It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: We need to talk about kevin. Er.... the forum.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:20 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

YesNoMaybe wrote:
I'm particularly interested in this "karma" system I've heard about. Why was this removed?

It was just never built in to the new forum. And everyone was to busy complaining about how bad the client was at that time to even notice that it wasn't there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:42 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Wolowitz wrote:
As I understand it; the only significant change that occurred was the reset of spam.

YesNoMaybe wrote:
I'm particularly interested in this "karma" system I've heard about. Why was this removed?

Not entirely sure.

and the two suggestion board rules updates. One was to remove the rules (about no no-boosting worlds, no new OPs or units,... suggestions) and second was to re-implement the revised vote system.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:59 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Censorship... well, I do believe some jokes only work with the shhh it, but also as Ilona said, you can always just overpass the filter with an ! or something, and if it's a good joke you probably won't get even a warning. And although I must admit, the PG-13 of now is a joke - I heard my 3-year-old neighbor calling her mom a bitsh. Of course, over the street, so she screamed it out loud for the entire neighborhood to hear it. It's not like kids don't hear that kinda words nowadays. Still, not all of us live in such an environment, and those who say that everyone in America has, remember this isn't an American-exclusive game. SO I whole-heartedly agree with Ilona, that maybe some words could be deleted from the filter list, but not all of them.

And I voted Hell Yea on Kenny's 3rd idea, I think it passed with 37 votes to 0, or maybe 1 (musta been that darned Aister >.> jk) as the forums need something, SOMETHING so people start posting regularly on them again. What the hell happened to the argument battles on the War and Diplomacy section? All I see is the leader of this 1 alliance say something, the other contradicts it, then a 3rd guy comes in and tells them to "speak with their armies". What's up with that? Where are the arguments! Where is the excessive love for BD that makes you LIIIIVE it? Live it so much that you forget about RL and hate the guts out of the ones whooping your ass? I miss that, a lot. I know I've done what I said was wrong here, but I now believe in speaking with both my army and my God-given mouth! And whoever doesnt believe in God, CONTRADICT ME!!! I DARE YA!!! DOUBLE DARE YA!!! BRING IT!!! YAARH!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:41 am 
Major
Major

swearing makes you seem agressive...

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:24 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

socialmisfit1 wrote:

This is not a bad thing. Its a war game, if people weren't aggressive about it it would be intolerably boring.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:43 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The so-called "bad words" have lost their meaning. Nowadays, they don't mean an insult, just an enhanced feeling. And also...
ARF wrote:
socialmisfit1 wrote:

This is not a bad thing. Its a war game, if people weren't aggressive about it it would be intolerably boring.

^ This.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:51 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

And they say spam is supposed to be funny. There are so many images we can't put up and so many things we can't say because of the censoring.

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:02 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

u don't need to swear to be funny.

yes swearing doesn't always mean as an insult. However, as I said, we have to see this as the parents point of view. Wat do u think when u see ur 13 yrs old kid go on and swear and use all those bad words in a daily basis?

Why do u think games and websites has age rating at all? Why ESRB rating has the age PLUS the content (violence, languages, etc.)? It's for the parents who will buy the game, to have a quick look and decide if their kids can play that game. And tbh, a PG-13, no swearing game will make it easier for the parents to let their kids play the game.

Plus, some people will feel insulted even if they are not in the receiving ends. And wat do u think will happen? They will press the report button and the mods have to get to it and decide if it's ok or not, or in worse case, they will quit the forum, or the game.

Think about it, people do leave becuz ppl are swearing, but no one leave becuz no one is swearing.

I repeat, PG-13 means censoring, and removing the censoring means removing PG-13. And that means I'll spam the forum with disturbing naked anime girls (u know wat I mean) until u guys put the censorship back.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:04 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Quote:
u don't need to swear to be funny.

It sure does help though.

Quote:
Wat do u think when u see ur 13 yrs old kid go on and swear and use all those bad words in a daily basis?

Once again, everyone swears. 13 year olds aren't exempt from that. Trust me.

Quote:
It's for the parents who will buy the game, to have a quick look and decide if their kids can play that game.

You do realize that if kids stopped buying games like CoD for some unknown reason, then the video game makers and manufacturers would go out of business, right? For the parents that do that, great. I commend them. But most don't. I don't know anyone that hasn't played CoD at one point or another.

Quote:
And tbh, a PG-13, no swearing game will make it easier for the parents to let their kids play the game.

You act like it's written in huge letters on the homepage. It's not publicized in any way. Which just raises further questions.

Quote:
Plus, some people will feel insulted even if they are not in the receiving ends. And wat do u think will happen? They will press the report button and the mods have to get to it and decide if it's ok or not, or in worse case, they will quit the forum, or the game.

I highly doubt people would be offended by swearing, especially if they're not on the receiving end of it. Look at this thread. There are 3 people in favor of censorship. And everyone else is opposed. Majority rules.

Quote:
Think about it, people do leave becuz ppl are swearing, but no one leave becuz no one is swearing.

Valid point. But the amount of people that would potentially leave is so little that it doesn't even matter.

Quote:
I repeat, PG-13 means censoring, and removing the censoring means removing PG-13. And that means I'll spam the forum with disturbing naked anime girls (u know wat I mean) until u guys put the censorship back.

You're missing the point entirely. I was talking about swearing. And the PG 13 status is meaningless because if you don't go on the forum, you don't know about it. You see the pattern?

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:32 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

aister wrote:

yes swearing doesn't always mean as an insult. However, as I said, we have to see this as the parents point of view. Wat do u think when u see ur 13 yrs old kid go on and swear and use all those bad words in a daily basis?

Why do u think games and websites has age rating at all? Why ESRB rating has the age PLUS the content (violence, languages, etc.)? It's for the parents who will buy the game, to have a quick look and decide if their kids can play that game. And tbh, a PG-13, no swearing game will make it easier for the parents to let their kids play the game.

I just can't believe this is an issue. There is profanity EVERYWHERE on the internet. If parents are that uptight about their kids seeing the word "(Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)" then they aren't allowed on the computer. No one has the time or energy to read a forum of a game that their kids play and scan each page for F-words, thats crazy talk and I would really like to see some examples of this being an issue.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next