It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Abortion: Yay or nay?
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:32 am 
Captain
Captain

vaultdweller101 wrote:
True, but is it devoud of life? You mentioned you loose 70g of dead skin each week. But how much of that dead skin could be turned into a human life if you didnt loose it? Yea, 0. But each embryo, weighting 28g or not, can have a human life. Same thing? I think not.

and each of my billions of sperm can become human life, just give it an egg.
yet i commit killing that make genocide look whimpish if thats considered human life. every time i masturbate, heck even in successful pregnancies, a billion die off as not fast enough. it too "can" have life. how about fertilized eggs, zygotes? 25-50% of them are accidentally flushed out with the menstrual cycle.

shouldnt you be enacting policies regarding the capture and re implantation of fertilized zygotes? maxipads are the tool of satan. let them be replaced by tiny little jars that collect the period splatter and gets tested for a zygote.

there is a difference between life and being alive. if i were a vegetable. you know, comatose for a long period of time. i consider myself dead during that time. burn me, kick me in the face, sing me a love song and attempt to woo me. my brain will continue to tick. but nobody is home. lifewise, a lump of cells with no nervous system is comparable to a kidney or a potato.
its life. thats for sure. but it isnt really alive.
it may or may not have life. same applies to sperm.

vaultdweller101 wrote:
And well mfreak, I don't know if this is morals or not, but I do think we humans are here to make more humans, perpetuating our race. That's supposed to be the very first role of your life, the second you are conceived. So, even if it is before the first tremestre, even if it can't feel or be differenced from the embryo of a dog, it will turn into a human someday if let be, and if we don't we would be stopping that human from fulfilling it's role in this world, and that goes against our own roles.

so lets all have 20 children each! as many as you can! women are hereby outlawed, unless they have a medical condition to be not pregnant for longer than 6 months after their first ovulation. thats right. it appears you want some faster developing 11 year old girls to carry children. after all, that is the first role, everything else comes secondary.
LET IT BE KNOWN. VAULTDWELLER101 WANTS 11 YEAR OLD GIRLS IMPREGNATED BECAUSE AS MINDLESS ANIMALS. all we should do is breed.

question to all: are there any females here? what is your opinion on this. what is your opinion of males having the most opinion on this?

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:50 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
t's just that sentence was extremely... stupid.

Explain why you think it is stupid? Unless you are going to consider it out of context, just as a sentence...well then THAT's stupid. I meant to say, when the mother feels she cant have the baby, or when she feels she cant take care of the baby, or when she does not wanna have the baby, then abortion is not a bad idea. After all, whats the point of having a kid you dont want?

Quote:
question to all: are there any females here? what is your opinion on this. what is your opinion of males having the most opinion on this?

Yeah, am curious too.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:00 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Ducky, I wont even begin to say what is wrong with your post about me...

And allen, I knew you'd think that way: that idealism has no room in reality. What then? We should accept that babies are being thrown into garbage cans? That people have to beg for food, water and money in the streets? I don't have to go out to Africa with a single set of clothes, no money, food or water, and go out begging: I have a pretty good reasoning to figure how bad it is, but it would be pointless for me to do that. What isn't pointless of me is to do something about it. Whether by speaking out in forums about it, or studying my ass off so I can help the best way I can do. If I didn't cherish idealism, then I would have to admit this messed up world is here to stay. I refuse. So I won't stop being what you call naive, impractical and stupid. I preffer to be that way than to accept the things I know are wrong to rule.

And really, most of these problems can be solved with adequate orientation and programs to help these people. Obviously, these are non-existant on the areas they are mostly needed. So, we need to fix this. In the meanwhile? Well, we can discuss as much of it here, but it's yet another grey zone with no consensus. Still, do we all agree that the circumstances in which people have to choose between abortion and under extreme poverty must be changed ASAP? Or do you suggest abortion to be a permanent solution for the problem?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:27 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Again if you are gonna "cherish" idealism, you are never gonna solve the problem. Understand where abortion is valid:

1. The mother does not want to have a baby at that particular time in her life. She is not ready for the responsibility.

2. The situation - family, financial or otherwise does not favor raising a child at that time

3. The baby wasn't expected - for example a teen got pregnant, and has so much else to do in life, that a baby is unwanted at that time.

All these are valid reasons and there could be many more to abort. So lets not digress, go off on a tangent and talk about extreme poverty and morals. If you cry irresponsible, then its not you that is taking responsibility for it, its not you that is going through pregnancy or even raising that child. So you have absolutely zero right to make a decision for someone else.

Secondly, we dont have have to accept that extreme poverty as a existent phenomenon. We can work to solve it. But making a woman below the poverty line have a baby, is not gonna solve poverty now, is it? Population is the first reason for poverty. Check every country where the population is more, you will find lots of poverty. India, China, US (has 50 million people under poverty). Check, Australia, Norway etc., Very less population, very less poverty. So keeping on increasing the population, making women have babies they cant support is not gonna solve your poverty issue.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:30 am 
Captain
Captain

vaultdweller101 wrote:
Ducky, I wont even begin to say what is wrong with your post about me...

awwww. is it because a raise a point so valid there is no rebuttal? at least answer to the first half

the second half was me getting excited because i get to pull a politician's trick of straw manning.

anyways, why do people keep calling it baby, embryo is far more accurate for the vast majority of abortions, and later abortions usually have a medical reason such as birth deformity (it has no skull, oh dear) or risk of life to mother (fallopian pregnancies are more common then they should be)

I REPEAT. ARE THERE ANY FEMALES HERE?
^typical internet

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:54 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

wat r u expecting us to say? Repeating the rules of the internet again?

I don't go and say abortion is inhuman or not, I don't think too deep about that. But I do believe that abandoning a child, especially a new-born baby, is inhuman.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:07 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Imo There is nothing wrong with contraception and methods of avoiding pregnancy BUT if fertilisation takes place that is a human life, it doesnt matter if it occured from rape or if the pregnant woman is a crack head or a young girl or a woman who wants to suceed in her job, that fetus will become a human with its own opinions and thought processes and so should not be killed. Abortion is wrong but avoiding pregnancy isnt simple as that. Heres one for ya, if Stephen Hawkings parents could know that their child would be born a quadroplegic they may decide an abortion would be the best option and what would happen to his theories??Well they wouldnt exist simple as that as nobody could have had all the experiences that made up his thought process as each human has a different mix of experiences no matter their starting point. Abortion is deciding the fate of someone elses life and should not be allowed.

Thanks for the Sig Dawnice ;}~

Wins on this account:F4 Era 16 (Led JFF and finished Rank 1)

Allies ATM:none ;{~

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:59 am 
Captain
Captain

darathmurrough wrote:
BUT if fertilisation takes place that is a human life

Really? how is it human life? how is it alive? the vast majority of abortions occur in the first trimester for which the embryo is nothing more than a blob of tissue. It doesnt think, it doesnt breathe of feel, it doesnt eat or even sleep since it doesnt have the neural capacity to do so. no dreams, no feelings. a potato demonstrates more life than a fetus at 3 weeks.

are you telling me this is human? (11 week old embryo)

Quote:
Abortion is deciding the fate of someone elses life and should not be allowed.

as is telling a woman what to do with a 2 week old embryo.
you know the contraception morning after pill flushes out zygotes, even if they did embed within the day.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:19 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

If the woman does not want the baby she can give it away for adoption.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:30 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Its not as easy as it sounds. What if she does not wanna go through pregnancy because there are other things in her life she wants to do and maybe the baby was an accident? Now dont cry irresponsibility and get all self righteous on me. You are not the one going through pregnancy. Pregnancy means your life stalls for 10 months, and then a month or two afterward. Some women may not want that. Its their right to choose whether they suffer pregnancies or not.

Quote:
as is telling a woman what to do with a 2 week old embryo.
you know the contraception morning after pill flushes out zygotes, even if they did embed within the day.

Exactly. Going by the posts here one would have to remain celibate and be a virgin until they get married :roll: Cuz you dont wanna pop a pill in, and "abort" the zygote now do you? Immoral!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next