It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Armor/Damage/Range builds VS Armor/Range builds
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:14 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
And, even in your definition, my build pulls through. If you take 70 range tanks + 30 armor tanks VS 70 range tanks + 30 armor tanks, both would die. If, in change, I take an army worth the same, but of my build, VS that number of range and armor tanks, I will win. Thats less losses, by every mean. In unequal battles where I heavily outnumber the enemy, I would still win in round 1.

Again your comparisons are wrong. You are giving an example of an even battle. Which I will never pick. So that situation is out of the window and not up for discussion.

Your second scenario, where you heavily outnumber me - you yourself have said that you lose a "couple more" armor. So you DO lose MORE. Than a range/armor build. That is why range/armor is better than range/damage/armor. And it is just not a couple of armor you will lose. You will infact lose a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:21 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

yea your build wil also do better against its counter chassis.
i mean inf with your build wil kill more tanks than standard 9-21 build(equal squads.)
but as faar as XP is concerned, practicaly they are weak coz armour units wont have xp(constant renewal), so at first round itself standard build kill ur armr nd dmg but due to less range ur build only kills some armr in round1

Currently playing E6- HaHa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:35 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

First off, Ive both ran sims about scenarios like this all my BD life, plus Ive tested it. At the first round, we both loose our armors, and I loose LITERALLY a couple of damage. Second round, your build looses, and I stay with 1/3 of the range I had be4.

And I also ment LITERALLY a couple more armor losses. Or are you going to tell me that my build fails just because it looses 1k metal more than yours? In a battle between armies worth hundreds of thousands, 1k metal is irrelevant. And its not in 5 VS 1 cases. Its just some cases that get nearer to 1 VS 1.5 Im just trying to not exagerate my numbers and say that in EVERY single case where I outnumber a guy I will loose exactly as much as you. If I loose exactly a couple more armor, I will say it.

And I used that example of an equal battle to refute your argument of that my army looses more. I gave you the 3 types of battle situations you could encounter, and how much my build looses compared to yours.

And, I highly doubt youve ever encountered my build. If you ever do, when I outnumber you 5 to 1, then come tell me I will loose more. Till then, I will remember all the times Ive outnumbered other ppl 5 to 1 with this build and won wil 0 armor losses. Dont come tellingme what will happen: Ive been through it, and I know what actually happens. As I said earlier, I didnt just come up with the idea of this build and decided to post here 4 looking brilliant. I made the topic because Ive tested the build hundreds of times, and came to share my results. And whatever knowledge Ive gathered from it.

I will regard eragona's post now xD

Well, if what youre saying is that my build will have more experience, then hell yea! I actually have more units, so experience favours me. I havent been taking it into consideration (honestly, I started testing this build ages be4 the XP sistem came to be, and had completely forgotten of it xD).

And also, do remember my damage will usually stay. And the probuild will sually do as much armor renewal as mine. But, with my damage with 10DAM, 10ARM and a couple of pumped-up armor, breaking through slightly more xperienced armor units of the probuild shouldnt be harder. Again, Id tend to say there wouldnt be a difference, as Id rather thread the safe side, but on this Id venture myself to say XP probably benefits my build VERY LITTLE more than to the probuild.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:30 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

^That last sentence is what i meant, in the case of max XP, Standard build will benifit quite Better than ur build.
(if we are taking armour units with 0 XP)

Currently playing E6- HaHa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:40 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Oooookay, you totally lost me there. The buuild mfreak defends is the "probuild" and the one I defend is the "novabuild" (named so by me, thx very much :D). So I dont get which one youre saying that has the benefit from XP... could you rephrase it pls?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:03 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Or are you going to tell me that my build fails just because it looses 1k metal more than yours

For an arguments sake, Yes!! More is More.

Secondly, it is not literally 2 armor units. Its much more than that, that you lose. It depends on what your enemy has, the chassis he has built against, whether its a proper range/armor army and the number of units he has.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:05 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
Quote:
Or are you going to tell me that my build fails just because it looses 1k metal more than yours

For an arguments sake, Yes!! More is More.

Secondly, it is not literally 2 armor units. Its much more than that, that you lose. It depends on what your enemy has, the chassis he has built against, whether its a proper range/armor army and the number of units he has.

Weve left those considerations apart of the arguments here ages ago, simply because they dont apply! No1 cares what chassis used here, that is another matter. The only thing of what you said that applies is the # of units the enemy has, and I had mentioned it already. I was reffering to the outnumbered situation I gave you, 5 to 1, as an answer to this :
mfreak wrote:
Quote:
And, even in your definition, my build pulls through. If you take 70 range tanks + 30 armor tanks VS 70 range tanks + 30 armor tanks, both would die. If, in change, I take an army worth the same, but of my build, VS that number of range and armor tanks, I will win. Thats less losses, by every mean. In unequal battles where I heavily outnumber the enemy, I would still win in round 1.

Again your comparisons are wrong. You are giving an example of an even battle. Which I will never pick. So that situation is out of the window and not up for discussion.

Your second scenario, where you heavily outnumber me - you yourself have said that you lose a "couple more" armor. So you DO lose MORE. Than a range/armor build. That is why range/armor is better than range/damage/armor. And it is just not a couple of armor you will lose. You will infact lose a lot.

You said thar, for an argument's sake, if more is more, then its better. Well, how about the fact I get 17 squads for every 15 squads you get? That is the base of all my arguments. Is the loss of 1k metal worth more than this? This is what I really asked, and what Im asking now.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:25 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Look dude, however you fight it, a range/damage/armor build will result in a lot more loss than a range/armor army. The LOSS depends on what your enemy has. If you attack him with infantry and he has more anti inf inf, then your losses are gonna be significantly more than if he had more of explosive units for example. Also, it matters what chassis you go up against.

Bottom line is that not considering anything else, a range/armor army will result in far less losses than a range/damage/armor army. Outnumbered or not. 1k metal or more or less. Lesser losses means its more efficient. As simple as that.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:24 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

LOL Im not saying that the chassis of both armies arent important. What Im saying is, they have nothing to do with what were talking about. Its up to the players to decide what chassis to build and what weapons. That isnt whats being discussed here: what is being discussed is one build's effectiveness VS another. Now tell me, in what do you base your argument that I will loose more? How do you directly counter my argument that, for every 15 squads the probuild has, the novabuild has 17? I base myself in my own EXPERIENCE. Im not using common sense, or logic, or anything theoretical. I LIVED THROUGH IT. That is how I can speak of this. If youre only basing yourself on that "pros already know that" then, youre walking on water. And Im already ired to hear you contradict me on the things Ive SEEN with my own eyes. Unless youre calling me a lier here.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:33 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

vaultdweller101 wrote:
LOL Im not saying that the chassis of both armies arent important. What Im saying is, they have nothing to do with what were talking about. Its up to the players to decide what chassis to build and what weapons. That isnt whats being discussed here: what is being discussed is one build's effectiveness VS another. Now tell me, in what do you base your argument that I will loose more? How do you directly counter my argument that, for every 15 squads the probuild has, the novabuild has 17? I base myself in my own EXPERIENCE. Im not using common sense, or logic, or anything theoretical. I LIVED THROUGH IT. That is how I can speak of this. If youre only basing yourself on that "pros already know that" then, youre walking on water. And Im already ired to hear you contradict me on the things Ive SEEN with my own eyes. Unless youre calling me a lier here.

Vault, want my honest opinion? I think you're a sucky player, and have always done so. I know there are many that agree with me. So I don't count your experience with this as very useful. I count my own experience, and Allen's as very useful, since we both won a lot of worlds and I think are regarded as good players.

You can just use your build on a round you play against either of us, and test it that way. You'll soon see you will have given us less losses than you would have with the normal build.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next