It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Abortion: Yay or nay?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:08 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Such cases of extreme poverty are incredibly saddening, but they are necessary to show the world just what we can, and are falling into, for not caring enough.

So you wanna inflict suffering, just to make a point? To who? If you see poverty, we can work to solve it. But adding more and more poor people does not improve your cause. It makes it worse.

And give the baby a chance at what? Suffering? Thats ridiculous.

Look we are digressing. The debate at hand is whether abortion is right or wrong. No one is bending any values by being responsible enough and saying, I dont want to have a baby because I cant take care of it. It is infact the wise and the right thing to do.

Cases of poverty are one thing. What about those cases where a woman does not wanna go through pregnancy or wanna have a kid, but gets pregnant accidentally? You are not the one going through all the pain, suffering and discomfort. So you really cannot speak for women. If they dont want to have the baby they can get it aborted. If they are not in a financial position to support the kid, they can get it aborted. They can obviously have the kid and put it up for adoption, but some of them may not wanna do that. They might wanna keep the kid because its their baby, but at the same time not be able to. So in such cases abortion is a good option as well.

So saying, they suffer but atleast they are alive, is torturing them. Thats more inhuman, bending human values or whatever you wanna call it, than aborting the baby.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:28 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

So, is abortion good for the kid to not suffer, or so the mother doesnt have to pay for her mistake of not being careful when to have a baby, and carry out said baby to the world? In other words, abortion is fair for the mother or fair for the son? Because it isnt for both. I will respond in full to your previous comments, but Im sleepy atm so cant think straight... I think these questions sum up what I think points out what's wrong with that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:45 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

You are no one to say its unfair to the mother, if the mother wants to abort HER baby. As for the mistake, yes it might be a mistake, it may not be, we cant judge, but incase it was a mistake, what are you trying to do by making her have the baby? Punish her? You will be punishing the kid.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:11 am 
Captain
Captain

thank goodness no one read my post, its not like it was serious, somewhat balanced and raises valid points as well as dances delicately around the fact that almost all abortions occur at a stage where the fetuses are nothing more than masses of cells.

late term abortions are rare and are often for clinical reasons.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:23 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

oh sorry . i was not suppose to read that one. damn. :o

JUST A GAMER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:31 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major
 YIM  Profile

I say yes only if the pregnancy is caused by rape or if the baby is not aborted the life of the mother is in danger

Best alliance finished:1st

The Silent Spammer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:41 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
thank goodness no one read my post, its not like it was serious, somewhat balanced and raises valid points as well as dances delicately around the fact that almost all abortions occur at a stage where the fetuses are nothing more than masses of cells.

late term abortions are rare and are often for clinical reasons.

A long argument kills the argument :D Its not like I am gonna do Abortion anytime soon :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:39 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
You are no one to say its unfair to the mother, if the mother wants to abort HER baby. As for the mistake, yes it might be a mistake, it may not be, we cant judge, but incase it was a mistake, what are you trying to do by making her have the baby? Punish her? You will be punishing the kid.

I dont intent to punish the mother. I just dont want the baby to have to be to loose it's life just because his mother had him when she really shouldnt had. And HER baby? Abortion is killing the baby: the mother is taking the baby's LIFE. And certainly, the baby's life DOESNT belong to her: it belongs to no one but the baby himself. Unfortunately hes not self-aware, so he can't defend himself, so that's why we must do it. So, mistake or not, the baby shouldnt have to pay for it, specially with his life. Surely the baby will suffer because of being born like this, when it's the circumstances that are at fault of it, and partially of the irresponsability of the parents (but because of ignorance, they shouldn't be so hardly thought of), but this shouldn't be: ideally, this shouldn't exist, but in reality it does.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:26 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Again, so what do you propose? You dont want the baby dead just because the mother made a mistake. What do you propose should happen? That the mother should go through a pregnancy she doesnt wanna go through and try to care for a child she doesnt wanna care for, or rather, CANT care for?

The baby after being born, will be taken care for by who? Obviously not the mother. How is it more humane, to bring a baby into the world, and then to abandon it when it can ACTUALLY feel more?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:44 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Because the world that baby is supposed to be born in shouldnt be like that. And even if it is, we can't just decide to damn the baby to avoid him suffering. What I propose, is that we fix the reason why we could even consider not bringing that baby into the world.

And as for the caring of the baby... damnit, I'd take care of them if I was in the area. Yet, I am not, so perhaps it might look like I'm not one to talk here. Regardless, I must say that somebody will have to take care of the baby, even if it is in incredibly poor conditions. It is a twisted world, yes, and incredibly full of suffering, but if we just give in then it will stay like that, and we would not be able to change it. I stand by the fact that the birth of the baby is NOT wrong, and that aborting it IS wrong. Even if I don't now what should be done after that, it doesnt change those facts.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next