It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Occupy Wall Street
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:33 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

So let's just cut to the chase. Are the protesters just rebels without a cause? Are they lazy? Or is there really economic injustice in this country? And frankly I'm suprised nobody has made a thread about this already.

Post subject: Re: Occupy Wall Street
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:50 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Location: Look behind you. Theres a shadow. Look at where it is. It isnt me
Im not for/against this. It is simply protesting money, not sure about it yet. Ill wait till choosing

Retired player, trying to come back again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:10 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

I have heard about it. But I dont know a lot about it. Can someone highlight their cause, objectives, what they are against and any criticisms they might be facing. That would help me debate it :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:12 am 
Private
Private

It's basically a group of unorganized, leaderless, goalless people just standing there with signs. Their slogan is "We are the 99%". Referring to the thought that 1% of the people in the US control 99% of the cash flow.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:18 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

apollo wrote:
It's basically a group of unorganized, leaderless, goalless people just standing there with signs. Their slogan is "We are the 99%". Referring to the thought that 1% of the people in the US control 99% of the cash flow.

Right on the money. (no pun intended).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:23 am 
Private
Private

Yes, and they're just mental. Without a leader, or even a list of demands that they want accomplished, all they're going to do is get in the way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:40 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Going to get in the way? Their already in the way. They don't represent anybody even if they think and say they do. The rich got rich with hard work, determination and real goals. The self proclaimed ''99%'' are just lazy. The whole world is catching on to this mindless protesting as well. I just hope it doesn't escalate into anything more than it is. Pointless protesting. It's hard to even debate since like Apollo said, they have no goals, no leader, no manifesto, and probably no cause except simple laziness.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:43 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I can see their case. The amount of people in the US increases while the amount of jobs are falling, and with the military pulling out of Afghanistan, there is even more people without jobs.

As for the way that they are doing it, I don't know. I'm a little like Allen, I've heard some things, but not enough to make up an opinion on the matter as the things I've read might be biased. But they are getting attention, maybe not as much as they want, but they are getting people to notice the situation.

Thank you Michael
http://www.battledawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=15076
Thank you developers
(^-check out the topics)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:45 am 
Private
Private

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Going to get in the way? Their already in the way. They don't represent anybody even if they think and say they do. The rich got rich with hard work, determination and real goals. The self proclaimed ''99%'' are just lazy. The whole world is catching on to this mindless protesting as well. I just hope it doesn't escalate into anything more than it is. Pointless protesting. It's hard to even debate since like Apollo said, they have no goals, no leader, no manifesto, and probably no cause except simple laziness.

Exaclty my point. Why should we punush those that worked hard to get their money? If I work all my life, and become succesful, who are you to say anything about me?

And Simmen, yes, there is a shortage of jobs, and an influx of people, but how is that the fault of those that made it rich? Those that worked and succeeded? These people are just mental.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:51 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Low wages and high unemployment rates are saddening and stressful but protesting has no correlation with them and it won't solve anything. Most of them are lazy 24 year olds that can't be bothered with trying to get a real job so they protest instead. I heard people from the UK are doing similar things (protests, speeches) so it's not just the US. And Apollo is exactly right. Instead of protesting, all of them could actually be doing something with their lives and with America. Envy and laziness is all it is on the protester's part.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next