It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Armor/Damage/Range builds VS Armor/Range builds
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:54 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

vaultdweller101 wrote:
Milanos, in an equal fight? Really? That is, in a fight where both our armies are worth the same metal... If youre serious about it, name the place and the time, ill be there ;)

That's the thing, I will never fight with equal armies. If you go into a fight with equal armies, you're not doing it efficiently.

That's why I'm saying damage will never work against top alliances.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Yeah, this has been argued several times. What you guys always do is pick 1 squad with range/armor build and 1 squad with range/damage/armor build and then say that damage is infact useful. I will never do a battle 1 squad vs 1. I will send 3. And in such cases damage is very easy to kill if you have a range/armor build.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

And ofc this is true. But, that means you dont have the option of having equal battles, but I do. I can even bare any of you having an army worth slightly more than me, while still retaining good winning chances. It gives me an extra option. And, you are doubting on a player's ability to catch another one individually. Maybe its not the predominant tactic right now, but it doesnt mean its not possible, not even that its inferior. And if I am in an alliance entirely made of armies with the armor/damage/range builds, you will be in DEEP trouble.

So, what you guys are saying is that I cant use my skills when I use an armor/damage/range build to catch you in a favourable scenario for me? Like, an equal fight, or anything near it? Besides, I can do the same: having 5 armies against your 1 and Id still win as effectively. So, the fact you can gang up to my build is irrelevant: almost any build, if not all of them, can win that way. What Im saying is, for every 15 range/armor squads, I will have 17 armor/damage/range squads. Oh, and I can also gang up against you. No rule that says armor/damage/range builds cant team up, is there? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:59 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

vaultdweller101 wrote:
And ofc this is true. But, that means you dont have the option of having equal battles, but I do. I can even bare any of you having an army worth slightly more than me, while still retaining good winning chances. It gives me an extra option. And, you are doubting on a player's ability to catch another one individually. Maybe its not the predominant tactic right now, but it doesnt mean its not possible, not even that its inferior. And if I am in an alliance entirely made of armies with the armor/damage/range builds, you will be in DEEP trouble.

So, what you guys are saying is that I cant use my skills when I use an armor/damage/range build to catch you in a favourable scenario for me? Like, an equal fight, or anything near it? Besides, I can do the same: having 5 armies against your 1 and Id still win as effectively. So, the fact you can gang up to my build is irrelevant: almost any build, if not all of them, can win that way. What Im saying is, for every 15 range/armor squads, I will have 17 armor/damage/range squads. Oh, and I can also gang up against you. No rule that says armor/damage/range builds cant team up, is there? ;)

I encourage you to do it. Makes it easier for me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:38 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Now in M1 it is easier for u milan, to take any army alone without much problem coz of such high XP fed units.
but under 500-700 ticks.. do u think u can achieve that kind of high lvl unit?
For every world it wont be like that.

in the same way if damage upgrade and enough range units gets the max lvl.
The things will be faar more scary...
provided u have sufficient armour to shield round 1

Currently playing E6- HaHa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:41 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Well Milanos, I actually had the same idea... only that it wouldnt help you. At all. Youd be surprised by how many people actually believe the truth when its on their faces, even when its such a ridiculous idea they wouldnt normally consider. Yes, its uncommon, and not seeing by current top alliances. But what do you know, maybe top alliances right now are wrong in that armor/range is the best build. You dont have to believe me, believe the information Ive put here. You can test it to see if its real. Or you can ignore it, be close-minded and probably miss out on a chance to be a slightly better player than what you were. Your loss, buddy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:44 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

vaultdweller101 wrote:
Well Milanos, I actually had the same idea... only that it wouldnt help you. At all. Youd be surprised by how many people actually believe the truth when its on their faces, even when its such a ridiculous idea they wouldnt normally consider. Yes, its uncommon, and not seeing by current top alliances. But what do you know, maybe top alliances right now are wrong in that armor/range is the best build. You dont have to believe me, believe the information Ive put here. You can test it to see if its real. Or you can ignore it, be close-minded and probably miss out on a chance to be a slightly better player than what you were. Your loss, buddy.

I'm sorry Vault, but I'm not even going to argue this. There are reasons the alliances that win don't use damage in big fights. But as I said, feel free to use damage yourself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:58 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

You say there are reasons, but havent given a single one. Or was the ganging up on damage your first reason? Btw, I think I showed why that wasnt a valid reason. That you can also gang up on range, with the same result... But, could you say ALL the reasons why damage isnt used? This is a discussion forum, as well as debate, but we cant do either if you just say your conclusion instead of the why you drew it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:08 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

vaultdweller101 wrote:
You say there are reasons, but havent given a single one. Or was the ganging up on damage your first reason? Btw, I think I showed why that wasnt a valid reason. That you can also gang up on range, with the same result... But, could you say ALL the reasons why damage isnt used? This is a discussion forum, as well as debate, but we cant do either if you just say your conclusion instead of the why you drew it.

Okay, let me put it this way. Have you ever done a round in which you've done extremely good, using damage in wars?

If you use damage, there are 2 things that can happen.

1) The damage units will not be able to even touch the other army because they all died in the first round against a ranged-armor combination. Why? Because sadly damage units attack in a second round.

2) If they ever survive to a second round there will be a little amount of them to deal damage and it will be covered by the armor from the other army. Which prevents them to have a great lose of metal/oil.

And I'll quote.

Quote:
It takes 4 rounds until damage units do more than range.

Take a tank for instance, look at the total damage done per round.

Range:
12 - 24 - 36 - 48

Damage:
0 - 18 - 36 - 54

As you can see, the damage unit only catches up on the 3rd round in damage, only doing more than the range unit on the 4th round. Not to sound arrogant, but if you let a battle take 4 rounds to finish, you didn't plan well enough. Damage units are worthless.

Quote:
Nope. I would never fight an equal battle. Anyone who DOES fight an equal battle deserves all the extra losses that come with letting a battle make it to 4 rounds.

Quote:
The best alliances always get ganged up on, if you are allowing yourself to enter into 4 round battles against enemies who have more combined armies than you do, you'll never be able to fight them all because you'll keep losing your armies bit by bit.

The only way to do it is to reduce your losses by as much as you can, which means getting 1 round battles as much as you can. My way of play is not to have the most efficient army for even battles, because if I fought even battles I'd never win against enemies who have more allies, more subs, or more tokens. Your method is "numbers win". My method is "skill wins". Mathematically speaking, the best way to play is to get only 1 round battles, this means you lose the least amount of units possible.

If you are more active and smarter than the enemy, you can do it. Fighting an even battle is like admitting defeat. It's like saying "Well I know I can't trap you or maneuver well enough to force a battle that is in my favor, so I will just take whatever I can get and hope for the best."

I don't like thinking like that, I keep maneuvering and keep planning until I can force a battle that is in my favor.

If you want to be a top player, NEVER do fights that last more than one round. Trust me, I do the same thing. That is just simple planning ahead. If you can't kill it in 1 round, get more squads over there.

Even if you are outgunned and outnumbered in squads, you should never go into a battle that lasts more than 1 round. You need to minimize losses, and therefore use your range to the fullest with only armor taking the losses. Adding damage in will make sure your army is only effective in round 2 or 3, my battles never go that far.

Actually if you're outnumbered it's even MORE important to minimize losses and therefore not have damage.

What happens when you have multiple enemies? Let's say there are 500 units to kill, and you only have 200 units. How would you kill them? If you can catch 200 units off by themselves to fight would you do it? With your build you are letting them do extra damage to you, so maybe you survive with 100 units left... now it is 400 vs 100. What do you do now? Fight a 100 vs 100? Maybe you are left with 50, now it is 350 vs 50. See what I'm saying?

In that same situation with a range build you could catch 100 by themselves and lose only 30 or so. Now it's 170 vs 400. You can catch another 100 and lose another 30. See what I mean? It's better to only fight battles where you lose the least amount of units. That way you only ever have to replace armor units.

Which is something maybe you've overlooked. Range units are supposed to be bought once, you should never have to replace range units, only armor. With a damage build I can pretty much guarantee that since you are fighting even battles you will be regularly replacing damage units, which are more costly than armor.

Range armies are more expensive to build but cheaper to maintain if used properly, which in the long run is much much cheaper.

So really Vault, please keep using damage.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:17 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Damage is terrible, but there are a couple builds that I think warrant mentioning...

Depending on how much you outnumber the enemy, a few builds are actually more effective than probuild. I forgot the exact stats but I believe it went something like
outnumber 60%-100% (assume enemy probuild), use 10-10-10 as it is more efficient. Outnumber 160%+, use 5-0-25. And I think something else was more effective than probuild at one point. dolkar you there?

Liam wrote:
Rise my minions, VOTE FERR3T #1 FOR HEAD MOD!!

Simmen wrote:
How are you not a admin Hal?..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next