It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

what are you
for 63%  63%  [ 39 ]
against 27%  27%  [ 17 ]
undecided 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 62
 Post subject: Re: Death penalty
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:06 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

oh again this abt money spent on criminal....

not this again, well the money not being spent on a homeless person is not the fault of cash inflowing for maintenance of Jails and criminals...

Its just that money supposed to be used to help atleast some of poor guys are being pocketed by corrupt officials and when they are cought what happens, money goes back to govt and another set of corrupt officials appear...

YOu see the problem lies in effiiceincy of delivery and commitment system and not the fault of criminal , I rather say more be used in rehabilition of them, to make them change their criminal mind and clear their record and turn their guilt into regret and then ....

BUt I believe there are some who cant be changed, cuz they believe they have changed too much to be changed again and something like that, some refuse to change unless its not crime addiction , but that too ... But efforts be made so evryone can fit in society to bring a wider range of Justice...

Max Rank: 5

Bored, isnt there something that will do it...?

NOTE: Animes are just Awesome...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:03 am 
Private
Private

I'm against. life time imprisonment is worse than death penalty, so there is no reason for us to kill the person. and also death penalty gives greedy people more opportunity to kill their enemies.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 am 
Captain
Captain

Quote:
life time imprisonment is worse than death penalty,

Surely if it is worse you would be 'for' the other option?
Unless you mean worse for the criminal, in which case shows your thought process of wanting revenge by making the criminal suffer.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:25 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

darkwind12 wrote:
and also death penalty gives greedy people more opportunity to kill their enemies.

What? You do know how hard it is to get on death row, right? Not like it's something to be aspired to, but still. Do you think that the prisons of the US are just run by gangs and corrupt power seeking narcissists?

Like someone could manipulate the system that easily. If you think that you're either foolish or too cynical.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:04 pm 
Corporal
Corporal

I am for death penalty.

The two MAIN reasons:

1. The death penalty gives closure to the victim's families who have suffered so much - Some family members of crime victims may take years or decades to recover from the shock and loss of a loved one. Some may never recover. One of the things that helps hasten this recovery is to achieve some kind of closure. Life in prison just means the criminal is still around to haunt the victim. A death sentence brings finality to a horrible chapter in the lives of these family members.

2. Justice is better served - The most fundamental principle of justice is that the punishment should fit the crime. When someone plans and brutally murders another person, doesn't it make sense that the punishment for the perpetrator also be death?

So, I say, Death Penalty must be implemented. :)

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:39 am 
Captain
Captain

SoulReaperAsh wrote:
1. The death penalty gives closure to the victim's families who have suffered so much - Some family members of crime victims may take years or decades to recover from the shock and loss of a loved one. Some may never recover. One of the things that helps hasten this recovery is to achieve some kind of closure. Life in prison just means the criminal is still around to haunt the victim. A death sentence brings finality to a horrible chapter in the lives of these family members.

How is that criminal haunting the victim? with their inability to harass the victim and their life behind bars? no one should be getting closure from the death of another, society degenerates when people feel better at the death of others, isnt that how the criminals feel?

closure should be felt at the funeral, where the solemn speeches are given, tears are shed, emotion given. not at the taking of another life.

2. Justice is better served - The most fundamental principle of justice is that the punishment should fit the crime. When someone plans and brutally murders another person, doesn't it make sense that the punishment for the perpetrator also be death?

An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth resulted in people who stole having their hands cut off. That isnt justice. That is barbarity. As is the death penalty. We are better than this, we are more advanced. Mr Jig Saw horribly tortured people in sick games of his. Will you horribly torture Jigsaw for justice? Is it justice? Or is it just sadistic barbarianism.

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:00 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Even with death penalty implemented, there's still life imprisonment. But, isn't the point of prison to contain dangerous people, and punish them badly enough for them to recognize the error of their ways and be benefitial to society when that person pays his dues? I believe life imprisonment is just a waste of resources: that person will NEVER do anything producent for society as he/she is hellbent into breaking society and the mere fact that that person was condemned to such a punishment means the justice system recognizes this. But putting them away just gives them a break, still leaves them a ray of hope because they are alive and could attempt to escape. Even if it isn't so easy, they can cause damage in trying, and force the government to pay a huge sum of money to keep them there. In my view life imprisonment is just a tool for the criminals to keep wasting their time on Earth. Or the Moon if the conspiracy theories are right.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:20 am 
Major
Major
 WWW  Profile

Ryan wrote:
im for the death penalty, if you take a life you should also have yours taken form you. [/color]

That logic doesn't work, that would also imply that whoever killed the "murderer" would also be killed. Or what if the convicted turned out to be innocent? what then?

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Yes. People say have a heart, well I do. I also have something called logic. What some people fail to realize is that the more prisoners, the more money the state has to spend. They should just kill people that have committed violent crimes, most of them are psychopaths that wouldn't give two *CENSORED* about what happens to themselves or others. Psychopaths and sociopaths that don't feel emotion shouldn't be felt sorry for. Simple as that.

In the current system, the death penalty costs more than life in prison.
Want to make it cheaper? that will only cause more innocent people to be executed.

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Oh, and don't forget how many gang members are in prison, and how many gangs are prison based.

That is a problem with prisons, not the lack of punishment.

Diazepam wrote:
Quote:
Morally - Wrong In your opinion
Culturally - Barbaric In your opinion
Economically - NOT economical You base this on the way it's done in the USA
Effectively - Ineffective In your opinion

I know you aren't the smartest, but you do realize the US is the only developed country where it costs so much? in any developed country(read : Europa, japan, South-korea, Australia/NZ) it would cost that much. It exists to prevent the innocent from being killed, lower it below the cost of life in prison and you're putting a price-tag on human lives(the innocent included).

sabnc wrote:
It cost
mfreak wrote:

Key is to have a prison system that does not make things worse, but makes things better. So in a society, to lower crime rates if education and standard of living are important factors, then why not spend more money on that, than on killing people in jails?

You're contradicting yourself. It definitely costs less money to inject someone with a chemical than to feed them for 40 years,provide housing, and spend money on guards. Also rehabilitation only worked for people without life sentences. People who spend their whole life in jail do not contribute. If they don't have a chance to be reinstated in society they should not just be a drain on resources.

You forgot about all the other costs of a death penalty?
Like the trail for example?

dylsupreme1 wrote:
So Ducky. You're saying that if someone kills people, he shouldn't be killed himself?

Guess what? Prison isn't even bad to people like that. Or regular people. I read a story where a guy stayed in prison 14 years just to avoid paying alimony.

http://www.judicialaccountability.org/a ... /7year.htm

I'm just saying. Why worry about taking the moral high ground? Rapists and murderers certainly don't, and they could care less what happens to themselves or others. Give sympathy to those who deserve it. Most of those people are sociopaths and psychopaths that take advantage of people and hurt them, and they would still do that before, during, and after prison. I don't care if it's "similar to nazi eugenics", because those type of people are mentally deficient and don't deserve to live.

Why risk killing the innocent for a chance at feeling a fake sense of "justice".

Total amount of crystals/relics obtained 2500~/11

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:01 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

so what i can see so far is people are for it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Quote:
Why risk killing the innocent for a chance at feeling a fake sense of "justice".

I doubt anyone on death row is innocent.

Spoiler:
TKT - Rank 10 E3
NICT - Rank 9 F2

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next