It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: IRA,ETA,FARC,Al Queada,Hamas-Terrorists or Freedom fighters?
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:31 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

h and vault yeah they do its just that ever since vietnam they have gotten better at censorship and so it isnt exactly broadcasted on ordinary western tv lol

Thanks for the Sig Dawnice ;}~

Wins on this account:F4 Era 16 (Led JFF and finished Rank 1)

Allies ATM:none ;{~

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:26 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Just a question: does the US openly attack and target civilians?

They do yes.

I was listening to a US soldier speak about his Iraq tour. Seems his commanders told him, that if they are in a public place, and even if one fires at them, they should kill everyone. Men,women and children. Thats terror.

Did you not see the Apache helicopters shooting down Civilians? Thats terror too.

There. Dont believe the soldiers in the video, those were unarmed reuters reporters that they shot. Even from the video you can see the people are not armed, not sure how they said that the guy has an rpg. Must have been some trigger happy dude in the helicopter.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:54 am 
Captain
Captain

vaultdweller101 wrote:
Just a question: does the US openly attack and target civilians?

yes. for example, the japanese firebombing of population centres would be considered terrorism even if some of the bombs did hit military spots. the primary target of those bombs was to simply weaken the japanese people.

also, the CIA helping juntas with weapons etc is considered terrorism. they trained the taliban in the ways of insurgency.

but the US actions are not terrorism, its just subversion or warfare because they are a state entity.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:07 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Was watching american dad and just have one name to say Ollie North!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:55 pm 
Private 1st class
Private 1st class

One the difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist is thier targets.
Freedom fighters should go out of their way to not attack non-combanants. While terrorist at best wouldn't care, and at worse go out of their way to do so.

As for Americans going around shooting anybody they see, that wouldn't happen.Not because we are morally pure, but because we need to win the hearts and mind of both the people there and stateside. we learned from the sixtys, that going killing non-combanants is not the way to win against insurgents. you need the support of regular people walking on the street.

I watch the gun cam footage,I will ask where and when was this footage taken. By that I mean what year, and was it Iraq or afghanistan? this could help me to find why this chopter crew would do what they did, and what were the ROE(rules of engagement) at that time. Also this was neither one hell mis-understanding, or the chopter pilots did this on their on, and got permission from your HQ by lying. I not defending what they, but rather to point out this was a personnel decision by a soldier to do crime that they should be punish for. footage also didn't tell us what happen to the crew. so maybe they were trial. the military is great that ushing that sort of stuff up.

As for taking the kids to a local hostipable rather then america one, we don't the reasoning behind that one either. Maybe Military hostipable was handing a bunch of wounded american soldiers, or they didn't want it to like we were trying to shut the kids up be taking them to our hostipable rather then theirs.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:49 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

There are no rules of engagement in Iraq or Afghanistan. The only rule is - If it looks like the enemy, shoot. Secondly, its nonsensical to think that you are gonna win the hearts and minds of the people AFTER bombing their whole country to (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..). And no, they do shoot indiscriminately. There have been tons of cases where these soldiers went out of their way to kill civilians.

As for the video, that is the famous Baghdad 2007 airstrike video released by Wikileaks.For which Bradley Manning got arrested. There are tons like it. There is one where a civilian stops his car, gets out and puts his hand up to surrender, and they still shoot him.

There was another case when these soldiers shot some guy, and pulled his brains out with their bare hands. I have even put up that video here in one of the sections. There are tons of American soldiers that have come back and opposed the war.

So yes atrocities happen. But since the US army is a recognized military force of a recognized and stable nation, I wouldnt consider it a terrorist force. Though the tactics can be seen to amount to terrorism.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:36 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Every rebel in history has been labelled a terrorist as they threaten the current establishment. The IRA were and are considered terrorists yet the british government along with the american government negotiated with them and made agreements yet they "wont negotiate with terrorists" as for Iraq it IS about the oil. Remember a while ago there were news reports about General Kudy using child soldiers in Uganda and all the horrible things he did??That was exactly a day after one of the largest oil reserves in history (equal to or greater than saudi arabias) was found where??UGANDA!! lol. The west were looking for an excuse to move in even though the Ugandan troubles have been going on for decades as in every african nation (Thanks to certain funded dictators and I believe Uganda was mugabi and he was funded/installed by britan) I am not saying General Kudy is a saint as he is a horrible man but the governments of the non-neutral west have created these monsters and then cast them aside when theres profit (we all know whos guns the talibans usin haha) The Establishment for lack of a better word will call anything it wants anything and fudge the paperwork to look like it, thats why we have Terrorists and Rebels. All a viewpoint ;}~

Thanks for savin the topic btw love a good debate about rebellions xD

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2