where did I double post?
Ok have fun in He**
I would love to here your theory of creation
And what happens after we die according to you?
I AM HEREBY RETURNING THE THREAD BACK ON TOPIC.
someone has made a new thread regarding god, etc. this thread is clearly focussed on the death penalty.
what are the top 5 reasons that the death penalty should continue?
ill abridge 5 reasons why it shouldnt
1. innocents can be killed, especially with a weighted jury (see the old times where an all white panel of racists would condemn a black man accused of X to death with very little proof)
2. we should be moving away from giving government sanctioned reasons to kill its own citizens (this is a play for those more conservative and government fearful)
3. it costs more, many question it, but it does, it costs relatively little to clothe and feed a person, judge, court, lawyer and jury time with many repeals costs into the hundreds of thousands for some cases that drag on for years as fresh evidence is unearthed supporting the prosecuted which may allow for a retrial/pardon from original crime.
4. -US only- the president can actually stop executions. during the bush era, there was a clear trend of caucasians being pardoned while african americans still get killed. this is clearly a perversion of justice. and links to point #2, why allow the president the power to pick and choose who gets the needle and who gets incarceration?
5. its barbaric and archaic. surely as a 21st century, developed society, we are beyond just killing people for killing people? ethically speaking, it isnt really justified. if it is, please do tell me why.