It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Armor/Damage/Range builds VS Armor/Range builds
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:37 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Armor/Range builds are the chosen build by excellence. Most players reject damage units for making their army almost automatically. The argument being that they only work for the start (and some have said for Havoc a well... dont know much about that) but I beg to differ. I dare say both types of builds are equal. Or actually, Id preffer armor/damage/range builds! The only thing is that not many ppl use them, and I can work with either of them equally good. Why I preffer the damage-including build is because it actually beats the armor/range build, and not by such a fine line actually! Despite being more numerous, it is incredibly strong, and, unlike an armor/damage build (which I tested in my 1st time playing... what, youve never been a noob be4? ;) ) it looses just as much armor as normally.

The key is that, damage units kill armor much easier than range do. Damage units equal in worth (metal/gold) to armor units win every time. But Range units equal in worth to armor units have a draw! This is because the ranged attacks may be more, but theyre distributed between all the armor units, can't kill them fast enough, so the armor units get in range and the weak ranged units fall. But damage units, dishing out more damage and able to take more than ranged units, effectively kill armor faster, and survive long enough against them to finish up before their slightly bigger numbers can actually work. Hence their inmense effectiveness at the start (against armor).

The main argument of most ppl against damage units is that it takes them several rounds to catch up with range units. Id say, and illusion. They dont need to catch up in overall damage with range units, as they have other perks, like that supperior armor-killing capabilities I just mention. And also the fact that they both have more health than range units, and they must be killed before ranged units can get hit. The damage-including build I use exploits these perks from the damage units, and so I get a build which, cheaper in worth, is as powerful or even more so than a range/armor build. And, having more resources at my disposal, I can make an equal worth army than a armor/range build, but much more powerful. The bigger consumption of oil, and bigger overhead, doesn't nullify the mayor effectiveness of this build. Hence, this is the best build individually. And I only dare say individually, because havent had the oportunity of testing it in an alliance (as in, all the members having such build) :(

There is a difference from just any armor/damage/range builds than to actually effective armor/damage/range builds. Most I can say of mine, other than it has the characteristics Ive given before, is that its an adaptation of the 3/7 armor/range build. Ive seen other builds than mine which are also an adaptation of this build, and theyre quite good. Again, Ive never tested it in an alliance in which all of the members use it, so I cant say wether its good with teamwork, even though that, if it is individually, it should be as strong or stronger with more numbers... :ugeek:

Well, I hope you all like my review over the armor/damage/range builds. I will write my review of armor/range builds right next to this, as it deserves its own space xD And pls comment any thoughts on it... dont let the topic die!!! :cry:

Post subject: Re: Armor/Damage/Range builds VS Armor/Range builds
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:47 pm 
Captain
Captain

I agree with it, nice job.
:)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:09 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Armor/Range builds have been the most used, and the ones regarded as the bests at the moment Im writing this. And its not to be surprised of: theyre extremely effective in many ways. Either in a pack or individually, they absolutely own inferior armies, with very low armor losses. Their very low size allows them to move easier, as they require less oil (naturally xD). There are two main armor/range builds commonly use, with a small difference between the 2. These are: the 10/20 build, and the 9/21 build (for tanks). They barely differ on one armor and range, so they barely have differences. The extra range, though, has a certain influence on huge battles, and thats when its teamwork capabilities come into place.

The armor/range builds are best used in teamwork. This exploits the huge number of ranged units to the max, while keeping risk of loosing many units at the minimum. In mayor wars, combatants usually look for separated armies, and team up against it. This is the most basic tactic, and the most seen in wars, and its extremely effective. All of these factors contribute to the factor I described earlier: against inferior armies, the armor losses are minimal, and also hurt the most even when defeat, so it has a wide range in where it can be effective.

The only counter-effect I see to this is that, even when effective, it doesnt mean a win. That's why that, using this build, equal encounters are not favourable most of the time. But, this build compliments very well with how you make your army, and the intel you gather from your enemies. This counter-effect can be fixed with intelligent army building, which means not just doing random squads, but with the same build. This is what top alliances do easily, and it delivers an army which is effective in all ways, if it is used correctly.

I hope you all like my review over both these builds, and pls comment any thoughts on it... and dont let the topic die pls!!! :cry:

Ohh and thx Skittles... was so focused writting that I didnt c ur post... thx :D

Last edited by vaultdweller101 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:13 pm 
Captain
Captain

Yes, i know what you said, i read it.
:P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:17 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I read the same thing in another forum recently

viewtopic.php?f=171&t=14529

this shows a much better representation(Statistics :o :o :o )

I said Welcome to Detroit City

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:59 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

hmmm I do agree, so we only need the damage units to kill the armor, and let the range do the job.

I maybe will sit back in two or three eras and test about this build.

I'm thinking of putting 4 less armor, 2 less range and use 6 damage infantry / squads. So it'll be 6/6/18. Don't know if it'll work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:42 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

To answer sabnc's post, I must say I only putted actual experiences and the general knowledge Ive obtained testing these builds. Numbers and statistics are fine, but actually playing with it makes you face different situations, which more often than not differ from the exactitude of the numbers we used ;) Personally, I use a *CLASSIFIED ratio, and its worked wonders for me. Just so you have an idea of what Ive tested, aister :)

THIS HAS BEEN CENSORED BY PRESIDENT JOHN HENRY EDEN, HONORABLE LEADER OF THE US ENCLAVE, YEAR 2226

Last edited by vaultdweller101 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:45 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

ok I'll try and test this in one or two eras though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:17 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I'm sorry, but this is quite funny to see for me. Try putting damage in your squads.. I am sure I will always kill you in 1 round, so to me your damage is just more expensive armor, and with less HP to go with it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:11 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Milanos, in an equal fight? Really? That is, in a fight where both our armies are worth the same metal... If youre serious about it, name the place and the time, ill be there ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next