It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Should the...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:36 pm 
Captain
Captain

In the UK the age is 16. I think this is fine. But the under age people want to do it to be rebelious. I think if the age was 14 thn 14 and 15 year olds wouldnt ave sex for no reason. As there is no punishment at the moment its pretty commen for underage sex. I think another issu is that if a 16 year old has sex with a 15 year old it is classed as statutary rape. I think this is a bit rediculous as there is only one year between them. They could both be in the same class but be punished fo having sex.

Taz

Post subject: Re: Should the...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:23 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

The age of consent should be based on country. In India children are protected very much, till they finish college. I dont see a 15 year old Indian kid being as mature as a 15 year old American kid for example. The American kid generally will be more mature emotionally. Therefore for India 18 is perfect. Heck it was 21 before, I would actually support that.

But for other countries where dating and sex are more open concepts, I think the legal age can be reduced if necessary.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4