It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: If slavery was widely accepted...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:18 am 
Captain
Captain

Ah ok ahaha. What was the gist of it and who posted it?

Post subject: Re: If slavery was widely accepted...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:24 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Yeah dont remove comments that are racist please. Id like to give him a piece of my mind, even if its just rolling :lol: Now am sad :cry:

Quote:
You would have been brought up in a society where it is accepted. You wouldn't have learned about it in school as if it was such a terrible thing. Just part of every day life, the same way as you have pets that do tricks for treats. Except the slaves are valuable and do much better tricks.

You MAY be right. But I think we would fight it because of our very own nature thats deep down inside of us. That seeks liberation, even in societies like ours today, where we dont have slavery. For example, we try to become as rich as possible, so we dont incur debt - although thats a futile attempt :)

Children disobey their parents, because they wanna do what they wanna do, and if not allowed, they will do it secretly without parents knowledge. etc etc

So I think seeking independence, liberation and freedom, is in our blood. Its in your blood if you are a human being. I think its gotta do with self preservation and individual identity and pride. You cant fight primal instincts my friend :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2