It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: God: real or fake?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:51 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Wow its GOd to Religion now......

Well many people believe that.... but I am sure even if there is a GoD it has nothing to do with religion whatsoever.
If you argue for that , you are just stating that there is none like that..

But well I found a shocking relation b/w sci-fi and fantasy...

ONe is in infinite future and other in infinite past...
One talks about what may happen and other what may have happened...

Well one thing or other... Believing and all has a great spiritual essence, for all those who think spiritual is now again religional, you are dillusional...

Well whatever.... Its just that.. some thing are out of your hands... but if you try with infinte determination... and effort... it wont be... you can say that is your God... it holds different meaning to everyone...

Well.. its just... Life is getting funnier.... its not a life in a park, and if you think a GOd there will make it a life in a park,a rose without thorns... lol you are so unrealistic...

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:02 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I haven't seen a single christian put up an argument in the first few pages.. so skipped ahead a bit.. :L

Well apart from the occasional 'You don't have to believe, but hes watching'...

Being Atheist myself this seems extremely unlikely.. Just ask my friend the dinosaur. Or did he not exist?

[turl=]http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=dinosaurs+are+real&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1C1AVSH_enGB457GB457&biw=1366&bih=643&tbm=isch&tbnid=HmEyl1bolcru1M:&imgrefurl=http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/what-dinosaurs-are-not-real-0&docid=Fys8oB1q8afGRM&imgurl=http://media.nowpublic.net/images//79/f/79f0c1b37327458523c56805427472a0.jpg&w=253&h=246&ei=t1iOT5rPFIfc8AP0-Ly0Cw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=787&sig=117723500749215035110&page=1&tbnh=139&tbnw=148&start=0&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:73&tx=46&ty=89[/turl]

Oh and Shrek and donkey are there also for some unknown reason?

Highest rank achieved so far: 10.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:18 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
Just ask my friend the dinosaur. Or did he not exist?

God put their bones in the ground to test our faith. :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:26 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

What is the relation between God existing and dinosaurs having died off?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:15 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

lifenstuff wrote:
What is the relation between God existing and dinosaurs having died off?

In the bible it does not state anywhere that god made dinosaurs? Apparently he made the earth in like is it 7 days? Yet humans have been around about half a million years.

Whereas dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago, now either there's something wrong with part of this information or someone lost track of the time making earth..

I'm guessing its not the second one ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:40 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

CBA22 wrote:
REAL!!!
Yeah, and nothing you say is going to change me. You guys just don't understand. There's a reason Christianity is the world's largest religion AND the world's fastest growing one you know. You guys just don't understand. View it from the point of a christian, it makes a lot more sense.
Quote:
absolute fake, and Christianity is the most BS religion in the world, wanna know why? It cares more about how many people worship it rather then how legitimate a religion it is.
Fact: During the conversion of the Norse people, Christians changed the date of christmas so that it would match the time of the Norse holiday of Yule in an attempt to have more people convert.That alone is a reason why Christianity is BS.

You know, why is that BS? I know it was not rlly right to mislead them but as a Christian it clearly states that it is our duty to preach the religion and get more people to join. While they probably didn't do the right thing, they meant well.

Have you people ever been to a youth group? I go to one weekly, and those guys are literally just meaning it and pouring their hearts out for God. Those guys srsly believe it.
And another thing, christian organizations spend millions each year to reach out to people who don't know about God. So this isn't some sort of joke. We really mean it.

Quote:
lol i love it when you christians say were going to burn in hell.it cracks me up every time. :lol]

cracks me up? Cracks Me Up? CRACKS ME UP?!I have a serious problem with you here. As I said before, the christian is SUPPOSED to warn you and try to pull you over to there side. It was God's will!! And Yes you WILL burn in hell and less you declare Jesus as your one and only savior.You guys misunderstand us too much.

Quote:
As for your comment several pages ago aister, vary true. I have no problem with Bhuddists, they're some of the nicest people you'll ever meet, or any religious person.... Until they start using their religion as a way to say they are superior to you, which i constantly see Christians doing (Westboro Mathedist Church (Is that the correct spelling) anyone?) a popular slogan that pretty much states my opinion is "I don't have a problem with god, its his fanclub i can't stand"

Ok fine I know SOME people apparently go to church two times a year and start feeling superior to you. But at my place, those guys don't feel superior. And they're some of the nicest people I ever met. Last time I heard, Christians were the one getting bullied, not the other way around.
I am SO mad at you guys, making me cry. I don't know what you guys heard but ALL my friends are Christians and we don't yell insults at non-believers.

Quote:
As for God, there has never been proof for a God, there is no way to scientifically create a God, and no one has ever seen a God or anything that remotely resembles it.

There is no proof, but then how did life come, or how did the universe begin? BUT NOOO don't argue the above point, because you guys are going to argue that instead of paying attention to this>There is no proof of God? No proof? No Proof?! NO PROOF?! 2.2 BILLION PEOPLE BELIEVE IN IT. THAT"S YOUR PROOF BRO. Let me repeat that again. Two. Point. Two. Billion. You got that. Billion. That"s over one quarter of the human population. Yes, One quarter. Now you might be wondering why I'm yelling out a bunch of statistics. It's because there's got be a reason behind why so many people joined. 2.2 billion people don't join a religion that based on a "made-up" book written 2000 years with a fake God. They joined for a good reason. Why? I don't know, there are different reasons. But it's probably because Christianity has good values. So here's the basic idea, have faith in Jesus, ,praise him, repent. That's basically it. You might be wondering, how are those even GOD values? Let me tell you why? God put us here, so we have to worship and praise him in return. To have faith in Jesus does NOT mean that you believe in him, it means that you accept him as your savior, to accept him as the one who washed away your sin and gave you mercy. And the last one, repent. Now a lot of people have a mistaken idea of repent. What most people think of repent is asking God for forgiveness and then you're good, you're free of that crime, FREE. NO, it means you ask for forgiveness AND you promise to never do it again. Just to clear things up.
mxmxm123 wrote:

well yea ... if he wants to be with us so bad why is he escaping from us...

if he is the cause of all things why is there things called War and Hell if you say it's our free will of those things happening then i say God gave them to us while knowing what will hapen ... he hates violence and suffering.. why are there such things then?

"Dont do bad things cause you'll be punished BY THE GOD if you do bad things"

No offence but your logic is kinda wrong,
First of all, he's not really escaping from us in the first place because he gave us the Holy Spirit which lives inside us and is one of his three forms. He doesn't want us to see him in person because he wants us to have real faith in him. Eventually you'll close enough to God that you can feel him.
Second of all, we're the ones who created violence and suffering in the first place. He envisioned a world without sin but apparently we screwed it up. But he sent his one and only son Jesus to wash away our sins and give us mercy.
Lastly, God forgives you for the things you did because he loves us all, on earth atleast. In return you have to repent and have faith in him. Do this and you'll pretty much have a ticket to heaven.

Holy I wrote a book.
Ok that's all I got to see, well not really but seeing as I already wrote this much I'll stop.

Oh god, i was trying so hard not to burst out laughing and wake my girlfriend whilst reading this!

1. Spending money does not make something real. Those millions are year are nothing compared to the amount of money the pope has..

2. The fact 2.2 billion people believe in god means nothing as to have proved it to be real? More people recognize the existence of dinosaurs than a quarter of the world.. And wait? You should think that dinosaurs we're made up... Does that make them real? ;) As you said 'That many people don't just believe in something made up' xD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:06 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I have one very old, yet very effective argument against God.

Christians, could God make a rock so big that even he himself couldn't lift it?

And I'll know if you look up the answer. :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:05 am 
Corporal
Corporal
 WWW  Profile

WhatILacked wrote:

Oh god, i was trying so hard not to burst out laughing and wake my girlfriend whilst reading this!

1. Spending money does not make something real. Those millions are year are nothing compared to the amount of money the pope has..

2. The fact 2.2 billion people believe in god means nothing as to have proved it to be real? More people recognize the existence of dinosaurs than a quarter of the world.. And wait? You should think that dinosaurs we're made up... Does that make them real? ;) As you said 'That many people don't just believe in something made up' xD

Yep, I did say so, got a problem with that? I said the Christians don't just believe in made-up stuff, not dinosour believers, so I have no idea how you got your argument.

Spending money doesn't make something real, but it proves that someone really believes it. I don't see people campaigning to get people to believe in dinosaurs.....

Quote:
I have one very old, yet very effective argument against God.

Christians, could God make a rock so big that even he himself couldn't lift it?

And I'll know if you look up the answer.

Err, no. Cause we believe God's Almighty.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:16 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
I don't see people campaigning to get people to believe in dinosaurs.....

People don't campaign to spread the word of dinosaurs, the wheel, giant pandas or the ice age. That's because these things are common knowledge.

People do however, campaign to spread the word of god, to convince you to become part of a religion, to convince you to drink fizzy juice, to make you buy that expensive timepeice and to convince you to join cults.

Common knowledge = No campaigning needed

To get money out of you and/or to make you follow orders = Lots of campaigning needed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:54 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Diazepam beat me to it. But am gonna replace his eloquence with a troll. :lol:

Quote:
Yep, I did say so, got a problem with that? I said the Christians don't just believe in made-up stuff, not dinosour believers, so I have no idea how you got your argument.

Christians do believe in made up stuff. Infact the whole religion is based on hearsay, and nothing concrete.

Quote:
Spending money doesn't make something real, but it proves that someone really believes it. I don't see people campaigning to get people to believe in dinosaurs.....

You said it yourself, spending money on something doesnt make it real. So spending money on spreading religion, doesnt make it real, especially Christianity :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 375 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 38  Next