It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: What's the problem with proxies and how do they work?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:47 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

All I see is people accusing others of using proxies to gain an advantage. What are they, and how are they relevant to things such as making multies and account sharing?

And no I'm not asking this because I want to use them and gain control of all the worlds. ;)

Post subject: Re: What's the problem with proxies and how do they work?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:14 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Proxies re-route your connection. Basically you're on your own computer using a different IP. See how multi comes into the equation...?

Many times I need to proxy (use an IP from, say, Ukraine) to be able to access BD. Because I have a Chinese IP I can't get into BD.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Generally when you request a website it is much like calling someone on the phone.

You request someones number (IP Adress, each person and website has one. 208.43.109.222 for Battle Dawn) based on someones name (Domain Name, http://battledawn.com) from the servers.

Then you call it, you request/send information to it (say, an image, or the 50+- images it takes to load a website!) and for each connection it approves or denies your request and gives you what it thinks you should have.

What the Staff does when a player cheats, is refuse some connections to the game from his unique number (IP Adress) to prevent him from requesting certain information. Furthermore, they see if one IP Adress is being used by multiple accounts.

Sounds good, no?

Well, there's two issues.

1:. Some providers are a bit... Stubborn... and offer their user an IP Adress that isn't static and unique like usually, but changes whenever they restart their router (dynamic IP). This makes it easy to pretend to be someone else and hard to get banned permanently.

2:. There are servers that take your request to another server, request what you want themself from that other server using their own IP adress then give it to you. Making it impossible for the Staff to ever know who actually requested it!

I hope that answers your question.

Alexander
Product Manager
Battle Dawn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:20 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Thanks Alex and Dawnice :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:34 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
1:. Some providers are a bit... Stubborn... and offer their user an IP Adress that isn't static and unique like usually, but changes whenever they restart their router (dynamic IP). This makes it easy to pretend to be someone else and hard to get banned permanently.

That isnt so difficult to find out. I have a dynamic IP. Therefore everytime I switch off and switch on my router, I get a new IP assigned. This is what most people do, to create multies, account share etc., The problem is, these dynamic IPs follow a pattern. For example:

1st try:

2nd try:

See what I mean? Its very easy to get caught.The only way to successfully cheat, is to use the Proxy IP changer software that is available online. BD also has a list of these most famous proxy sites, what those IPs are. Maybe they have more, but...its advisable not to do it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]