in total, as it takes longer for him to reply and react on cheater reports.

This is the first thread I have actually created about Joe specifically, as far as I can remember.

In short, if the general consensus is that admin Joe is a slower admin or a worse admin than some others on the team, I do not see why he is currently admin of 6 worlds where for example Simmen has only 5 while being more active and Ilona has 3 here on main and 3 on BP.

If not finding a replacement admin for Joe, I would at least say that it makes sense to give the more active admins more worlds to admin rather than having the most inactive admin handle 6 worlds.

That is not to say I don't believe a replacement admin should be fun for Joe, but simply another suggestion.

_________________
Image

Made by KazeToushin, thank you!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Discussion of an admin (Joe)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:42 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:45 pm
Posts: 302
Milanos wrote:
Slayer, I have had several instances where Joe did not respond within the 24 hour time frame.. That is why I have created this thread, and I believe quite some others share this same experience. Since I am not seeing this from other admins, and I have played on other admin's worlds, and I am not alone in thinking that Joe is considerably slower than the other admins, I do believe it is justified to create a thread asking whether it might be better to replace him by a more active admin.


Well, as Seth said that u could not back ur claims with a proof, but as i've said before and probably u can read to some responses in the thread, there are actually people who have no prob with Joe's response time and are happy with his performance too..!!

Quote:
As far as never banning a player without proof, did I mention anything about that?


So, u expect people to respond to what you say only? Well, if u can raise joe's weak points here, do not other people have the right to express his strong points too?? You can't have everything your way mate, and i never said u mentioned about it either...!!

Quote:
This is the first thread I have actually created about Joe specifically, as far as I can remember.


But this is not the first thread, where u have whined about the same old stuff, and i find nothing new in this thread which has not been mentioned or has been answered by the admins before...!

Quote:
In short, if the general consensus is that admin Joe is a slower admin or a worse admin than some others on the team, I do not see why he is currently admin of 6 worlds where for example Simmen has only 5 while being more active and Ilona has 3 here on main and 3 on BP.


This is by no mean General Consensus at all, a handful of people saying the same thing does not make it a GENERAL CONSENUS at all.. For an instance, most of the POB/REN players hate Joe coz they have been banned by him multiple times for cheating.. If they create a thread and ask for Joe's head it won't make it General Consenus...!! That's why i said there's a Feedback button in all the worlds.. you should use that..!

Quote:
If not finding a replacement admin for Joe, I would at least say that it makes sense to give the more active admins more worlds to admin rather than having the most inactive admin handle 6 worlds.


Does not make sense to me at all, if Joe is not gud enough (which you claim here), even one world will get affected..and if he is gud and active enough, he shud be able to take care of 6 worlds too...!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Discussion of an admin (Joe)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:20 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:13 pm
Posts: 1951
Quote:
Well, as Seth said that u could not back ur claims with a proof, but as i've said before and probably u can read to some responses in the thread, there are actually people who have no prob with Joe's response time and are happy with his performance too..!!


True, which in my opinion is good. If only people posted in here saying he was bad, it would be blamed on my calling in a troll team :D Of course not all experiences will be negative, however I do believe you will receive more negative experiences in a thread about Joe than about other admins.

Quote:
So, u expect people to respond to what you say only? Well, if u can raise joe's weak points here, do not other people have the right to express his strong points too?? You can't have everything your way mate, and i never said u mentioned about it either...!!


Uhm, since you are talking about me and saying "you", yes, I do assume it is a reply to me. But indeed, you should not only reply to what I say. Just seemed as if you were talking about me from you using "you" and "u".

Quote:
But this is not the first thread, where u have whined about the same old stuff, and i find nothing new in this thread which has not been mentioned or has been answered by the admins before...!


Of course not, I have mentioned him not being an admin before. This is however the first time I try and start a full discussion about it, as that was not allowed in the help desk. Furthermore I truly believe there is something new in this thread, since not everyone that has posted in here has said these things before. Seth did not mention that he was checking on Joe before, and a few users have posted saying stuff that they have not posted before. Neither did I post those screenies of our skype chat anywhere before.

Quote:
This is by no mean General Consensus at all, a handful of people saying the same thing does not make it a GENERAL CONSENUS at all.. For an instance, most of the POB/REN players hate Joe coz they have been banned by him multiple times for cheating.. If they create a thread and ask for Joe's head it won't make it General Consenus...!! That's why i said there's a Feedback button in all the worlds.. you should use that..!


I am not saying this is a general consensus yes, only that if that was the case I do not see why he is an admin of more worlds. Also you make a good point about the feedback button, it is impossible for me to see how the admins are doing on the user feedback ratings however this could be used as proof. The problem I have with the user feedback ratings is that if an admin hands out many bonuses, many (newbies) will give him or her high ratings because he/she is handing out res to them. However seeing as there are 2 ratings that are actually related to how an admin is doing, I'd indeed like to know if the ratings differ in any way :)

Quote:
Does not make sense to me at all, if Joe is not gud enough (which you claim here), even one world will get affected..and if he is gud and active enough, he shud be able to take care of 6 worlds too...!


How does it not make sense? If an admin has less time than others, he should have less worlds. If you spend an average of 1 hour per day on a world, and you only have 2 hours available per day, you should not have 6 worlds (theoritical example here). So there is indeed a difference between such an admin having 6 worlds or having 2 worlds.

_________________
Image

Made by KazeToushin, thank you!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Discussion of an admin (Joe)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:22 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:34 pm
Posts: 159
There has been so much problems with joe as an admin since i started playing i dont even know where to begin lol

i havent been playing for almost a year but iv been playing since new client began and i can honestly say that cheating and joe specifically were the reasons i quit, cuz frankly every single time i ever reported cheating to joe he NEVER checked into it he never looked at my screenshots or proof, he would just move onto the next msg and in most cases never even respond to me

now i understand that people have lives so they cant respond to msgs right away, i can get that but even when u do finally get around to it at least take the time to review it properly which joe has never done.

milano i was on ur team for awhile on that f6 server so i know exactly what ur saying wit that but that is just one of prolly 1000s of joes failings as an admin. im shocked that the bd staff would even allow someone to work here and ruin the game as long as he has.

this forum will never help tho so we are all wasting our times.. gl to u tho sen :D

_________________
Image
names:
Ma Chao
Kerss
Lu Bu
No One Leaves Alive
alliances:
Mars~ICE,SNOW,SoaP
E3~DGB,KnaW,Nam
F4~VVV,UgTB,BEAR
F6~SAGA,GanG,GOO


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl