It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next

what are you
for 63%  63%  [ 39 ]
against 27%  27%  [ 17 ]
undecided 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 62
 Post subject: Re: Death penalty
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:08 pm 
Captain
Captain

don't have the attention span to look at the last 4 pages bcuz i assume the majority of posts r rather long but heres my 2 cents.

I'm against the death penalty, always have been. If a person takes another life, whats the difference when we take theirs? taking a life is taking a life, and if we take theirs because they took someone else's whats the difference between that and a gang shooting some rival gang member so their gang shoots a member of the original gang? the only difference is that its written down somewhere that its O.K.. How can we say we are a civilized country when we go around believing its alright to end a life? if we kill someone what on earth makes us any better then them?

You can argue that it is more "cost efficient" but then we're no better then machines. When we throw out our morals to justify an argument with cost efficiency where has our humanity gone? If you take a life, it won't bring back the life that was already taken. It accomplishes nothing but drags you down to their level. Can we really put a price on our morals? Killing someone simply because it costs you a little bit of money every time you have to pay taxes?

A point that was brought up earlier that i did read before skipping 4 pages was for the wrongfully accused. What about those that never actually did anything but were still convicted? there have been and make no mistake, there will be more, who were convicted, killed, and then found innocent at a later date. Imagine being the man who had to pull the lever to end the innocent's life and learned that he was innocent all along.

In extreme cases such as Hitler there is no alternative, but for the average criminal it is going to far. Sociopaths need to be placed in more secure locations, not executed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:43 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

ghossfeld88 wrote:
Without the death penalty there would be more crimes

Thats the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:56 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I am for the death penalty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:51 am 
Captain
Captain

ghossfeld88 wrote:
Without the death penalty there would be more crimes

compare crime rates with USA and other developed nations.

even when you factor in easier accessibility to guns, violent crime rates are through the roof.

its wrong to think that people desperate/deranged enough to kill arent willing to risk their life on the line.

i dont even understand the right's insistance on the death penalty. i read an article where a texas judge was wearing his kill count like a badge of honour.

it is disgusting to see the death penalty still ehre in the 21st century.

btw, non related.
i see a lot of coloured words being used.
i HOPE no one has taken my colour.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:57 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I guess I see both sides. But in some cases the death penalty is needed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:08 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 YIM  Profile

Undecided, Because What if you are falsely accused and they have fake/just-made proof against you and you know what happens when you show proof people would believe and also what if its an accident? and also we have a God and he created us to love each other even ENEMIES/TERRORISTS, MURDERERS and ETC. we must love one another for he loves us too no matter what we cannot approve that God hates this guys because he killed someone so we must kill him no, from the bible when the son's of Adam and Eve killed each other did he kill him? did he do the Death penalty NO! he made a harsh punishment and banished him from the land and he even put a mark not to kill him showing even if he murdered you must not murder him too for you will also become a murderer but also that Take a Life and Give your is also good but the the persecutor who kills him must be killed too right cuz you killed a man..... it will go on and on but still i am undecided :) Soory if you got bored or lazy for reading this long Blah Blah Blah ok ill end now =))

Ohh yeah i also got bored reading the long ones too.... so if i said the same thing then soory but it shows that we have the same thought and we have our likenesses we might get along just well.. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:12 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

ultimatedoom27 wrote:
Undecided, Because What if you are falsely accused and they have fake/just-made proof against you and you know what happens when you show proof people would believe and also what if its an accident? and also we have a God and he created us to love each other even ENEMIES/TERRORISTS, MURDERERS and ETC. we must love one another for he loves us too no matter what we cannot approve that God hates this guys because he killed someone so we must kill him no, from the bible when the son's of Adam and Eve killed each other did he kill him? did he do the Death penalty NO! he made a harsh punishment and banished him from the land and he even put a mark not to kill him showing even if he murdered you must not murder him too for you will also become a murderer but also that Take a Life and Give your is also good but the the persecutor who kills him must be killed too right cuz you killed a man..... it will go on and on but still i am undecided :) Soory if you got bored or lazy for reading this long Blah Blah Blah ok ill end now =))

Ohh yeah i also got bored reading the long ones too.... so if i said the same thing then soory but it shows that we have the same thought and we have our likenesses we might get along just well.. :D

I agree

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:14 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I geuss we should get rid of death penalty and just let God deal with them

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:29 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 YIM  Profile

AceSoldier wrote:
I agree

=)) And you said you were for death penalty, Im good at making other look in another perspective and learn more :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:33 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

ultimatedoom27 wrote:
AceSoldier wrote:
I agree

=)) And you said you were for death penalty, Im good at making other look in another perspective and learn more :D

:lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next