It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:31 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 127
Gender: male
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Weak.



The religious always say they have faith a higher being exist. I disagree. I think the religious HOPE a higher being exists. With a higher being they can take away some of the responsibility in their lives. "I miscarried because god had a plan, which involved me having a physical disorder in my uterus."

I don't blame them, the world is down right scary when we realize that everything we know, love, fear, hate is just a sequence of chemical reactions. Its the ultimate chaos.


If the only reason you believe in something is because there's no way to disprove it, you should definitely get a hobby for sunday morning rather than wasting it in a building with old people who gossip behind your backs and pinch your kids on the face. If your catholic pray your son doesn't become an altar boy.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:37 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4747
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
Religion is simply a set of moral guidelines for one to follow. I am very religious, and do I believe in God? Of course I do. But is he real? I HOPE that he is.

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:14 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:36 pm
Posts: 127
Gender: male
:lol:

apollo.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:17 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4747
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
Sylis wrote:
:lol:

apollo.



??

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:01 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:47 am
Posts: 456
Location: Oregon
Gender: male
apollo wrote:
Religion is simply a set of moral guidelines for one to follow. I am very religious, and do I believe in God? Of course I do. But is he real? I HOPE that he is.

Yes, that is exactly what religion is, along with explanations for why things happen that we do not understand.

But the thing is that now we are able to understand many of the things we did not know, how earth was made, how organisms evolve, etc.

And do I believe in god? No, not any more.
I was raised Catholic but when I was old enough to actually think I realized that people have been making up new religions all the time, we have thousands of religions, and which one is the correct one?
Many people are brainwashed into believing in god. When I ask most people why they believe in god they simply say that I am wrong and that god exists. Is that a good argument? No. I can come up with many arguments for why god does not exist.
1. People have been creating religions since humans became intelligent.
2. Many religious stories are completely made up, aka they could not physically happen by what we know today.
3. When people die and then get revived how come they did not go to hell/heaven/wherever they go when they die?
4. There are many religions that are completely different than other ones.
5. There is no proof for god's existence other than our hopes.

_________________
Image
Best Rank: 2 Most Crystals: 341 Total Relics: 4 Most Power: 394 Rounds won: 4
Unky's Oil Fairy


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:35 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 148
Location: Aiur
Gender: male
If i may post my thoughts i would like to say that personally i believe in god (Baptist) and in a way i think god allows us too believe that he shouldn't and leaves us no proof just to test us too see who truly does and doesn't believe.Though i know there isnt proof you have to realize that he is god and if he doesn't want proof then poof there is no proof. Yall can believe what you want but hey if there is a god ,and i believe ther is, then im goin to heaven and if there isnt then there isn't

_________________
Leader of DARK (E2, M2, and F2)
Guess I have a thing for 2's?


Image
Thanks for teh siggy Rotag


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:55 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:07 am
Posts: 2024
Location: TC ,Michigan
Gender: male
sylis wrote:
I miscarried because god had a plan, which involved me having a physical disorder in my uterus


if you talk to a woman who wanted the baby and miscarried even if they are christian they wont say anything like that

god probably doesn't have a plan for each person bad things happen in life because of satan's influence on the world and also to test us to see if we are worthy of entry into heaven its like the story of job

to those who dont believe in god thats your choice but if you were to stop telling yourself he doesn't exist and look around you will eventually see things that might change your mind because up till last year i didn't believe in god i was raised in a christian family and my mom always told me god saved me for a reason but i never really believed though but then last year it all just hit me

i am not asking you to read the bible or goto church i just want you to give god a chance to show you hes there

_________________
Image

Thanks for the sig Rotag
Gate of Babylon
BD Mentor
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2
Anime/Manga FTW


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:27 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:47 am
Posts: 456
Location: Oregon
Gender: male
I have given him a chance for 15 years, and have gone to church at least once a month, more like once a week for 5 years. I was even an alter boy for 5 years and I am doing my confirmation.
But I guess it just doesn't work out for some people.

_________________
Image
Best Rank: 2 Most Crystals: 341 Total Relics: 4 Most Power: 394 Rounds won: 4
Unky's Oil Fairy


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:21 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
User avatar
 YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:07 am
Posts: 2024
Location: TC ,Michigan
Gender: male
i never said he'd be quick but be patient i didn't believe until i went through confiration

_________________
Image

Thanks for the sig Rotag
Gate of Babylon
BD Mentor
Top rank 18
Top alliance rank 2
Anime/Manga FTW


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Real or just Mythology? (Religion)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:28 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:16 pm
Posts: 148
Location: Aiur
Gender: male
Jason just give it time dispite what others might say he does have a plan for you all u have to do is be patient and let him take care of things just relax and trust him

_________________
Leader of DARK (E2, M2, and F2)
Guess I have a thing for 2's?


Image
Thanks for teh siggy Rotag


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
WarLingo Android Mobile Game

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl