It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: USA, why is america bad
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:14 am 
Captain
Captain

msomeoneelsez wrote:
Anyways, you underestimate the power of people's generosity. History has proven that the American people are some of the most generous people in the world. Of course that was back much more true back a couple generations when taxes weren't constantly increasing as the welfare state expanded, and when inflation was under much better control, but that isn't saying it has changed today.

1. remove almost socially forced religious donations, only donations out of the heart and not to fit in or get glared at.
2. do it by a % basis, not a $ basis since, quite frankly Americans make ****loads more then anyone else on average and total. (added the total cause Luxembourg is lame)
3. stop living in the past. a couple generations ago, USA barely had integrated foreign markets, have a nice little slave trade and the whole world knows less then wikipedia when it comes to science

Just take a look at the American Red Cross... They are so good that I would just let them take care of disaster relief instead of the government... Just have the military help in the initial disaster (they are AMAZING at that) and then kill off FEMA so they can't screw up again like after Katrina... once again, let charities and organizations do that.

FEMA did fail hard. so did the NRA trying to make a quick buck by quickly spreading the word that you need a gun to protect your stuff. yeah, the red cross globally has proved repeatedly that it is competent.

And then guess what?! You are going to see a lot more people helping, and being HAPPY for helping... they are going to know that their money went directly to helping someone in need instead of being wasted up in the bureaucratic mess that is the US Government.

slippery slope.

Once again, before you try to tell me that won't happen, history has shown perfectly well how that works just as I say. Don't believe me? Look it up.

the world you are living in is the 13th century.
welcome to the 21st. new dogs, new tricks.
old dogs get eaten alive by the new chihuahuas on steroids with LASERS ON THEIR HEAD.
im just saying, the situation that your "proposed" system was in place is not the situation USA is in today. im not saying you cant benefit from the constitution, or from lessons from history, im saying that being a backwards country wont get you far. if you try to apply marketing back then to marketing today, your bottom line will fall.

replied to all that wasnt flung at sylis :3

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:19 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

msomeoneelsez wrote:
Wasn't it you who put something about the 10 forum commandments or something which stated not to make up a statistic? Kind of ironic here lol

Anyways, you underestimate the power of people's generosity. History has proven that the American people are some of the most generous people in the world. Of course that was back much more true back a couple generations when taxes weren't constantly increasing as the welfare state expanded, and when inflation was under much better control, but that isn't saying it has changed today.

I lived here 21 years, and no they're not.

What you read isn't always true, by my experience people are more selfish than generous. I base that on every single being i know and by every single day i have been alive. I don't have to read to realize it, I actually have a life were to find out about things i don't have to read an article were 80% of what the guy is writing is bull-s. I actually live through it.

People always look out for their interest first, sure there are some nice people but you can't generalize and say its all of the USA.

white lady says:Obama said "I'm going to turn this country into a Marxism country". Its a reliable source, some guy with a pointy white mask gave it to me.

Last edited by patzz on Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:22 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Christ Ducky thanks for post stealing :(

Ah well, you at least left me the things he aim directly at me.

Quote:
Wasn't it you who put something about the 10 forum commandments or something which stated not to make up a statistic? Kind of ironic here lol

I said I'd bet, meaning it was an opinion rather than a statistic. Making up statistics would be to say, "Only 5% of people on welfare abuse it."

Post subject: Re: USA, why is america bad Reply with quote

Just take a look at the American Red Cross... They are so good that I would just let them take care of disaster relief instead of the government... Just have the military help in the initial disaster (they are AMAZING at that) and then kill off FEMA so they can't screw up again like after Katrina... once again, let charities and organizations do that.

And then guess what?! You are going to see a lot more people helping, and being HAPPY for helping... they are going to know that their money went directly to helping someone in need instead of being wasted up in the bureaucratic mess that is the US Government.

Once again, before you try to tell me that won't happen, history has shown perfectly well how that works just as I say. Don't believe me? Look it up.

Quote:
Sylis wrote:
Imagine a world where it wasn't? The amount of children put up for adoption would grow exponentially. If the household earner gets hurt and cant work. What happens then? The children are put up for adoption or are split up among relatives, and we just have to hope that they have a spouse they can become a burden to.

Please tell me how this relates to the quote you took from me? Honestly, I don't see the connection between someone getting hurt on the job and welfare... There are already things like disability insurance and payment for those hurt on the job by the company they're employed by. For the latter there was some government regulation required, but it was all fully within constitutional bounds, and was absolutely necessary and proper.

You said you don't believe it should be a burden on others. I say imagine the world if it wasn't. If you still don't get it, your being sarcastic or stupid. Either way I'm not gonna break down the English language and simple concepts for you.

Quote:

slippery slope.

Why not cut 75% of the military funds and hire mercenary's?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:54 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

mrducky wrote:
1. remove almost socially forced religious donations, only donations out of the heart and not to fit in or get glared at.

Actually, that is what I am referring to.

mrducky wrote:
3. stop living in the past. a couple generations ago, USA barely had integrated foreign markets, have a nice little slave trade and the whole world knows less then wikipedia when it comes to science

You are thinking further back than I am. Sorry broski.

As for the slavery comment, nearly every "western" country had that. Many of our founding fathers fought to remove slavery in the writing of the Constitution, but the people weren't ready for that. That is a fact. Another fact, America has gotten rid of slavery, that was what? 140 years ago? Just doing some estimation there because I really don't care the exact length of time.

Now here is one thing that I really want to address... I am not living in the past, I am merely learning from it.

Quick question: Was the US the first to adopt a government based on unalienable human rights, freedom, and government by the people, for the people?

No.

The Israelites and the Anglo-Saxons were the only two entities who ever did so before. That is why Thomas Jefferson calls the basis for this country the "Ancient Principles." They worked for all three groups until the people allowed the government to waver away from these principles.

You see, the founding fathers learned from the past to create one of the best nations this Earth has ever known.

Anyways, to get back onto the actual reply to you guys...

mrducky wrote:
slippery slope.

How was that slippery slope? Seriously, that is a fact... people donating directly to a cause are happier than those who have their money forcibly taken (taxes) and distributed through welfare, even if they know exactly who that money is going to, and if they would have directly given it to them themselves. You underestimate the power of free will in giving happiness.

mrducky wrote:
the world you are living in is the 13th century.
welcome to the 21st. new dogs, new tricks.
old dogs get eaten alive by the new chihuahuas on steroids with LASERS ON THEIR HEAD.
im just saying, the situation that your "proposed" system was in place is not the situation USA is in today. im not saying you cant benefit from the constitution, or from lessons from history, im saying that being a backwards country wont get you far. if you try to apply marketing back then to marketing today, your bottom line will fall.

You obviously have no understanding of why the Constitution is so great, or why I believe the way that I do. Seriously, look into it, try, for ONCE in your life, to understand what the actual principles are behind the Constitution and why they are there. After you truly understand it, THEN you have the right to your opinion that it is "backwards," if you still believe that, that is. I highly doubt you will.

Also, the 13th Century... that is WAY before America... Just an FYI...

patzz wrote:
What you read isn't always true, by my experience people are more selfish than generous. I base that on every single being i know and by every single day i have been alive. I don't have to read to realize it, I actually have a life were to find out about things i don't have to read an article were 80% of what the guy is writing is bull-s. I actually live through it.

Are you insinuating that I read this in a book?

I too use my daily experiences to guide my opinions. I see a lot of people who genuinely want to do good, and who enjoy helping others. Are there genuinely selfish people out there? Yeah, you will never truly get rid of that. My point is that there is enough generosity to extremely outweigh the selfishness.

patzz wrote:
People always look out for their interest first, sure there are some nice people but you can't generalize and say its all of the USA.

I just want to be clear here... just because someone may look after themselves first doesn't mean that they aren't extremely generous.

Most people, in my experience, might look after themselves first, but they do help others as well.

Sylis wrote:
I said I'd bet, meaning it was an opinion rather than a statistic. Making up statistics would be to say, "Only 5% of people on welfare abuse it."

That you did, I was reading fast and missed that distinction.

Sylis wrote:
You said you don't believe it should be a burden on others. I say imagine the world if it wasn't. If you still don't get it, your being sarcastic or stupid. Either way I'm not gonna break down the English language and simple concepts for you.

Did you even read what I said?

I don't believe the mistakes of one should be a burden on ALL others, meaning welfare through government taxes. I also completely showed why the example you gave is not a burden on all others.

I am not missing the english language, or "simple concepts" but rather, I am missing how your original response even relates to my original statement. In other words, I was asking for CLARIFICATION. It was a simple way of giving you a chance to revisit your own words and fix anything you miswrote. Excuse me for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Sylis wrote:
Why not cut 75% of the military funds and hire mercenary's?

I laughed at this statement. First I asked myself "wth is he talking about?" Then I thought "maybe he is referring to the bureaucratic mess that I referred to" and so I reread your statement. I laughed more because then you are just giving me an incredibly easy target to hit.

First things first, I took a very quick look for the estimated percentage of the US budget that is defense spending (wikipedia quick.)
Quote:
Including spending for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Homeland Security, and Veteran's Affairs, defense spending was approximately $800 billion, or 32% of 2008 tax receipts of $2.5 trillion.

So... 32%... pretty high, but then again, this is us being involved in 2 wars, and the whole war on terrorism fraud. If I had my way, that would be much lower anyways...

Back on topic though! Lets say you cut 75% of the military budget and replace them with mercenaries... Well, then you have an incredibly EASY way for corruption to rise up. If you don't understand why, then you don't understand how mercenaries work.

Either way though, as much of a destruction of value that the military is, I do not in any way condone the removal of it. The military is all about protecting what already exists as value (when used correctly... cough*) and is absolutely necessary to maintain when considering who else is in the world, and what other types of government are in use.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:55 am 
Captain
Captain

just like to say... NICE POST ITS FREAKING HUGE!!!

and... yay me first :3

Quote:
Actually, that is what I am referring to.

thats not charity, its payment. its like scientology claiming its money is based on charitable grounds (they actually do, WTF). sure, some is good will, but a good hefty sum is forced by sociological standards.

Quote:
I am not living in the past, I am merely learning from it.

i beg to differ. yes you are learning from the past, but your obsession seems to be that
"it has worked before, if we copy it, it will work again
it used to be NO welfare and USA did fine.."
<history :3>

my point was that what worked before wont work again with integrated markets, china as another domineering force using capitalism against capitalism (its actually more like fascism if i say so myself (pssst, corporationism made my uncle a multimillionaire, china is great if you support the party))

Quote:
You underestimate the power of free will in giving happiness.

funny cause your reply to number 1 points in the DIRECT OPPOSITE.

as for the constitution, while it serves a very important purpose, such a rigid although somewhat flexible piece of legislation does not work well with the changing world that is today. if USA kept to the "we only fight wars in defense", USA would have no trading partners today.. if you do want to play by the rules do you know how hard it is to pass a referendum or amendment through? by then you could have lost everything. im just saying, it has its uses, its uses are limited.

Quote:
Also, the 13th Century... that is WAY before America... Just an FYI...

so the native americans dont count do they? jokes, i was exaggerating, part of exaggerating is that you fluff a fact so it is false. welcome TO THE FUTURE! (see the exaggeration again?)

Quote:
Most people, in my experience, might look after themselves first, but they do help others as well.

ie. Bill Gates (rampaged over competition, now helps the starving and poor in africa) its good to have something to back up a claim rather then just claim it in opinion.

i know you are directing stuff at sylis but let me pipe in :3

USA spends 49% of the worlds total budget on military.
Nato is like 28% (made up-ish, element of truth here)
Russia sucks up a good amount also.
everyone else is near negligible.

just saying... OVERKILL!!!

Quote:
Well, then you have an incredibly EASY way for corruption to rise up. If you don't understand why, then you don't understand how mercenaries work.

mercenaries+bureaucracy=awesome failure
mercenaries get paid on a terrorist by terrorist salary with a baseline pay.
there are reports of people that the mercs state are definitely terrorists, they get held in gitmo as a trophy to the world that the politicians are doing something... then... a couple years later after some light torture they get released on the condition they sign some things that say they can never tell their story or they face proper incarceration that has reason (the "terrorist" told people about the injustice :( )

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:03 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

mrducky wrote:
just like to say... NICE POST ITS FREAKING HUGE!!!

Haha, I just wrote what my responses were... thanks? :D

mrducky wrote:
thats not charity, its payment. its like scientology claiming its money is based on charitable grounds (they actually do, *CENSORED*). sure, some is good will, but a good hefty sum is forced by sociological standards.

Although I admit I could have written that statement much more clearly, you effed up BAD. I was trying to say that I was referring to those who are not societally pressured. Does that make some more sense now?

mrducky wrote:
i beg to differ. yes you are learning from the past, but your obsession seems to be that
"it has worked before, if we copy it, it will work again
it used to be NO welfare and USA did fine.."

Once again, you do not understand the Constitution. I am done trying to explain this because it is obvious you do not want to understand it, if you did then you would listen, and maybe even do a little work yourself to understand it.

BTW: Never try to summarize an argument that you don't understand ever again, because it has worked before, if we learn from it, possibly improve it by using real scrutiny and experience as a guide, it will work again, possibly even better. In fact, in every example in history, those "ancient principles" were the single most successful principles on the face of this earth. That is why I believe so strongly that we should return to those principles, and to limit the government from diverting from them ever again, not by changing the Constitution, but by educating the people.

Also, I am not saying that no welfare is a good idea... I am just saying that everything needs to be in moderation, and everything needs to be looked at from as many sides as possible.

But just as a side note here... I want you to look up "Prosperity Economics" and educate yourself a little bit about it... Just get to the point that you understand the major points, and then come back and have a discussion about welfare and other socialistic tendencies with me.

As for your picture though, I hope that was just an attempt at being funny... the only good example of that picture is the great depression, and that was a very different picture than nearly every other time in US history.

mrducky wrote:
my point was that what worked before wont work again with integrated markets, china as another domineering force using capitalism against capitalism (its actually more like fascism if i say so myself (pssst, corporationism made my uncle a multimillionaire, china is great if you support the party))

And my point is that you say that because you don't understand how these things actually work.

As for China's style of economics, (btw, capitalism and fascism are entirely different things anyways) they have many capitalistic principles coupled with their communist governmental style (and yes, they are communist... the opposite of fascist...) Other than that I don't have much to say, I don't pay enough attention there.

mrducky wrote:
as for the constitution, while it serves a very important purpose, such a rigid although somewhat flexible piece of legislation does not work well with the changing world that is today.

I say again, you do not understand the Constitution.

mrducky wrote:
if USA kept to the "we only fight wars in defense", USA would have no trading partners today..

Slippery slope. Sorry buddy, had to say it.

Also, I never said that wars should only be in defense. I believe that for the most part they should be, because having troops in over 120 countries in the world (don't remember the exact number, just know its above 120) is just absurd, and fighting 2 wars, one of them justified, is just stupid, etc. etc.

mrducky wrote:
if you do want to play by the rules do you know how hard it is to pass a referendum or amendment through? by then you could have lost everything. im just saying, it has its uses, its uses are limited.

Just saying, you don't understand the Constitution.

The whole purpose of the Constitution is to limit the government in a way that keeps people's freedom while allowing governmental power to still exist. The point is that government cannot be too big or too small, because either of those possibilities causes major problems.

Seriously, look into what the Constitution is all about.

mrducky wrote:
so the native americans dont count do they? jokes, i was exaggerating, part of exaggerating is that you fluff a fact so it is false. welcome TO THE FUTURE! (see the exaggeration again?)

I fully understand exaggeration, as well as sarcasm. I also understand that it is incredibly hard to portray either of those through text and have it be received as such by the reader. That is why I try to leave them out of my posts (unless I just can't resist it.)

mrducky wrote:
ie. Bill Gates (rampaged over competition, now helps the starving and poor in africa) its good to have something to back up a claim rather then just claim it in opinion.

Its good, but I honestly don't care enough... if people want to dispute what my experiences are, well... more power to them I guess, they are just idiots for it.

mrducky wrote:
USA spends 49% of the worlds total budget on military.
Nato is like 28% (made up-ish, element of truth here)
Russia sucks up a good amount also.
everyone else is near negligible.

just saying... OVERKILL!!!

Me too. There is no reason (as stated earlier) why we should have troops in most countries in the world. There is no reason why we should be the world's police force (we suck at it anyways...)

Although, when you consider how much of that money is wasted by corruption, or just plain inefficiency, it becomes more understandable why there is so much money put into it... lol

mrducky wrote:
mercenaries+bureaucracy=awesome failure
mercenaries get paid on a terrorist by terrorist salary with a baseline pay.
there are reports of people that the mercs state are definitely terrorists, they get held in gitmo as a trophy to the world that the politicians are doing something... then... a couple years later after some light torture they get released on the condition they sign some things that say they can never tell their story or they face proper incarceration that has reason (the "terrorist" told people about the injustice )

Other than the first statement, I have no comment on this... I don't know enough about the subject :D

But the equation is quite good. Props.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:36 am 
Captain
Captain

Meh , i heart America !
They have the best entertainment (movies , games) of the world
I love the english language (dont even dear mention the UK.....)
and the people are nice =3

As far as politics go with my country , they support NATO to protect us.
But , we did lose some soldiers supporting the US in Iraq , so thats negative...

Post subject: 2000 per day of yield and no big huge starting capital
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:04 am 
Private
Private
 WWW  ICQ  Profile

No ads!

~Hero

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:32 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

ummm.... delete that post??

geez, look at the TOS please...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:09 pm 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

I think we should lock this post :S, in my opinion btw america is bad,europe is bad,asia is bad,everything destroying the planet little by little is bad for me.

But in general a country is not made by the gonverment actions but from its ppl living there :S There are some bad persons and there are good ones too :S
To sum up:Its the same everywhere :S

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next