It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Occupy Wall Street
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:57 am 
Private
Private

Need a job? Join the military. I'm pretty sure they're almost always hiring. But NOOO. "I don't want to work hard!" "I want free money!" etc. They want the governmetn to take care of them, but won't work for it. sorry for bad spelling. I broke my glasses and can barely see :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:05 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

apollo wrote:
Need a job? Join the military. I'm pretty sure they're almost always hiring. But NOOO. "I don't want to work hard!" "I want free money!" etc. They want the governmetn to take care of them, but won't work for it. sorry for bad spelling. I broke my glasses and can barely see :lol:

Exactly. It's laziness. They should stop criticizing the hard working (''the 1%'') and maybe try to work and gain a decent living.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:15 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

apollo wrote:

Yes, lets put even more expenses on the US government by having all of them join the military which now need less soldiers then before because they are pulling out of most war areas.

Wallstreet might not be to blame for this, but its a symbol of people being devided into rich and poor. And I couldn't think of a better place for them to protest against the fact that well educated can't get jobs within the field they have spent years and money to studying. Because it will draw attention, and you need it to get more attention, if not the arab spring will be named the Arab and american year.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:19 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

I just have a bad feeling that the protests are going to escalate into something worse.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:22 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The protest will escalate into a revolution if a leader comes and stand up for those people and are accepted as a leader.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:32 am 
Private
Private

Of course there are going to be poor and rich people. It's the natural order of things. But why is it those that made it rich's fault? It isn't. These people are just looking for an outlet for their own problems.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:14 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Going to get in the way? Their already in the way. They don't represent anybody even if they think and say they do. The rich got rich with hard work, determination and real goals. The self proclaimed ''99%'' are just lazy. The whole world is catching on to this mindless protesting as well. I just hope it doesn't escalate into anything more than it is. Pointless protesting. It's hard to even debate since like Apollo said, they have no goals, no leader, no manifesto, and probably no cause except simple laziness.

While I may not know a lot about the OWS movement, or the amount of support it has in the US, you cannot simply dismiss these people as being lazy and the rich as having high morals like hard work, determination.

Unbridled capitalism has bought the US to what it is today. And I am not for it as such. I know freedom and free market is essential, but I also believe a little bit of regulation is also needed.

But that said, continue with your debate, Ill see where I can take sides cuz I am reading up on this issue :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:44 am 
Private
Private

Do all of the rich earn their money? No. Do most of them? Yes. But once again, those who aren't successful are blaming their problems on those who have money. It will always be as such. I am in no way rich. My family has always come from a very poor background, but I'm going to school to change that. I want to work, and earn, and achieve something in life. If I were to ever be worth millions of dollars, then it will be through sheer hard work and determination.

But some people don't want to do that. Some want to sit on their behinds, and hope they win the lottery, or hope their wellfair (which IM paying for!) keeps going. They want handouts. And when they don't get their handouts, they get mad at the government. My best friends dad is a farmer, and has been one all his life, and my friend will probably be one all his life. They aren't rich at all. They get by, and they support themselves by working 12+ hours a day. But do you see them "occupying" wall street? No. Because they have work to do. And if they don't do it, no one will.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:49 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

mfreak wrote:
Quote:
Going to get in the way? Their already in the way. They don't represent anybody even if they think and say they do. The rich got rich with hard work, determination and real goals. The self proclaimed ''99%'' are just lazy. The whole world is catching on to this mindless protesting as well. I just hope it doesn't escalate into anything more than it is. Pointless protesting. It's hard to even debate since like Apollo said, they have no goals, no leader, no manifesto, and probably no cause except simple laziness.

While I may not know a lot about the OWS movement, or the amount of support it has in the US, you cannot simply dismiss these people as being lazy and the rich as having high morals like hard work, determination.

Unbridled capitalism has bought the US to what it is today. And I am not for it as such. I know freedom and free market is essential, but I also believe a little bit of regulation is also needed.

But that said, continue with your debate, Ill see where I can take sides cuz I am reading up on this issue :)

Yes, some rich people just got a huge inheritance and really didn't deserve it. But the protesters need to learn that the world isn't a good place especially if you don't do anything to try and make it a better place. They should be getting jobs and helping the economy and themselves, not making problems worse. Do what you can with what you have. And besides, money doesn't buy you happiness. It can't replace friends and family. They should just be trying to earn a decent living, not worrying about the rich.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Do all of the rich earn their money? No. Do most of them? Yes. But once again, those who aren't successful are blaming their problems on those who have money. It will always be as such. I am in no way rich. My family has always come from a very poor background, but I'm going to school to change that. I want to work, and earn, and achieve something in life. If I were to ever be worth millions of dollars, then it will be through sheer hard work and determination.

Its not like all these protestors are bums. lol. They would have their own families, jobs and stuff like that. I am sure lot of them have children that go to school and I am sure lot of them have your kind of backgrounds too.

Quote:
But some people don't want to do that. Some want to sit on their behinds, and hope they win the lottery, or hope their wellfair (which IM paying for!) keeps going. They want handouts. And when they don't get their handouts, they get mad at the government.

Ive heard these republican supporters say this a LOT. Handouts and such. What is this about? You mean social security from the government?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next