It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Israel and Palestine Territory
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:48 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

We are humans and conflict is an innate part of our reality.

While peace is sought often, war will continue to bring blood and sadness with the loss of loved ones, we will never see the end of it.

I have been around for a while, 38 years, and I have seen many middle east summits come and go and never has there been any real improvements to the situation. But I'm no historian on the fact.

I feel both cultures are rich in tradition. It's those cultural differences that should unite one another instead of divide.

For example, I love to travel to new places, see the sights, taste the foods, watch the people, learn. I do not want to kill them becuase I would love to go back and do those things over again. Positive experiences should be exploited more often. People should remain hopeful and always look on the brighter side of situations that may not be to their favor. In my growing understanding of the places I visit I often hear about those nation's previous conflicts with other nations. Often they have lead to war yet they live in peace now.

Learn from history more often, civics needs to be stressed more and maybe, just maybe, peace will see it's way through.

But here in BD, i want to kill all of your units. Go figure

HeHo :P

Winning Alliances

TT
AT
RR
RFW
RoFL
K
BOLD
HaHa
PHGP

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:41 am 
Captain
Captain

mfreak wrote:
Look I am not gonna read walls of text and spend an hour of my time replying to the same thing over and over again. Its getting redundant. By now I hope you understand that I will NEVER concede this point. That outcomes are always possible and that probabilities of outcomes differ based on what outcomes you consider. So I am not gonna talk about Math, probability, standard deviation, normal distributions, shower mats, lottery tickets, sucker punches, coin tosses, basketball shots, "lying", "bein crazy", fear mongering and all that BS. Point is this:

I read your wall of text, i answered your wall of text, i meticulously explained why it isnt 1/2 or even close to 1/2. over and over, i explain this. you use an abstract reasoning to present a figure of 1/2 i point out reality and that this isnt the case. this is a point i wish to make, one that you dont seem willing to understand. so i am going to talk math. if you are not willing to even consider conceding even if evidence points to the contrary then this isnt discussion and debate, this is you, ranting and being stubborn. i am open minded, i am always willing to concede a point or two if that position is indefensible and i was wrong. i am willing to accept that im not always correct, that further evidence can persuade me. but if you are not willing to be swayed by logic, by evidence from reality, etc. then you are crazy. and i will think too little of you and concede this entire discussion to you since its not nice badgering mentally ill folk.

<REDACTED>

So,

A) I WILL NOT consider Israeli air defence, not to lie, not to fear monger, not to exagerrate BUT to drive home the point that the rocket attacks are deadly. It was because it was deadly and caused widespread loss of life and property, that Israel went for air defence. This is a fact that has been accepted by both of us. It is also a fact that today, very few missiles stand a chance against Israel. HOWEVER, this is STILL an issue and will always be an issue, and will always work against the peace process.

and i tell you now, that you cannot drive home a point through purposefully misleading others. what else have you used in this discussion that has been pulled out of your arse (you have a donkey which you pull items out of). you cannot stand by your statistic of 1/2 rockets when it is not the case. concede that you were wrong, that you deliberately fudged results to force them to your favour. you have already admitted to fudging results and forcing them to your favour, you just refuse to concede that it is wrong, when it clearly is.
i have repeatedly accepted that the missiles pose an ongoing threat, they are terrorism, but at the same time, i critically examine this issue and point out that reality doesnt have it rain rockets on every single israeli person daily like you claim it does. no. the likelihood of a rocket hitting a population is low. that doesnt mean it is zero or that the rockets are harmless, it just means that the hit rate isnt 1/2 like you claim. that is reality. that is what is happening. you are not accepting this because you are either
a.) stubborn
b.) stupid
c.) crazy
d.) all of the above.

in any normal internet debate/discussion, when you bring up false evidence and get called out on it. you usually concede and move to your next point. not you. you refuse to possibly accept that you are wrong in any way. im not interested in continuing this if that is how you act. childish.

if you wish to continue, either validly explain and respond to my previous post which i spent the time to read yours and type out. OR concede the point, OR not concede and not respond to my previous post and i will hand you your empty victory because i dont want to partake in this anymore if that is your true nature. arrogance beyond understanding.

<REDACTED AS ISSUE IS YET TO BE RESOLVED>

ducky out?

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:12 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Yeah so am putting an end to walls of texts. You have not meticulously explained why it isnt 1/2. That is an acknowleged fact. You can go back and read my previous posts, and I have told you that the missiles indeed have less chances of hitting ISrael.In reality. However, I have also told you NUMEROUS times why I will not consider Israeli air defence in this debate. The point of the debate is not to present real probabilities of missiles hitting. The point of the debate is to drive home the point that the Hamas rocket attacks are deadly, and you dont seem to understand that these attacks are serious, and you cite REAL probabilities as your DEFENCE. This like I said I wont stand for since it is illogical and childish. You are simply beating around the bush without any actual argument. BTW if you concede the disucssion I wouldnt mind though. 1. I wouldnt have to read any further walls of texts. 2. It would be right thing to do since you actually dont have any answers to real questions except for beating around the bush about math and probabilities. You fail to understand even simple reasons as to why the air defence is being ignored.

Secondly if you read my replies you will see that I dont actually have anything to concede.

1. The rockets DO have very slight chances of hitting ISrael - Already acknowledged fact that has been repeated over and over.
2. The 1/2 probability was to drive home the point that the missiles are deadly - acknowledged fact repeated over and over. This is not fudging evidence, or fabricating evidence or being stubborn or being stupid. This is trying to make one understand the reality of the situation and about why the peace process wont work by circumventing the hamas.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:17 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

1/2 is an arbitrary "statistic" yes

Liam wrote:
Rise my minions, VOTE FERR3T #1 FOR HEAD MOD!!

Simmen wrote:
How are you not a admin Hal?..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11