It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: God: real or fake?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:02 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

So we turned this thread about God into a thread about Hitler and Nazi beliefs? This needs to be another thread entirely. You guys need to focus on the fact that what Nazi's believe in shouldn't change your point of view, and that God may or may not be real.

Babies don't go to heaven? Discuss.

dylsupreme1 wrote:
My last post - Dylan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:48 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I see this is heading to an unparallel direction..

If there was a scoring system on this prbly we all be in negatives... lol

But I see theres not much to argue, everyone points been already given out... almost everyone supporting God is real coming with shady proofs are all out, rather the one who sustain on just beliefs and only their own beliefs are still there...

I can see this changing to various other debates, if you want to start a new one why not start a new topic? whether Nazi was religious group(I doubt) has nothing to do with this, and none of the Wars are religious since both groups die at the same rate, prbly the fighters mit have mixed feelings... but well they ne'er are aware of whole truths nor are we, we knew the half truth after years... There's still lurking and hiding ... half of things are yet to be discovered and uncovered before the world...

Eradicating your foes doesnt mean a thing if you are back to stone age... like the pun of third WW... so well

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:02 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

I agree. Time to go back to thrashing on God.

Current alliances-none
Former alliacnes-EA,LOZ,ZN,SF,VAL,MAD,BoS,KWP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:11 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Just because the debate has been ridiculously one-sided (mostly because anyone arguing on the side of God, can't do so well) doesn't mean it is "thrashing". There has only been one guy in this topic arguing on the side of god, that has put up coherent, organized rebuttals, even if flawed. Everyone else has called Atheists ignorant (as if :lol:) or that we must repent for our sins, or suffer the fate of hell or something like that.

Guess what. Doesn't work. And it hardly strengthens your argument.

[19:00:21] Alexander: thats my opinion, maybe its (Want to be allies? Sometimes I like to pretend I am a princess riding a pony..)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:36 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

so whos that guy? putting up coherent arguments...

there are some replies for real... which I liked

who said "they belief for their own selves" whether we believe or not is our choices. religion is probably not why I believe in GOd, I do because I want someone like that to exist.. " Unlike others who have been like'you will go to hell'
I wanna reply 'yeah I will, and whats this fancy meeting you here'

Even though I didnt get what Seth said, but well what he said was something I supported... whether you believe in God is upon you,... Perhaps you have witnessed something we havent but putting up slander fronts just makes you miserable and thats it.. Its just sounds to me two blood-thirsty rival families always fighting neck to neck, when asked why they are still fighting they say " they dont remember the reason"... its the same thing going on here, sadly except few none have put on a descent for god being real...

PS: personally I believe this is the best argument for real, even though a little hypothetic
Spoiler:
A-I saw something that makes me wanna believe God exists...
B-Might me something which is out of your logic gates
A-Too much coincidences are also called miracles
B- So miracles proves god are real?
A- No it mit not, but it does tell us there is someone out there helping us
B- Just because we dont know everything, doesnt mean we should assume it is supernatural
A- Knowledge surely is eternal, but it comes with time
B- I believe that has nothing to do with God
A- It probably has, you have still have to experience many things
B- So how many years I have to live to witness God
A- Why you do you wanna see someone you dont belive in?
B- Just because I am curious, I dont care whether I am confident enough to find myself true or find existence of God true
A- BUt you do want to know whether God is tru, minutes ago you believed something like that can be explained with Logic
B- Its just that I find something which defies logic interesting, cause things defing logic can give birth to new logics, since there is no guarantee same logic will persist everytime
A- So even if God exists, you will just expain it by logic
B- I want to, since I believe nothing exists without logic
A- That indeed is true, so why do you believe God will be outside logic
B- Of course someone who can stays invisible all the time is illogical
A- Might be camaflouge
B- There's no way a camaflouge wont be detected, any breathing symptoms anything living even with a camaflouge can be dtected?
A- So you believe GOd is the only thing you cant explain with logic
B- No there are bunch of other things
A- What do you call them?
B- Nothing, bizzare experiences I guess?
A- So you ne'er question them?
B- I do but I dont find answers..
A- Why so?
B- Guess I m not competent enough...
A- Everyone in this world have same kind of experiences, so no one is competent enough
B- Probably, since none is perfect..
A- So what if someone Perfect exist, you will call him a God?
B- Probably I will... if someone can do all sort of things all the people in world cant do, I have to accept , I guess
A- So you actually had considered this possibility
B- IDK, might have unconciously
A- So what do you define God as?
B- If I dont believe in it, why do I need to define it..
A- But thats pointless isnt it? If there is no GOd, existence of a Group called Atheists defying it actually wants me to believe you are actually defying nothing
B- if you say like that, but isnt it just we are just against whether God does exists...
A- But then you yourselves have created a very thing border which you can easily pass
B- But the converse is also true isnt it? if some non-belivers become believers, some believers might become non-believers
A- It certainly is true
B- What actually makes me a non-believer is even though something is flawed even with logic, existence of God is flawed with moany respects
A- Just because you assume a God can do anything?
B- Probably, I suppose if there is a God, he can do anything
A- Probably its because some people exagerrate
B- MIght be, perhaps they dont believe it too
A- OR perhaps they are afraid if they dont, they will be considered smaller acc to someone who also had exagerrated
B- So its competition against one another, but the madeup stories are too much
A- Still what if someone refers to God as One who has mastered every scientific phenomenon
B- I will still question his existence since one of the scientific pehenomenon probably will how he appeared, I guess he will have no answer to this
A- He probably appeared due to evolution, wandered off and mastered everything
B- Arent you just making things up to fit in your theory, still how could he will be tending to all those humans
A- But it was ne'ver said God interferes with human lives...
B- Well so from the start everything was made up for show off
A- No the legends are probably made after him, altered after so many years
B- We have to give hats off tho those creative minds
A- Completely unrelated however, if some who could explain all supernatural phenomenons existed
B- Existence of God sure is logical, then if it is completely unrelated to myths and religions, and all those...

THe conclusion A logical mind can only accept the existence of God if its completly unrelated to Religions and their institutes, HEll and HEAVEN..
Even though B doesnt accept ancient notion of God, he belives some phenomenons cant be expained, and the most logical solution is existence of a Supernatural body governing it, completely independent of judging someone on who prays or not...

A- well even if he accepted I didnt want to reach this conclusion... I rather told him from start, I believe I have seen something that can only be explaine by existence of Supernatural body like God if only he could see it in my place, he mit understand...
Usual Argument- If there is a God, he will change their bodies so they can bothsee each other's point and B will be enlightened
Enhanced Argument- If its possible by science, its also possible by God

C- GOd doesnt want to know abou his presence so he hids well
D- but isnt he worried we all know about God and with believe him or not... If he doesnt want us to know abt his presence he will just be sickly worrired
C-No he knows anyone who believes will at someone point ask for some proof, and then if any help doesnt occur then that will decide he/she will believe again or not...
D- So they want something like ransom / candy to continue believe in them... all the more reason why someone like God cant exist...
FAILED ARGUMENT...

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:45 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I believe in GOD and am a Christian. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

ghossfeld88 wrote:
I believe in GOD and am a Christian. :D

Good. Care to explain your reasoning for that?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:54 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

What's the point? everyone just finds something to disprove it, and I am not trying to argue.

I can't prove it. I just have Faith.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:59 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
What's the point? everyone just finds something to disprove it, and I am not trying to argue.

Thats the point of a debate ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:01 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
Thats the point of a debate ;)

OK sorry for interrupting your debate.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next