It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: God: real or fake?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:36 am 
Captain
Captain

patric77 wrote:
I'm not saying I'm an atheist...

note the following is not meant to hurt you, its supposed to be constructive criticism.

But scientists have proven that life was created because of the synthesis of certain compounds, plus energy. The energy came from heat from lightning. Not from the right hand of God.

not really, its still in the early phases, a couple times a year there is a breakthrough or something new, but you dont prove anything outside of mathematics, you give evidence for.
see the following link for a recent breakthrough that demonstrates that DNA and RNA arent the only replicating nucleic acids. fresh off the front page of reddit
http://richarddawkins.net/articles/6457 ... -evolution

They have also proven that two people couldn't have possibly made all the biodiversity we see in humans today. People actually come from a specific region in Africa, I forget exactly where.

Ethiopia - cradle of life. (human) at least that is where out mitochrondrial dna points generally meandered north until hit iraq and thats roughly when civilisation and a sedentary, non-nomadic life style began as the rivers there made farming easy and possible.

They have ALSO proven that evolution exists. So, a single organism could have created all life on Earth.

Again, they have ALSO proven that Jesus was not, in fact, born on Christmas. It was actually a hoax, possibly to get more followers.

this doesnt really mean anything, its clear to all scholars that easter is meant to be the spring equinox, christmas, the old pagan yule thingys, centred around the winter equinox. you can blame the romans. they were conquering everything pagan and nothing brings a country together like shared belief does.

And the bible? It wasn't written by God. Or by Jesus. It was written by some Lunatics that Jesus called his friends, who claim that Jesus has the powers of a mystical shaman.

i was never a fan of the writer paul, this one guy, never meets jesus, contributes most of the new testament single handedly in unofficial letters. seriously, wtf?

I, however, do believe in a God. Just not quite the God that the bible describes.

makes you a non religious theist, good on you for not letting religion dictate your beliefs and finding your own spirituality.

And those are my religious beliefs. That is how you run a debate. You should learn how some time.

JadenMDL wrote:
Whether.. God exists or not... there's no proof that G exists but also there's no proof that G doesnt exist...

aaargh, hate it when you write something, lay off the elipsis, they arent necessary. there is no evidence that there isnt a teapot orbiting the sun right now amongst the asteroid belt.
there is no evidence that harry potter isnt real, its just hidden from you mere muggles.
there is no evidence that the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesnt exist.

the burden of proof is on the theist to demonstrate there is god.

hey CBA, imma pose the problem of suffering. say there was a forest fire that cuts through a forest and a small innocent creature, lets say a baby deer, A CUTE baby fawn, awww how nice
well yeah, it is caught in the fire.

its mother dies, the world around it burns and it suffers 2nd degree burns to most of its body, but it doesnt die. you see, it managed to kind of take shelter allowing it to live, but the surrounding landscape is scorched and the fawn is dying. but it lives on, for 2 days and 2 nights, it struggles, every breath is ragged and painful, a full 48 hours of simple sadistic suffering later, it finally succumbs, surrounded by burnt landscape and no mercy.

how does an omnipotent god (can stop it), omniscient god (knows about it) and omnibenevolent god (should stop it since its the 'good' thing to do) allow such a thing to happen?
i could make this worse, recently there was famine in africa due to drought. why bring children into the world for 2 years. 2 hard years and then kill them?

in a godless world, there is no one to blame, the universe is cold, uncaring and largely un sentient, fire's dont think, they are merely oxidation reactions racing across the landscape. but if your god is to exist and allow it, isnt that just as bad as purposely going down and basically setting a baby on fire so that it suffers for 2 days before it dies? would a god that purposely allows for suffering on the scale of not just inhumane but mindless and pointless be worthy of your respect/worship?

and dont. dont tell me its free will that the fawn is covered in burns, mostly blind, spasms from the pain, etc.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:59 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword.

I am come to send fire on Earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled? 50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished! Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple. (Luke 14:26)

But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

And you know what? Here's what got me. Why would someone need to praise a God to have everlasting life? Why would a God only be appeased by being worshipped? If he's benevolent, surely he would only care or mainly care about his creation doing good and making the world he also created a better place, not attracting followers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:37 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

MrDucky wrote:
JadenMDL wrote:
Whether.. God exists or not... there's no proof that G exists but also there's no proof that G doesnt exist...

aaargh, hate it when you write something, lay off the elipsis, they arent necessary. there is no evidence that there isnt a teapot orbiting the sun right now amongst the asteroid belt.
there is no evidence that harry potter isnt real, its just hidden from you mere muggles.
there is no evidence that the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesnt exist.

the burden of proof is on the theist to demonstrate there is god.

But I never said... which one I do stand for, did I?...

Okay there is no evidence that a teapot aint orbiting I will show you why it cant...
For a mass to orbit it needs to be balanced by the centipetal and centrifugal forces which are due to gravitational pulls of larger masses...

So well a teapot which is too small will rather be attracted towards larger masses then to rotate around it....

SO what, you say? you havent seen for yourself? ...
Well there must be a photoaph... and a teapot orbiting around must have appeared somewhere in the millions and millions of photographs taken by the astronimal practioneers..... Its not like its a comet which appears once a while or a star which path is not predictable... a teapot revolving around sun must have a definite path and so if it did revolved it must have been somewhere there, the talk of the day....

But well if you say there is a teapot in the milky way... or you may say that the vanished airships were taken by aliens and whatsover... ther mit be even 0.0001% chance to it... but ofcourse a teapot cant revolve sun...

So harry Potter aint real? Oh now should I describe this... I am just going to make this too long and probably many people wont stop to read... SO well what ... Of course The attention HP got... if HP was real lol... then it must stirred the magical community... Like the MoM (Minister of Magic) would have been changed a quite a lot of times, the PM must have been forced to house arrest JKR and well at the very least we could have seen a dummy JKR... NO so still I didnt prove how HP aint real> >>>

OF course remember my words... " Utopia cant even exist in perfect of fantasies".... you understand this you can get why probably HP aint real...

wow we mere muggles... you have been detained my MoM for using this in public in fact the secret American facility(or as I have heard) to keep the 2001 terror suspects undercover is a high security Azkaban... yes so you wanna hear more from me...... lol... muggles... wow... :?

OK FLying Spagetti MOnster dont exist... I ne'er even heard abt it so I wont be bothered to look abt it and all....

SO well but as I said those who belive in something will prove to the world that it exists and even if World doesnt believe in first glance since we guys restrict change.. we will eventually...

So I am not saying who is rit and who is wrong and all.. You just cant criticize someone who's doing something what you cant... Of course I believe those you force their beliefs onto others are no worse than trolls but I believe thru debates we all can put our point ...

But you know this is not a hard and fast rule but its an unspoken rule in debates and discussions, you cant debate unless you are flexible, you are not arguing, you are debating.... You must believe there is a possibility what you are saying maybe is wrong and when the time comes you must agree to believe what is right... but true to yourselves...

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:20 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

JadenMDL wrote:
astronimal practioneers.....

You mean astronomical practitioners?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:25 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

LOL, you people are all sooo silly. Dont you guys know why religion was created?

It is the ultimate excuse for war. Killing someone for money makes you evil, but say your doing it for God, and you become a saint. Say"My God told me to kill you", and teh other side cant argue it down.

Current alliances-none
Former alliacnes-EA,LOZ,ZN,SF,VAL,MAD,BoS,KWP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:40 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

not really, religion is created to give believers something to rely on and stop them from doing anything wrong, which in most case, is a good thing.

however, religion is used to wage wars, that's a sad thing that I can't deny. Lots of wars use religion as an excuse, killing lots of innocent people in the name of god. Though I don't believe in god or any superpower beings, I do believe that if they do exist, they would be feeling so ashamed that they let it happened...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:23 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Religion was created as an attempt to explain the mysteries of life and the universe. That's it. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:26 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

not with the Buddhism case...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 am 
Captain
Captain

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"

-Epicurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:40 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

It really saddens me too...

but well some people are like that who feel like exploiting anything to meet their gains.... but of course they werent made to wage wars... The hostory of wars dates back before evolution of humans...

OFcourse no it has just became illogical, just well it reminds me of where Naruto is heading and suddenly I liked the plot more better...

aister wrote:
not with the Buddhism case...

well acc ht i have heard, since it originated in my country and we read a book abt its founder... yeah a whole year in our Grade 7 under literature... his ideals well I thought were different from others... rather than finding God it concentrates on finding peace of mind... even though I really dont get it... but well I have ne'er seen Buddhists forcing their religions except in SL where I have heard the majority's opinions crushed any oppertunity to blossom minority... but well mit be the case I havent seen World enough...

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 38  Next