It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: In 2016...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:17 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Yes my name is Dylan. And I see your point. :)

-TiGeR

Worlds I play currently:
-E3

Names:
-TiGeR(E3/era 19)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:28 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

My name's Dylan too :D

Bow before the Dylan's, forumers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:34 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Lol. :lol:

-TiGeR

Worlds I play currently:
-E3

Names:
-TiGeR(E3/era 19)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:41 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

I'll bow, but you'll have to kiss my azz Dylans. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:53 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Yuk! :oops: (pukes)

-TiGeR

Worlds I play currently:
-E3

Names:
-TiGeR(E3/era 19)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:03 pm 
Captain
Captain

Guess how long people in the rest of the world were allowed to carry firearms for before proper laws were put in place?

And guess how long people in the rest of the world were allowed to (and was culturaly the norm) to carry around swords and other such deadly weapons, before laws were put in place to prevent it? A very long time. I'm sure when the laws were put in place, people weren't too happy about it. But it had to be done at some stage.

America are just late on doing this. Although they are a very new nation. So I suppose we need to cut them some slack and let them mature in their own time.

(Also, don't take this post entirely serious)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:16 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

There might be a factor were not considering: even if it is true that ppl who want a gun to misuse it, will get it law or not. But, then the law wouldnt be able to even arrest them for such a crime. There might be cases where a simple arms possesion can help resolve even mayor cases; it doesnt only happen in Law & Order... Plus, what Allen said expanding on what I said (thx btw) is damn true: if any kind of war happens, civvies would just get in the way, armed or not. The only use guns have are so they make ppl feel safe, but it doesnt actually make them safe. What Obama wants with this is to make you safe rather that FEELING safe. Even the trainers tell you to pull a cellphone before getting your gun if some1 breaks into your home. Bottom line, guns are overrated, and the Constitution was made to protect the lifes of the ppl in the best way, building a government able to do such duty: it is even necessary that such government changes it if it does hurt the safety of the ppl.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:54 am 
Captain
Captain

ahahaha

i remember the daily show recently laughing at how obama has failed to keep the election promises his opponents make for him.
-he didnt break the gun lobby, he didnt socialize the economy (he took taxpayers money and gave it to banks), he didnt destroy the churches, he didnt reveal himself to be satan.
he didnt open up so called 'death camps', he didnt turn USA into a communist nation, he didnt open the borders and let every single mexican live in USA, he didnt bring terrorists to justice (isnt that right osama bin lade- OH WAIT.)

face it. romney and santorum are leading the republican candidate race and they BOTH still trail obama by 10%+ in a head to head preference, ron paul, who has been receiving far fewer the delegates than i had hoped is a better challenge.

at the current rate, even if fox news teams with various organisations like the NRA to go into scare mongering overdrive, the complete lack of a proper candidate means obama is currently locked in for another term.

lets look at how things are.
1. republicans have control of senate. -> no obama cannot suddenly kill the current gun ownership laws.
2. obama may only have one term left, but his party will want to stay in office. aka. he will need to maintain democrat support. -> no obama cannot suddenly kill the current gun ownership laws.
3. obama is only the president, even if he wanted to, he has to pass through a bill that goes through the houses and the senate. a bill that rings alarm bells for basically everyone right and left due to the 2nd constitution. -> no, obama hasnt made deals with satan/is the spawn of satan. he cant kill the current gun ownership laws.

its scaremongering and it is nothing new. there are checks and balances. people complain that they bog down the process of decision making, that they result in stalemates and prevent good bill creation (such as that lobbyist for tax reform guy having a TONNE of senators who will not pass through a bill that raises taxes with a solemn oath) despite USA having a massive debt deficit

-> ducky out. (its a big post and covers a lot but thats because i check back irregularly.)

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Those are very good arguments in a political point of view, but thats not what were doing here... Were arguing wether restricting gun accessibility is right or not. I know, it's election times, but let's try to leave it out of the discussion here... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:23 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

OBAMA as in the PRESIDENT wants to OUTLAW guns. Saying that someone can't bring up government and politics in this discussion is ridiculous.

Oh, and amendment 2. So it was bound to come up eventually. Oh wait. It already did.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next