It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: If slavery was widely accepted...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:08 am 
Captain
Captain

Would you be a happier person?

(Assuming you and people you know are not slaves)

Post subject: Re: If slavery was widely accepted...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:35 am 
Major
Major

No, I would be fighting it.

(that is of course saying that my ideals in this new reality would be much like they are now)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:41 am 
Captain
Captain

You would have been brought up in a society where it is accepted. You wouldn't have learned about it in school as if it was such a terrible thing. Just part of every day life, the same way as you have pets that do tricks for treats. Except the slaves are valuable and do much better tricks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:43 am 
Major
Major

Diazepam wrote:
You would have been brought up in a society where it is accepted. You wouldn't have learned about it in school as if it was such a terrible thing. Just part of every day life, the same way as you have pets that do tricks for treats. Except the slaves are valuable and do much better tricks.

Yeah, that's why I said if my values were somewhat the same.

But then again the whole idea of equal rights had to come from somewhere...

Maybe I would be the spark.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:46 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Just because you learn about in school or grow up around it doesn't mean you pick it up as well. My family's religious and I'm an atheist, for example. So no. I would be opposed to it. Only this time I would try to not cause a war.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:47 am 
Major
Major

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Just because you learn about in school or grow up around it doesn't mean you pick it up as well. My family's religious and I'm an atheist, for example. So no. I would be opposed to it. Only this time I would try to not cause a war.

Awwh why no war? and that brings up another question, what would the U.S be like if the North did not unite the U.S with war? (What would it be like today?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:44 am 
Major
Major

Quote:
well it would be like europe, all different countrys crammed in a tiny place

This alone made me lose faith that that comment wouldn't be extremely ignorant.

Dude, have you ever seen a real black person on Fox news? theres your white channel xD

Also, what about all of the white people we celebrate on holidays that black people didn't get the chance to have a famous person do something great because we were to busy forcing them to do labor.

There are black doctors and scientists that exceed, and are superior to you and your intelligence. Blaming them for crime is also ignorant, I live in a almost all white community and we still have crime? Why do you ask? Because we are human beings and we do bad stuff sometimes.

God that was the most ignorant comment I have ever seen on this forum. Do you work on a farm, because I can tell you first hand that there is no way in hell I would work 15 hours a day for free.

*Sigh*

If you believe in slavery so much than why don't you try it?

EDIT
Okay okay okay, so i read it again and had to comment on the idiocy of this entire comment. They did have history, great history did you ever watch Roots? What about all of the white dictators killing millions of people a year? Are you saying that that in itself is not a crime?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 am 
Captain
Captain

Jake wrote:
Quote:
well it would be like europe, all different countrys crammed in a tiny place

This alone made me lose faith that that comment wouldn't be extremely ignorant.

Dude, have you ever seen a real black person on Fox news? theres your white channel xD

Also, what about all of the white people we celebrate on holidays that black people didn't get the chance to have a famous person do something great because we were to busy forcing them to do labor.

There are black doctors and scientists that exceed, and are superior to you and your intelligence. Blaming them for crime is also ignorant, I live in a almost all white community and we still have crime? Why do you ask? Because we are human beings and we do bad stuff sometimes.

God that was the most ignorant comment I have ever seen on this forum. Do you work on a farm, because I can tell you first hand that there is no way in hell I would work 15 hours a day for free.

*Sigh*

If you believe in slavery so much than why don't you try it?

EDIT
Okay okay okay, so i read it again and had to comment on the idiocy of this entire comment. They did have history, great history did you ever watch Roots? What about all of the white dictators killing millions of people a year? Are you saying that that in itself is not a crime?

What? I have a feeling you may have posted this in the wrong thread. Either that or you are bringing a discussion from a different thread into this one? I'm not really sure..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:12 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Diazepam, the post before Jake was removed. Jake was posting in response to the post which has been removed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:13 am 
Major
Major

Racist comment was removed and now I look silly. :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next