It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: World War 3
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:28 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Russia and China.. if they ever teamed up.. it would be hell on earth. Not to mention all of thier allies along with them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:41 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

dylsupreme1 wrote:
Russia and China.. if they ever teamed up.. it would be hell on earth. Not to mention all of thier allies along with them.

Agree, haven't heard any news from Russia. But that's wat makes them dangerous. You don't know how strong they are until u fight them. Just like Russia has an unlimited anti-scan shield lol.

China, although their military is strong (they have also built their first aircraft carrier, though it's small but it's still an aircraft carrier), their Domestic Affairs seem unstable. There are disastifactions among the Chinese county government these days. Sure with an enormous forces China could prove to be a frightful enemy. But unless the Chinese government do something with the disastifactions, China won't be good for a long war.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:43 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Excluding the US, Russia would probably be the best and last the longest in war. They have the oil and resources needed to fund a long war and enough troops/tanks equipment as well. And as for aircraft carriers, if it was a full out war, they could easily be destroyed by missiles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:51 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Aircraft carrier, at first I thought it was useless but through some research I could find it very frightful.

US has good Air Force (I won't say the best since some will argue, good is acceptable), and having aircraft carrier is like expanding the Air Force power to the sea. Combine with US's navy... wow...

But anyway, as it shown pretty good in BD, power is not all ^^. Don't rely on them too much.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:58 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

Aircraft carriers are so expensive that if one was sunk or destroyed (which is very easy to do) the economy and power/strength of the country that lost the aircraft carrier would all suffer severely. But lol their kind of cool because one aircraft carrier could probably conquer an entire small country by itself.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:03 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Because of that, aircraft carriers are mainly used for showing military strength. Ones must have extra cautious to use it in actual battle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:21 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Not to be rude but you guys dont know much about the world at this point and time, sure Russia does have power but they have been in turmoil ever since the fall of the USSR, for that reasont ehay dont control their military very well and they dont have any organization because of this, the Generals over there have as much power as their "president"

They fight amongst themselves mostly, the leaders are afraid that the generals will take over, which is why if Russia went to war they would make a lot of careless mistakes that would cost them severely, it would still be bad for the allies, but alas they could be defeated fairly easy as a result.

Now, as far as WW3 goes i dont see it happening, there is currently only one super power in the world, the US, the US owes China a great deal but the fact is china has absolutely no power to enforce payment, the reason being is if they do this and the US refusing they wouldnt be able to fund any type of war or their own production... basically they would be out of business.

Tention between Iran and Syria are high but that would be the same bogus wars the US has been fighting for almost 11 years.
if a few of these countries cam together it could be a big costly war but aside from that no WW3, in my opinion anyway.

~MechaStorm
-----------------
My Worlds
~Galaxy 2(KwAs)
~I like to Spam :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:24 pm 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

If anything was to cause a world war I would think it would be North and south korea duking it out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:58 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

camronb01 wrote:
Not to be rude but you guys dont know much about the world at this point and time, sure Russia does have power but they have been in turmoil ever since the fall of the USSR, for that reasont ehay dont control their military very well and they dont have any organization because of this, the Generals over there have as much power as their "president"

I'm not Russia so I don't know exactly.

But let's think about this. US makes every space missions public, success or failure. But Russia doesn't. I don't have any big news about Russia. That's why I said Russia is dangerous, I don't know anything about how big Russian army is.

dylsupreme1 wrote:
If anything was to cause a world war I would think it would be North and south korea duking it out.

As I said, all I see here is military aids. North and South Korea have 2 opposite politic government, communism and capitalism. So North Korea will recieve a lot of military aids from China, Vietnam and maybe Russia. While South Korea will recieve aids from the US and some other countries. There will be no war declared between China, Vietnam or Russia with South Korea or the US with North Korea, unless one attack the other first.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:44 pm 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Sure, China has India

No China does not have India. India and China have a long standing border dispute. After the defeat in the Sino-Indian war of 1962, India started militarizing heavily mostly to deter any more threats from its two neighbours - Pakistan and China. India has started purchasing military equipment from the US, and even though there is deficit of trust, since most consider the United States as a not a very reliable arms supplier, military trade and cooperation is increasing between the two countries as we speak. The Indian army trains the US marines and the US army trains Indian Army personnel, there have been increasing joint Air and Naval excercises etc. The US also sees India, as an ally in their strategic interests in the South Asian region.

Quote:
Excluding the US, Russia would probably be the best and last the longest in war. They have the oil and resources needed to fund a long war and enough troops/tanks equipment as well. And as for aircraft carriers, if it was a full out war, they could easily be destroyed by missiles

No Russia wont be. China would. They are the only ones with a positive bank balance I think. They have a huge GDP and their purchasing power puts them at number 2 in the world. Remember its purchasing power that matters. So for this reason, if say Germany went to war with India, atleast in terms of outlasting the other, India would outlast Germany. It doesnt really matter that Germany's GDP is more than India's. What matters is GDP (PPP) in which India is number 4 and Germany is somewhere lower down the ladder.

Quote:

They fight amongst themselves mostly, the leaders are afraid that the generals will take over, which is why if Russia went to war they would make a lot of careless mistakes that would cost them severely, it would still be bad for the allies, but alas they could be defeated fairly easy as a result.

Now this is clearly not true. This is purely a result of "propaganda" that has been fed to the American public since the cold war. When it comes to a nation's Sovereignity, every country will fight till their last. There is other propaganda as well, that says, russian systems are inferior blah blah, but the thing is both Russia and the US are equally capable.

Quote:
Now, as far as WW3 goes i dont see it happening

You are right about that. Wars in the future will happen only between cultures, and not between countries. We see that happening today.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next