It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:12 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 797
Gender: male
excuse my absense, my mozilla firefox doesnt allow my to access BD forums for some unknown strage reason. GOOGLE CHROME FTW.

i betcha i can run circles around you with your own bible :3

bork9128 wrote:
sylis wrote:
I miscarried because god had a plan, which involved me having a physical disorder in my uterus

if you talk to a woman who wanted the baby and miscarried even if they are christian they wont say anything like that

but unfortunately, it is written that god has a plan, and part of his plan requires suffering, as his plan requires sin in order to have redemption from sin. such suffering is gods will in a sense. god carrys out natural abortions aka. miscarriages.

god probably doesn't have a plan for each person bad things happen in life because of satan's influence on the world and also to test us to see if we are worthy of entry into heaven its like the story of job

dont blame satans influence, also mentioned in the story of job is how god still has satan on a leash, satan is still under the control of god. satans influence on the world is TO PLANT FOSSILZ AND TEST YOUR FATIH :O
if you actually look at the story of job, god puts him through quite an amount of strain and hardship. while i dont support the validity of the bible as a rational source, i hope you acknowledge that sometimes, the god portrayed is a bit of a bully. sure, showing the world Job can withstand "Light Bringer" over there may be nice, but as shown in 2 Kings 2:23-25 (i memorized the passage location :3 favorite bible passage) god is quite vindicative and it is usually his doing and not satans.


to those who dont believe in god thats your choice but if you were to stop telling yourself he doesn't exist and look around you will eventually see things that might change your mind because up till last year i didn't believe in god i was raised in a christian family and my mom always told me god saved me for a reason but i never really believed though but then last year it all just hit me

well done, when i was 8 i was scare mongered into believing when told the concept of hell, i matured out of it shortly after (within a year). christianity has surrounded me during childhood, but its influence hasnt rubbed off and made me all dogmatic.

i am not asking you to read the bible or goto church i just want you to give god a chance to show you hes there

just a heads up, any atheists you meet who have an adequate knowledge of the bible USED to be believers USED to be good little christians and USED to read and book. i would say confidently that 80% of atheists who have a good knowledge of the bible were once christian. many people have given him a chance. many realise the errors be them deep or superficial.


Praetor Fenix wrote:
Jason just give it time dispite what others might say he does have a plan for you all u have to do is be patient and let him take care of things just relax and trust him

thats what i did, now im a pastafarian

im quite a devout supporter of the flying spaghetti monster
ive participated in various activities :3

May you be touched by his noodly appendage
RAmen

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:56 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 148
Location: Aiur
Gender: male
I have heard of that its the most hilarious thing i have ever seen

_________________
Leader of DARK (E2, M2, and F2)
Guess I have a thing for 2's?


Image
Thanks for teh siggy Rotag


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:50 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 797
Gender: male
Praetor Fenix wrote:
I have heard of that its the most hilarious thing i have ever seen

please dont discriminate against my faith.

it is a very serious matter, peoples eternal souls are at stake here, they can go to heaven with beer volcanoes and stripper factories or they might shun the FSM and go to hell where its the same but the beer is warm and the strippers have STIs

choose wisely.

May you be touched by His noodly appendage
RAmen

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:55 pm 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:38 pm
Posts: 71
Gender: male
Psalms 14:1

The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

Non-believers will tell you not to judge others,
-----But they will judge you, from the moment you say your a Christian


They say they need proof to believe in God
-----Yet there is no proof for the Big Bang, So They choose to put Their FAITH In the Magic of a self creating Big Bang


Non-believers say the Bible is man made, so it is unreliable
----- Yet every Theory they quote is man made, and they and they not only want you to believe its reliable. But they try their best to present their Theories as facts. When they are not a Theory is NOT a fact


They get offended if you share your beliefs
----- Yet they Love to Preach why they don't believe in God


They Love to insult Christianity
-----But if you point out the flaw of another religion your a close minded Bigot

My beliefs are my own.

_________________
Regards,
Brandon

E4: Brandon of UGA (probably not for long. I dislike 1 tick worlds)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:15 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 797
Gender: male
WARNING. the following user is about to get eaten by ducky. if you do not like ducklings consuming humans, please look away now.
TheKidd wrote:
Psalms 14:1

The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

Non-believers will tell you not to judge others,
-----But they will judge you, from the moment you say your a Christian

You know, the same goes likewise, there is a reason why i will avoid the bible belt. one, anything i do will offend them, two, they are better armed then most military forces around the world.

They say they need proof to believe in God
-----Yet there is no proof for the Big Bang, So They choose to put Their FAITH In the Magic of a self creating Big Bang

you have no idea what the big bang was? please research it, faceplant, then return here saying that the big bang is still compatible with your dogma.
1. there is proof for the big bang, using red and blue shift, you can find that the universe is expanding, has been expanding and will continue to expand for a while yet.
2. using the time space relativity, you can look up to 12 billion years into the past at objects a couple million light years away, if you dont understand this concept dont criticize it as you show nothing but contempt and ignorance.
3. the universe began as a singularity before its rapid expansion, when in the state of a singularity there was no time, in a sense, this universe is timeless. hence, rational people who are aligned with a religion note that science and religion can exist in harmony, only ignorance and blatant stupidity is mutually exclusive to science.


Non-believers say the Bible is man made, so it is unreliable
----- Yet every Theory they quote is man made, and they and they not only want you to believe its reliable. But they try their best to present their Theories as facts. When they are not a Theory is NOT a fact

a theory explains a bunch of facts.
ie. matter seems to be able to be cut down very small
matter can have a charge.
matter has mass.
matters properties correlate closely according to its charge and properties associated with it.
so then there was ATOMIC THEORY
first proposed by the greeks that the world was made up of tiny "particles" its where the word atom came from.
then over the time of several hundred years, it was refined and corrected from the plum pudding model to various models that dont include quantam physics to the model we see today. AND YES. theory is not a fact. but theory explains all facts known about it up to today. it is the most up to date, concise and in a sense, perfect way to study and learn. i am positive, as science progresses that we will learn enough to know that the current form of atomic theory or germ theory or big bang theory or evolutionary theory is wrong and must either be adjusted or scrapped. to scrap a theory that has stood the test of time for a couple hundred years requires some EXTREMELY compelling evidence.
can you learn science?

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html
http://www.evilbible.com/Biblical%20Contradictions.htm
i get offended when people legitimately believe they have the right to halt progress, the right to halt science, the right to halt humanity because of some book.

They get offended if you share your beliefs
----- Yet they Love to Preach why they don't believe in God

i would put money on 50% of atheists being former christians. one of the most compelling pieces of evidence against said religion is the bible itself. NO ATHEIST acts like a jehovahs witness and knocks on someones door early in the morning. NO ATHEIST has killed in the name of some deity. NO ATHEIST has tried to impede upon others freedoms in order to maintain their view of the world (abortion, homosexual marriage, inquisition). NO ATHEIST scaremongers (them rapture people, forgot the denomination). atheists comprise of less then 20% of the earth's population. if you go on yahoo answers, many people query as to why someone would turn to atheism instead of christianity.
Theism preaches
Atheism teaches


They Love to insult Christianity
-----But if you point out the flaw of another religion your a close minded Bigot

no... if you start calling muslims as monsters i would call you a close minded bigot. if you start calling another religion's beliefs irrational and ungrounded i would call you a hypocrite. if you go around claiming other religions are wrong because you are holding a bible, i would call you a close minded bigot.
let us compare some stories from various beliefs. if you dont know them (especially the islamic one, 2nd largest religion) then you are clearly close minded and only look at christianity in a good light
1. once a year a superman who lives at the north pole makes his elves work over time so he can travel around the world and deliver presents. he does this with magic and timelessness
2. Yeshua was betrayed by one of his 12 male friends, he was then crucified and stored into a cave. when he died he went to hell and told satan to GTFO before a rendezvous with his male friends to tell them the awesome then disappearing into the light sky forever.
3. a man rode on a one winged horse through jereusalem to the seven layers of heaven then came back to earth to tell about the stories of his adventure with the angels.
4. one day, the god bumba had a tummy ache, he vomited up the stars, the sun, the moon, the earth and people. he taught man how to make fire then left forever.

connect the stories.
Bushongo, Santa, islam, christianity.
how close minded are you?
have you contemplated other religions? have you looked at various beliefs?
dont you worry, i know a bigot when i see one. i have no gripe with christianity. but many christians i dont particularly get along with. esp. the ignorant ones. who are proud they are ignorant and tout their ignorance as faith.


My beliefs are my own.


nom nom nom nom nom
oh and my favourite bible passage is 2 kings 2:23-25 :D i love it!

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:10 am 
Corporal
Corporal
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:38 pm
Posts: 71
Gender: male
mrducky wrote:
WARNING. the following user is about to get eaten by ducky. if you do not like ducklings consuming humans, please look away now.
TheKidd wrote:
Psalms 14:1

The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

Non-believers will tell you not to judge others,
-----But they will judge you, from the moment you say your a Christian

You know, the same goes likewise, there is a reason why i will avoid the bible belt. one, anything i do will offend them, two, they are better armed then most military forces around the world.

Nothing you've said has offended me. We're having a discussion so I'm taking in your point of view.

They say they need proof to believe in God
-----Yet there is no proof for the Big Bang, So They choose to put Their FAITH In the Magic of a self creating Big Bang

you have no idea what the big bang was? please research it, faceplant, then return here saying that the big bang is still compatible with your dogma.
1. there is proof for the big bang, using red and blue shift, you can find that the universe is expanding, has been expanding and will continue to expand for a while yet.
2. using the time space relativity, you can look up to 12 billion years into the past at objects a couple million light years away, if you dont understand this concept dont criticize it as you show nothing but contempt and ignorance.
3. the universe began as a singularity before its rapid expansion, when in the state of a singularity there was no time, in a sense, this universe is timeless. hence, rational people who are aligned with a religion note that science and religion can exist in harmony, only ignorance and blatant stupidity is mutually exclusive to science.


There's is proof of God to, it's all around us. Big Bang is a Theory. In 7 of the deffinitions of theory I know, none of them say that it means something is absolute.

Non-believers say the Bible is man made, so it is unreliable
----- Yet every Theory they quote is man made, and they and they not only want you to believe its reliable. But they try their best to present their Theories as facts. When they are not a Theory is NOT a fact

a theory explains a bunch of facts.
ie. matter seems to be able to be cut down very small
matter can have a charge.
matter has mass.
matters properties correlate closely according to its charge and properties associated with it.
so then there was ATOMIC THEORY
first proposed by the greeks that the world was made up of tiny "particles" its where the word atom came from.
then over the time of several hundred years, it was refined and corrected from the plum pudding model to various models that dont include quantam physics to the model we see today. AND YES. theory is not a fact. but theory explains all facts known about it up to today. it is the most up to date, concise and in a sense, perfect way to study and learn. i am positive, as science progresses that we will learn enough to know that the current form of atomic theory or germ theory or big bang theory or evolutionary theory is wrong and must either be adjusted or scrapped. to scrap a theory that has stood the test of time for a couple hundred years requires some EXTREMELY compelling evidence.
can you learn science?

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html
http://www.evilbible.com/Biblical%20Contradictions.htm
i get offended when people legitimately believe they have the right to halt progress, the right to halt science, the right to halt humanity because of some book.

I'm all for change, and evolution. No one has the right to stop progress, and I'm no one believes they do. They're trying to support something they believe in, doesn't mean that something like Stem Cell research is all of a sudden going to stop.

They get offended if you share your beliefs
----- Yet they Love to Preach why they don't believe in God

i would put money on 50% of atheists being former christians. one of the most compelling pieces of evidence against said religion is the bible itself. NO ATHEIST acts like a jehovahs witness and knocks on someones door early in the morning. NO ATHEIST has killed in the name of some deity. NO ATHEIST has tried to impede upon others freedoms in order to maintain their view of the world (abortion, homosexual marriage, inquisition). NO ATHEIST scaremongers (them rapture people, forgot the denomination). atheists comprise of less then 20% of the earth's population. if you go on yahoo answers, many people query as to why someone would turn to atheism instead of christianity.
Theism preaches
Atheism teaches


I say slam the door in there face if someone comes to your door preaching, and you've heard it all before. If you don't want to be christian, you don't want to be christian. They're not impeding on anyones freedoms, they're exercising there rights. Expressing how they feel on the subject. When has someone christian killed in the name of there deity?

They Love to insult Christianity
-----But if you point out the flaw of another religion your a close minded Bigot

no... if you start calling muslims as monsters i would call you a close minded bigot. if you start calling another religion's beliefs irrational and ungrounded i would call you a hypocrite. if you go around claiming other religions are wrong because you are holding a bible, i would call you a close minded bigot.
let us compare some stories from various beliefs. if you dont know them (especially the islamic one, 2nd largest religion) then you are clearly close minded and only look at christianity in a good light
1. once a year a superman who lives at the north pole makes his elves work over time so he can travel around the world and deliver presents. he does this with magic and timelessness
2. Yeshua was betrayed by one of his 12 male friends, he was then crucified and stored into a cave. when he died he went to hell and told satan to GTFO before a rendezvous with his male friends to tell them the awesome then disappearing into the light sky forever.
3. a man rode on a one winged horse through jereusalem to the seven layers of heaven then came back to earth to tell about the stories of his adventure with the angels.
4. one day, the god bumba had a tummy ache, he vomited up the stars, the sun, the moon, the earth and people. he taught man how to make fire then left forever.

connect the stories.
Bushongo, Santa, islam, christianity.
how close minded are you?
have you contemplated other religions? have you looked at various beliefs?
dont you worry, i know a bigot when i see one. i have no gripe with christianity. but many christians i dont particularly get along with. esp. the ignorant ones. who are proud they are ignorant and tout their ignorance as faith.


I honestly messed up the wording here, so everything you've said is true.

My beliefs are my own.


nom nom nom nom nom
oh and my favourite bible passage is 2 kings 2:23-25 :D i love it!

_________________
Regards,
Brandon

E4: Brandon of UGA (probably not for long. I dislike 1 tick worlds)


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:48 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 797
Gender: male
Quote:
There's is proof of God to, it's all around us. Big Bang is a Theory. In 7 of the deffinitions of theory I know, none of them say that it means something is absolute.

how is that proof? the same could be said for the flying spaghetti monster of which i am a devout Pastafarian.
the whole point of a theory is that it is flexible. Big Bang has stood for 50 years almost unchallenged. tweaked somewhat as quantam physics expands its field. but i doubt anything in our lifetime can throw it over other then time travel :D

Quote:
I'm all for change, and evolution. No one has the right to stop progress, and I'm no one believes they do. They're trying to support something they believe in, doesn't mean that something like Stem Cell research is all of a sudden going to stop.

then you should know to treat theories like fact, when there are conflicting facts, one isnt a fact. either evidence doesnt fit or theory doesnt fit. either way, god bound creationism wont be taking its place unless the rapture or something happens... rapture isnt mentioned anywhere or even once in the bible.

Quote:
When has someone christian killed in the name of there deity?

crusades - convert or die
inquisition - convert or die
witch hunt - god commanded us (i forgot what it was but the line is "Thou shalt not let a witch to live" or something like that) you know, setting women on fire in the name of god in order to fight off satan's forces.
in the bible explicitly, look what happened to sodom and gomorrah. look how david killed goliath not just for the people but with gods command. not to mention elijiah and elisha and their happenings.

Quote:
I honestly messed up the wording here, so everything you've said is true.

do you know the islamic stories?
they arent in your bible, but do you know them? an illiterate man claims to hear voices, sometimes it begins suddenly with no warning sometimes with a ringing in the ears, one day, he sees an angel, the angel and him begin polite conversation and talk and stuff and one day the angel invites him to heaven so onto the back of a one winged horse to jerusalem. once there the horse ascends through all 7 tiers of heaven, the man converses with people there before returning back to earth and back home. he recounts the buildings of jerusalem accurately although never been there. the man is mohammad, the prophet of allah. jesus is also a prohet so you should take a look at it to see a different take on Yeshua's supposed connection to god

i still think the bushongo creationism is the coolest :D we are all god vomit!

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:32 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 127
Gender: male
Well I had a long, well thought out, and linked post. However the forum in its infinite glory logged me out when I d/c. Also in its infinite glory whenever I log back in It brings me back to the main page. My entire post lost I leave you with this.

Image


Like a Boss!


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:34 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:07 am
Posts: 2024
Location: TC ,Michigan
Gender: male
mr ducky the one thing i want to bring to your attention is the no atheist has killed someone in the name of god which is in all likely hood true christians have killed people in the name of god but using it to say christianity is wrong or bad is like saying america is bad because we kill each other for things such as money or power you cant use the mistakes of few to determine to the whole

_________________
Image

Thanks for the sig Rotag
Gate of Babylon
BD Mentor
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2
Anime/Manga FTW


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:48 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 127
Gender: male
I agree, he is somewhat generalizing. However killing for religion is a thing of the past. Most christians are passively christians. They actually believe in science. They dont believe moses parted the water, or spoke to a burning bush. Its simply a passive belief that rests in the back of their head, from a sunday school long ago. Indoctrination keeps the belief in but the natural human brain growth prevents actual belief.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl