It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next

what are you
for 63%  63%  [ 39 ]
against 27%  27%  [ 17 ]
undecided 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 62
 Post subject: Re: Death penalty
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:09 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I read the link above....

well I must say ... if they could be kept in maximum security prison and harmless... there's no need for execution...

But I would like to give an example...

During a terrorist activity, one of them surrendered after being chased... when the officer was going towards him, he pretended to hands up but started firing as soon as the officer grew closer...
The officer took all the fire in his body and caught him and tooks repeated fires but never loosing his grip... thus leading to the capture of lone terrorist of the group on the cost of life of brave officer who died on spot...
The activity had resulted in death of over 200 innocent lives...

So if you were given the postion to choose punishment for the captured one what will you do?

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:05 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Throw him in Jail for life.

For example, on 26-Nov-2008, terrorists attacked India in Bombay. Everyone knows about this. One guy from Pakistan, got caught. His name is Ajmal Kasab. Now, he is this 20 yr old kid, from some remote village in Pakistan, who was offered 10,000USD, to go kill people.

Jews first. Americans and British people next. And Indians last. He did it. But got caught. Now, he is a dumbass. He is a poor kid, who fell for money, and did it because of his poverty. When you dont have anything in life, you hold on to something superficial like religion, race etc, to feel better about yourself. This is what he did.

When he was in interrogation, he started crying, and started saying that he will go kill anyone in Pakistan, LOL, if we gave him money.

He has indeed been handed the death penalty for killing around 100 people, and for war against the state, but it is currently being appealed in a higher court. Obviously, lawyers will make a big deal out of it, because they like the cameras :D

So, on the one hand you have a kid that killed lots of people. On the other hand you have a kid, that is dumb, who was willing to die just for 10,000 dollars, a kid that was used by the REAL criminals - his "handlers" being shielded in luxury in Pakistan.

I do feel anger against him, on the one hand, but on the other, feel sorry for his plight. Even my own countrymen will be against me for saying this but no I'd give him a life sentence and not the death penalty. Because killing him will not do any good. He was sent there to die anyway. But if he was alive, maybe he can help us identify and track down those real criminals and be of some use to the state in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:54 am 
Captain
Captain

JadenMDL wrote:
So if you were given the postion to choose punishment for the captured one what will you do?

thats the thing, it isnt up to me to play judge, jury and executioner. it is never proper for private justice. mob rule is what would get you killed, you dont get to appeal, you dont get to defend yourself fairly, you dont get representation. someone points at you and yells 'witch' and the mob goes nuts. its never mob rule, its the law governs all.

if i captured him, i would have my biases for sure, its the human condition, but you need a fair and impartial judge to look into the case. what if the story and situation differed slightly. what if this was on a continent away he was just an avid gun fan who carries a weapon around on him when suddenly armed people chase him. they dont show id. he offers to surrender then takes the opportunity to defend himself in panic by shooting the person.
mob rule: other dispatch officers in their untrained rage kill the man for shooting their comrade.
justice: aquitted due to poor handling of the chasing person who was overtly aggressive and did not identify himself. in many countries, the man would be aquitted.

it is never personal ideals judging and laying justice. i see people on the internet going 'omg, he punched a cat! he should die' and that is all well and said in words, but could you imagine this with an angry mob? an autistic boy mistakenly punches a cat. video of it spreads. angry mob corners him into a building and burn it down. lets just make it hypothetically worse, 3 homeless children were also inside the house.

1 autistic boy, 3 homeless children, 1 angry mob who really likes cats. by all means, bring criminals to justice, but never rely on pure emotion to come to the verdict, because that, can only end in tragedy.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:18 pm 
Captain
Captain

I should just start telling those who are "against" the death penalty that they want criminals to suffer in jail and be forced into near-slavery because they all have that mindset.

Thats probably not their viewpoint, well I know it's not because nobody actually wrote that... But I should keep saying it anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:31 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Its not really the case.

In India, the most dangerous prison, the most populated and the one that houses the worst criminals is the Tihar Jail in Delhi.

This lady Kiran Bedi, was the Jail warden. She was an IPS officer. She says - Going to jail, losing time and not having freedom that normal folks have, is in itself a very harsh punishment. So she instituted reforms. She improved conditions. She brought in Yoga classes. Music classes. Psychologists for group therapy. Taught the prisoners who were once goons and murderers, vocational courses, like tailoring for example.

And those people now get contracts from the governement. The jail even sells its products as a part of the small scale industry for cheap rates.

I believe people can be changed, and changes can be made. The death penalty, just kills people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:54 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 YIM  Profile

WoW! Tides are turning Back and Forth Get ready for a massive TSUNAMI!!! ohhhh yeah that reminds me Indonesia got like a huge earth quake not sure is 8.2 Magnitude? Dunno sorry LOL! but SOrry for those who are with problems and read this posts about death. Condolence to those who have lost their loved ones and Congrats to those who enemies were taken =))

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:01 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

LOL dude, start a new thread. Dont hijack this one :?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:33 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 YIM  Profile

mfreak wrote:
LOL dude, start a new thread. Dont hijack this one :?

ROFLOL! haha sorry it seems more appropriate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:52 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Well I ne'er well... people dont have the right to judge another..

I am just afraid of two things......
1) An innocent getting a death penalty due to lack of evidences...
2) A criminal is bailed and continues to commits them due to lack of evidences..

Its all comes back to this... evidences, and proofs.... many are rejected cause of being familial and so called emotion-based... and whatsoever.. Even though you say a lie-detector can tell... they are not accurate, only for yes-or-no and just if a suspect got caught.,

I sometime think fictious characters like SH and HP... were real... if would have been great.... you can say 50% crimes are not attended to properly... Its just the authorities who think they have got their hands full.. and leave the most important time to look for evidences alone..

The only thing that can do society do some good.. is rehabilition... probably it saddens me why someone will be willing to waste the life on revenge... Its just losing someone's dear ones is really frustrating and seeing the criminal not behind bars and not regretting can be worst thing that can happen to you....

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:16 am 
Captain
Captain

Diazepam wrote:
I should just start telling those who are "against" the death penalty that they want criminals to suffer in jail and be forced into near-slavery because they all have that mindset.

Thats probably not their viewpoint, well I know it's not because nobody actually wrote that... But I should keep saying it anyway.

no, but some of them have family, they can have visits, they can still lead lives, just not with society.

they are still made to contribute, but they arent rewarded for their contribution ($0.47 isnt fantastic)
i always prefer it that prisoners dont suffer, i prefer to be part of a society that isnt sadistic, rehabilitation is key, otherwise those that get released, come out worse then when they go in. creating destructive cycles does nothing. but really, in this case we are talking about people that dont want reform, that dont show regret for their actions, people who should not get parole, not for a long while.

there is a price to pay for breaking the law, im sure you understand that.

btw, today i learned that in dubai, you can get the death penalty for trafficking drugs. (including some pharmaceutical ones such as codeine)

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next