It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Should the...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 WWW  Profile

then it's not the childs fault but the parents

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:17 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Huh? Why is the parents fault? Being overprotective may not be the best thing to do, but its certainly not wrong. Its only because they love the kids that much more. Anyway I might sound conservative here, but I dont think people should be havin sex in their teens when you should be concentrating on education, which should be priority number one. Mature enough or not. Its what determines your career and what kind of a life you have at 40. Have sex and such later on after you finish your schooling atleast. Today we see tons getting girls pregnant at 17, quitting school and takin a job up at Wendys to support their kids, which is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:33 pm 
Major
Major

mfreak wrote:
Huh? Why is the parents fault? Being overprotective may not be the best thing to do, but its certainly not wrong. Its only because they love the kids that much more. Anyway I might sound conservative here, but I dont think people should be havin sex in their teens when you should be concentrating on education, which should be priority number one. Mature enough or not. Its what determines your career and what kind of a life you have at 40. Have sex and such later on after you finish your schooling atleast. Today we see tons getting girls pregnant at 17, quitting school and takin a job up at Wendys to support their kids, which is ridiculous.

That's why its the job of the teen to educate themselves with the parents help.

Its her fault she messed up her life and shouldn't be the burden of the govt. to say when, thats like the govt. making you go on a diet because your a little overweight.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:57 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

:shock:

Originally I thought you meant 'should there be an age of consent for this game?'

*Shakes head*

:|

But Jake's right. It's the girls fault that she messed up her life. Hey, maybe there's an advantage to be gay after all, hmm? ;)

I mean hell, it's obvious what's going on. You can't blame the schools or the parents because quite frankly, I'm only in the seventh grade and we've already learnt everything, and I mean everything that there is to know about sex. But... when there's kids in elementary school watching '16 and pregnant'.........

Jake, the government does intervene with things. Concerning the weight issue, did you know that the government can legally take an obese kid from his/her family and put the kid in foster care? The government loves to poke their noses in other people's business. It's what they do.

Mfreak, you would be shocked to learn what goes on in my school with this stuff. And we're not even in the ghetto. :lol:

But Mfreak, I love how you said you have sex for the hell of it. It just makes this so much easier. How is it fair that adults can do what they want but responsible teens can't? Yes, I know, responsible teens. Those words don't go together, but I don't see why teenagers can't have sex if they use protection and act responsibly. Keep in mind I'm talking 15,16,17 etc. Not 13 and 14.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:11 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

age consent shouldnt be around, i see kids that are 13 dating 18 year olds, and so on and so forth. Rape does happen, and those men should be penalized for it, but its common to see a wide difference in age when it comes to that stuff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:34 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Technically they literally should be penalized. No one under 18 is legally allowed to be romantically revolved with someone 18 or older.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:06 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
But Mfreak, I love how you said you have sex for the hell of it. It just makes this so much easier. How is it fair that adults can do what they want but responsible teens can't? Yes, I know, responsible teens. Those words don't go together, but I don't see why teenagers can't have sex if they use protection and act responsibly. Keep in mind I'm talking 15,16,17 etc. Not 13 and 14.

I am not saying have sex for the heck of it. What I meant was, it doesnt always have to be love. I mean lets say you sleep with a girl on your 3rd date, doesnt necessarily mean you wanna start a family with her. What am trying to say is that there is a reason for the existence of legal age. By legal age the government attempts to determine an age when MOST people become mature, physically, mentally and emotionally. An age when people are WILLING to take responsibility and CAN take responsibility even if something adverse like getting a girl pregnant happens, without it quite affecting your career.

For example am 30 yrs old. If I get a girl pregnant now, I still have the means and maturity to take care of the kid. If YOU get a girl pregnant, you gotta quit school, get a job effectively ruining your career and education. The amount of adjustment will be drastic in your case.

This is why I said, its better people have sex after the legal age, so they would have some form of basic education and even if something adverse happens they still wont be affected THAT much, apart from taking responsibility (Which is a huge deal).

Tell me how many kids have sex in your school because they really need sex? They do it because its what everyone else does. Bein a virgin might be a thing of shame. You know how peer pressure works.

Secondly, I love how you guys say its the girls fault. One more reason why you guys shouldn't be having sex at such a young age. You gotta be responsible and ensure safety and show concern when you sleep with a girl. Both are equally responsible. I never had sex in my teens. I had sex for the first time when I was 21-22. Trust me it worked out far better than it would have if I had had sex in my teens. I probably wouldnt have worked too hard in school or in college etc., But thats just me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:25 am 
Major
Major

mfreak wrote:
Quote:

I am not saying have sex for the heck of it. What I meant was, it doesnt always have to be love. I mean lets say you sleep with a girl on your 3rd date, doesnt necessarily mean you wanna start a family with her. What am trying to say is that there is a reason for the existence of legal age. By legal age the government attempts to determine an age when MOST people become mature, physically, mentally and emotionally. An age when people are WILLING to take responsibility and CAN take responsibility even if something adverse like getting a girl pregnant happens, without it quite affecting your career.

For example am 30 yrs old. If I get a girl pregnant now, I still have the means and maturity to take care of the kid. If YOU get a girl pregnant, you gotta quit school, get a job effectively ruining your career and education. The amount of adjustment will be drastic in your case.

This is why I said, its better people have sex after the legal age, so they would have some form of basic education and even if something adverse happens they still wont be affected THAT much, apart from taking responsibility (Which is a huge deal).

Tell me how many kids have sex in your school because they really need sex? They do it because its what everyone else does. Bein a virgin might be a thing of shame. You know how peer pressure works.

Secondly, I love how you guys say its the girls fault. One more reason why you guys shouldn't be having sex at such a young age. You gotta be responsible and ensure safety and show concern when you sleep with a girl. Both are equally responsible. I never had sex in my teens. I had sex for the first time when I was 21-22. Trust me it worked out far better than it would have if I had had sex in my teens. I probably wouldnt have worked too hard in school or in college etc., But thats just me.

So it isn't a girls responsibility to watch what she does to her own body? Sure peer pressure affects girls almost as much if not more than it does guys, but where does the blame go? Should it be the guys fault? To some extent yes and he should be responsible for doing his half of the work after conception. Is it not her fault just as much as it was his?

I was just saying its there fault and they screwed up there own lives. It should not be the burden of the govt. to stop them from doing what they decide to do behind closed doors. It should be between the Individual and the parents.

Yes the law is there to stop stupid kids from making stupid mistakes, but does it really stop anyone? If they are so stupid to have unprotected sex underage then they are already past the point of following the law. The govt. just like Dyls said loves to poke there nose in affairs where there noses don't belong.

Since when did it become the responsibility of the government to parent today's youth and citizens? Is that the role the government should have on its people? Should they tell us when to sleep, and when to eat and make sure we eat all our vitamins too? Sounds ridiculous now, but what I see is the government inch by inch stepping in to promote good behavior and to control its people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:48 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Ultimately, its the kids choice. I know people having sex at 14. And Im the only other person who knows about it. Idk what their parents taught them and they dc what the government says. If no one knows, no harm done. And Im not about to tell the police about it anyway.

No matter how long I have been gone, my heart will lead me back here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:04 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
So it isn't a girls responsibility to watch what she does to her own body? Sure peer pressure affects girls almost as much if not more than it does guys, but where does the blame go? Should it be the guys fault? To some extent yes and he should be responsible for doing his half of the work after conception. Is it not her fault just as much as it was his?

The responsibility and fault belongs to both. Both partners are responsible in ensuring safe sex. The girl should not agree to sex without contraceptives and the guy should not try to have sex without protection. Saying its more the girls fault is sexist. So you mean you will squirt wherever you wanna squirt and blame the girl cuz she let you? And now she has to suffer for it and you wont take responsibility?

Secondly the government does not indulge in parenting. What they do is set standards. Call 18 the legal age, because most kids become mature physically, mentally and emotionally. Since underage sex is illegal, this ensures that people ARE mature, atleast in most cases when they have sex and know full well what they are doing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next