It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: We need to talk about kevin. Er.... the forum.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:54 am 
Major
Major

aister wrote:
I personally don't have problems with light-case cussing. However if we're to allow cussing and such, flame war would happen alot. That will gotta be very bad and ruin the forum.

Not to mention, parents let their children play the game cuz this is PG-13 marked. If we remove censorship, we have to take PG-13 out of the game and that will make lots of players not allowed to play by the parents. I know ppl play games much worse than this but that's not wat the parents think.

Out of all the people on my list I thought I would hear that from, Aister was at the bottom of the list. Annnyyywaayys I partially agree with this, but it should be moderated not outlawed some cussing is okay in PG-13 movies anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:31 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Do you really have no way to express wat u want to tell other than cussing? True, at first I had troubles with the PG-13. However I understand it completely why we are having a PG-13 and the importance of keeping it.

I swear, the moment censorship is taken out of this forum, PG-13 would have to be removed, and without PG-13, I'll post tons of "Japanese PG-13" anime girls everyday and force u guys to put PG-13 back.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:41 am 
Major
Major

aister wrote:
Do you really have no way to express wat u want to tell other than cussing? True, at first I had troubles with the PG-13. However I understand it completely why we are having a PG-13 and the importance of keeping it.

I swear, the moment censorship is taken out of this forum, PG-13 would have to be removed, and without PG-13, I'll post tons of "Japanese PG-13" anime girls everyday and force u guys to put PG-13 back.

I don't make the decision I just think that the community is grown up enough to handle the 'S' (Sh word, that ends with a T... I thought I should clarify) and a few others, it just needs to be monitored. ofc, the F-Bomb wouldn't be aloud etc.

I don't think it should be as PG as it is now, I think 13 yr olds would have no problem taking in all thats on this forum, and then some.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:58 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

The point isn't getting your point across with swearing. The point is getting your point across more effectively with swearing. Flame wars are just heated arguments. How is that a bad thing for a forum? A post is a post, activity is activity.

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:20 am 
Major
Major

I got a message once:

and the moral of the story is what he said in the message

free tokens!

-Baz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:27 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Lol. Almost every kid in America has CoD, halo, Assassins creed, etc. and Xbox live or PSN. And everyone has internet and access to... certain things. I think if they had common sense, parents would worry about that and not a forum for an online game. Just saying.

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:06 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

do the parents think like that?

no, in the eyes of the parents, we are good angelic kids, even a swearing allowed community would be shunned, if not disallow their kids to go there.

While CoD, and all other games online can't be monitored by the parents, the forum can. Some overprotective parents will check ur history to see wat kind of sites did u go to. And if they see a cussing-allowed forum, it would appear immediately in the ban list.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:15 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Really. They can't be monitored. Who buys the games Aister?

And if they cared that much, that they would look over their shoulder while they were playing the game and check their history, why would they let them play a war game with nukes and units?

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:24 pm 
Captain
Captain

Personally i just wanna be able to say "B!tch Please" and "Get that b1tch a ____ B1tches love ____"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm 
Private
Private

I agree with both sides here. Trust me when I say, I swear. Alot. If you saw my Skype group chats, you'd cry. Especially the ones with Avi. Dear Lord.

Anyway

I know where Aister is coming from. Younger kids parents let them play this game, and some do monitor what they're child is doing on the internet, true. Aister, Let me guess, you have overprotective parents, don't ya? xD

But they DO swear in PG-13. But not every single word is a swear. If someone slips every once and awhile and says/types it without thinking, I mean, it happens.

As for the debate and flame wars, I'm with Dylan on this one. People argue. #whowouldathought? But I'm also with Jake in that blatant rudeness or flaming should be monitored.

The forums should be shrunk too, I think The forums are all dead except for spam, and that doesn't even count in my opinion. This forum needs a drastic change. And one soon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next