It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: RNC/USA politics/up coming election
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:38 am 
Captain
Captain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfS1x5RnZZQ

BOOM iowa and minnesota. ron paul is going for the lulz.
thats right, originally romney had won iowa, then official results came in and santorum had won iowa and now BOOM. turns out romney had iowa all along and this information was saved to punch romney in the balls now that he is focusing on the general election.

as an australian, our politics just is not as entertaining, the characters are not as extreme (santorum would get literally nowhere in aust, he is far too fringe in his views), the voting is far more streamlined and systematic (not multiple voting days for individual states), heck we dont even have primaries, the party chooses a person as the face of the party. you vote for party members to represent.

so as an australian where the fact someone called our PM a 'witch' drew controversy, US politics is entertainment at its best. 'witch' would get ignored kind of, we dont have people who put out ads that start with 'I AM NOT A WITCH' because the majority of USA think its a legitimate possibility or the party thinks the majority of USA thinks its possible. either way, more entertaining in USA.

i dont claim to know much, not in-depth about the candidates and their policies, not in-depth of the system by which it all works. all i know is that its the greatest show, i should take it seriously, but i cant, because its hilarious and is just a show. the greatest show.

i doubt ron paul can win, and im disappointed santorum dropped, i want to see an RNC take place. an epic free for all in which ron paul might actually walk away victor, but then again, it could strengthen some of the more extreme candidates such as newt, cain, santorum.
either way, entertainment. feel free to discuss any noteworthy news regarding the politics, the strengths of the candidacies, etc.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

Post subject: Re: RNC/USA politics/up coming election
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:01 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I'm not following it that much, I just know that Santorum is a general big (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..). I'm counting on Obama to win again.

Post subject: Re: RNC/USA politics/up coming election
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:51 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

I dont really care as long as they relax immigration rules and therefore I dont want Obama in power :D

Anyway, Ducky you from Aussie? I thought you were from the US all along. :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]