It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Armor/Damage/Range builds VS Armor/Range builds
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:50 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

I was gonna close the topic, but allen's last argument just had to be answered. You actually have MORE armor with the novabuild than the probuild has. It has more armor, some damage units, and less range. Now I wont say my specific build, as Ive also tested builds that are specifically good against mine, but I can tell you how I found it. It is an adaptation of the probuild, in which I replaced some range units for damage units. With the same number of armor units per squad, but more squads. So, as lc said, the novabuild could actually have less losses when it finishes the fight in round 1 than the probuild. It is a little more difficult for battles to end round 2 with the novabuild, but this is too slight a setback. And it is the only counter-effect to it.

Anyways, seeing as how you 2 stopped the personal attacks... can it stay that way? I dont want to close it. But I am through with letting this topic be soiled with debates of irrelevant topics.

And unfortunately allen, I didnt save the BRs, but I did consult the results with other ppl. I can assure you it is not inaccurate, but I guess all I got to prove it is my word. But I am a man of honor, and for me my word is worth my life. And honor is worth even more than my life. I wouldnt lie, specially for something like this, which Id rather keep had it not been because it is something the BD community could benefit from.

Last edited by vaultdweller101 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:57 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

So you have less range, more armor and a few damage units. You will take a lot more armor losses that way. Even in a 1 round battle. Your damage wont ever get to fight. Your range is less. And if the enemy has a range/armor army, your range wont inflict as much damage to his army as his range to yours. So you will get killed right away.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Now I dont know if this phenomenom is real or not, but I believe it is, and its the damage distribution. I used it to explain why damage was more effective than range against armor, and it said that the total damage dealt to a side would be distributed between the number of armor units (in this case). So the more armor units, the less they're killed. Now I myself will admit this is my theory, but it is easily proven by a quick trip to the sim (put 2 damage inf vs 3 armor inf, then put 2range inf vs 4 armor inf).

So, if that theory is correct, since my build has more armor, there would be less losses by the novabuild! Now I dont recall the results of tis exact situation, but I do recall that I found it the same = 0 armor losses in most cases. So I think the outnumbered and even situations are just too broad. There are outnumbered cases in which both builds loose nothing, in some other outnumbered cases the novabuild looses some armor, in some other cases both builds loose armor but the novabuild looses less, and so on. In even battles, though, it is a law that my build wins.

Like Ive said before, you have the option of going for this. What if the enemy traps your partner's army with a lockdown (without sabotage), and if you send your army the armies' worths would be around equal? Following your rule, you would have to let your partner die. But if youre running the novabuild, you can jump in knowing you will most possibly win, and if not then cause more damage to the enemy than what you lost. And dont tell me this situation is uncommon - it can happen without a lockdown, but that your partner is offline, or something like that. Right then, you do loose a huge chunk of your army, and ofc loose more than if you hadnt jumped in, but on the other hand you saved a part of your partner's army (which would had been completely destroyed) and also pwned the enemies' armies.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:33 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
So, if that theory is correct, since my build has more armor, there would be less losses by the novabuild! Now I dont recall the results of tis exact situation, but I do recall that I found it the same = 0 armor losses in most cases.

Your build does not technically have more armor. It has less range. And therefore PROPORTIONATELY more armor. So, your armor still gets killed easily. And what are those cases when you have had 0 armor losses. I can guarantee that you include damage in your squads, Id be able to kill you off with minimal losses using a range/armor army.

BTW if someone locks you down, there are other ways of getting out of the lockdown. If they dont spy me, Id much rather send in my range/armor army, than a range/damage/armor army. If no battle is favourable, and if it would still result in just armor losses for the other team, then I would simply disband and not give them the extra XP.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:31 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Comparing cost: nova build has more armour units(coz more squads than pro build)
comparing equal amount of squads: both have equal armour.

the disadvantage of nova build is,
1. in the case probuilds will finish battle in round 1 doesnt mean novabuild will be able to finish it in round 1(coz nova has less range units).... thus more losses as it progress to round 2.

2. and also when nova get outnumbered by 2:1(i dont care 4 this case, so its not applicable for any build coz all units lost)

3. XP advantage is much higher for pro build(consider armour always replaced in practical case, thus 0 XP armour.)

but nova is very flexible.

i think the nova build u r reffering to may be
1. 16/5/9
2. 15/6/9
3. 15/5/10 (i hav expt on this build and my inferences above are based on this)

Currently playing E6- HaHa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:35 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Well, but... it depends. Because the damage units will take some damage in the novabuild, but not necessarily die often. And if they take damage, they get more XP. So if I get it XP'd enough, they get to fire at the 3rd round... that would be scary, and devastating. Imagine a fully pumped-up damage tank that fires at the 3rd round. that deals the most damage. It would take a load of units to take just that unit out. But, Im not ready to discuss the XP advantages yet, as I really arent certain of it: its just probabilities and stuff like that.

Btw allen, didnt you say youd NEVER get into an equal battle? And youd really preffer to send an army so that both sides draw, instead of sending an army than wins the battle for your side? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:30 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Btw allen, didnt you say youd NEVER get into an equal battle? And youd really preffer to send an army so that both sides draw, instead of sending an army than wins the battle for your side?

huh? I said Id never get into an equal battle. I will only do battles that favor me. i.e result in minimal armor losses for me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:52 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
Quote:
So, if that theory is correct, since my build has more armor, there would be less losses by the novabuild! Now I dont recall the results of tis exact situation, but I do recall that I found it the same = 0 armor losses in most cases.

If they dont spy me, Id much rather send in my range/armor army, than a range/damage/armor army.

Well, what do you call this? Bro, youre contradicting yourself now. I said this would result in an equal battle, and yet yous aid youd send your own army to it than mine. Im :o , :shock: and :? bout this...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:26 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

I didnt mean I would send. God. Stop taking things so literally. I meant to say if it was an even battle, Id much rather send in a range/armor army, than a range/damage/armor army.

Look its not about whether I contradict myself or not. An army with damage inflicts far less damage and takes far more losses than a range/armor army.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:31 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Both build has its own pros nd cons And it depends on the way u wish to play.
Things wil get interesting if +1 dmg is given to dmg upgrade.

Currently playing E6- HaHa

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next