I had more fun playing the old client. But I like the new client better.
The original version of an old movie is always the one you enjoyed most. Even though it isn't actually as good as the remake.
Those who are young enough to have seen the remake before they saw the original will enjoy the remake more.
That's just how it is.
Would I play the old client again if I had the chance? No.
I don't agree that it's not as good as the remake.
In my opinion these are the changes that have been made that I would keep since the oldest version of the NC:
- Select all squads
- Not having to re-open launch screen.
- Docked in camp/relic/colony icons
- When a player refreshes the client after a tick passes. It updates his last online tick as well to show 'online' if he's still connected to the client
- Alliance orders
- Relic coverage/jamming
- Temp banning has orange smoke
- Rollback several squads possible
- Squads return automatically from wreckages
- Can't worker boost over 1000 workers
- Preview of sat scan before placing it
- Nuking wreckage does not create an outpost
- Added in a battle calculator into the game, it can be accessed via the statistics page or from any battle report.
- When a nuke hits a target and you have squads that left 1 tick before it you now get an event stating that your squads were lowered to 1hp. This caused a lot of confusion when players didn't realize this and would end up losing a horrific battle due to this lack of information.
- Garrisons and power needed for crystals.
What I would change (rollback)
- First and foremost, conquer power should be brought back.
- Conquer income should be as high as it used to be. Everyone has heard the reasoning of newbs not getting conquered, well they still get conquered just as fast.
- Wreckage spawn rate, should be 1 per tick as it was.
- Building times, should be lower.
- No limit on amount of units in colony
- When you had 999 workers and you could gain 50, you would end up with 1049 instead of 1000. I prefer the 1049 version.
- Maximum delay, should be 55 as it was.
- Buildings needed to attack, please only metal mine level 3 for players with achievements.
- Power needed for OPs should be gone.
- I think.. Sadly.. Spies. I liked the older version of spies better.
- Not being able to trade boosted resources.
- Not being able to nuke relics. Just favors the big alliances.
Many might not agree with me, that's fine. I simply think this was the most fun version of BD I ever played, and the version that got me addicted. I also believe that what I am proposing, save the changes that I have listed that I would not rollback which have been mostly aesthetic changes, was the version where BD had the most players. That's gotta be saying something.
Anyway this is just my 2 cents, I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about it.