It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Controversy Thread: New Client VS Old Client
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:03 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Now now, I know this theme has been debated a lot before. But lets solidy it, shall we? Whoever enters this thread will know about the New Client, thats downright obvious :roll: Yet, not everyone knows about the OC. So, which one was overall the best, in terms of gameplay, replay value and the fun you get from each? Which one is the best? Opinions, arguments, and whatever story you have to say why OC or NC is better, do post! This is the Controversy Thread V.2!

And as always, dont flame, and also no personal attacks either please. No one is interested to know who is a noob, or traitor, or whatever name you come up with. We wanna see OC vs NC!!!

Post subject: Re: The Controversy Thread: New Client VS Old Client
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

First thing I'd like to say: you already have a thread called "The Controversy Thread"

Next... flash some pics of the OC? Some people might not have seen it ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:13 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

There were positive and neggative parts about it. It has a certain feel, old school feeling :)

My main problem with the new client is the auto shield :(

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:30 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I know theres a controversy thread already, but I also said Id give it continuity. As in, different themes. And that 1 is dead now so... xD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:09 am 
Major
Major

start of the new client FTW

XIRX 4th
TTE 1st
RFW 2nd
Hero 2nd
3rd E5 SOLO
FPM 1st
TFF 2nd
ToXc 1st
add me on supermechs 8069321

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:24 pm 
Captain
Captain

Old client was good. I played it. I had fun. The best part about it was the players who played it, they made it fun. It was my first experiences of this game, and that's why I have fond memories of it.

New client is better. The graphics are better. The layout is better. It's the same game but just all round a little better in most aspects. It's alot easier to use.

Of course there are some features that people like less in the new client. Examples being the way shields work, the way relics work etc. But it offers a better play experience. Slightly less fun for me personaly, but that's only because my first memories were with the old client...

It's like movies, in a way. If you watch a remake of an old film you used to love. You won't enjoy it as much as you enjoyed watching the old version for the first time. Even though it has much better acting, visual effects etc.

Your children will most likely only watch the remake version. And they will enjoy that in the same way you enjoyed the original version.

/discussion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:19 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I found that OC was alot harder to play if you were new, as the food system was annoying if you didnt know what you were doing etc, However once you got to know it and started doing well i would say the OC was better in terms of the tactics, leadership and skill qualities of the game.... However i have always had more fun on the new client, the fights are a hell of a lot bigger, the skill is not LOST but the skill needed is slightly decreased which means that more people can compete (im not just saying this because i suck, i consider myself a good player, not the best but i can hold my own on New and old) but the more people who can compete the more competitive the environment and the more fun overall.... So i would say the new client is better in terms of a GAME, however as a proof of skill the OC was alot better.

Carl~

"None of us are as smart as all of us."

"Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]