It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:26 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4758
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
Ducky, are u still wondering about my approach to this? ;)

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno

Retired.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:04 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 797
Gender: male
apollo wrote:
Ducky, are u still wondering about my approach to this? ;)

it keeps me awake at night XD

nah, jk.

i cbs trying to figure out how you think, hurts my poor head and whatever emptiness that is inside :3

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:06 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4758
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
mrducky wrote:
apollo wrote:
Ducky, are u still wondering about my approach to this? ;)

it keeps me awake at night XD

nah, jk.

i cbs trying to figure out how you think, hurts my poor head and whatever emptiness that is inside :3



Aye, a lot of people learned that the hard way :)


but when you said about teh $250 million being put into keeping same-sex marriages apart. I thought..."we could use that in Iraq" But i refrained :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno

Retired.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:21 am 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 797
Gender: male
apollo wrote:
mrducky wrote:
apollo wrote:
Ducky, are u still wondering about my approach to this? ;)

it keeps me awake at night XD

nah, jk.

i cbs trying to figure out how you think, hurts my poor head and whatever emptiness that is inside :3



Aye, a lot of people learned that the hard way :)


but when you said about teh $250 million being put into keeping same-sex marriages apart. I thought..."we could use that in Iraq" But i refrained :mrgreen:

lol... if you said that, we would have gone off topic for at least 4 pages.

250 million can help USA's health, education, job opportunities. or better millions of lives in africa. to spend it on bloodshed and violence is plainly idiotic >.>

fix america before you fix the world.
remember that 1/5 americans cant find usa on the map. but that was a couple years ago.

anyways.

europe seems to be leading the g@y rights movement. anywhere else where homosexual rights have been improved?

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:22 am 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4758
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
MY school.

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno

Retired.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:55 pm 
Captain
Captain
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 797
Gender: male
apollo wrote:
MY school.

at our school we just got a message in assembly that gay jokes, anti feminism (we are an all boys school) jokes and discrimination wouldnt be tolerated and would be dealt with harshly.

and then the student run "newsletter" came out. and on the 2nd page, a gay joke!

but it wasnt really that bad :/

_________________
Image

-~~Retired Spammer~~-

~Agnostic atheist pastafarian~

Discussion+debates and World Events.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:15 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:16 pm
Posts: 126
Or better yet, $250 million spent on US small business products...

And hey, at this point with the massive creation of money (which, in case you didn't know, will create a large amount of inflation no matter what the Fed says it can do to stall it) it would help to just use it as firewood...

But that is a topic for another thread :P


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:50 pm 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:25 am
Posts: 231
mrducky wrote:
lol... if you said that, we would have gone off topic for at least 4 pages.

250 million can help USA's health, education, job opportunities. or better millions of lives in africa. to spend it on bloodshed and violence is plainly idiotic >.>

fix america before you fix the world.
remember that 1/5 americans cant find usa on the map. but that was a couple years ago.


It frustrates me to no end when people say things like this... That isn't how money or economies work, and I think people should know better than that.

To bring an example that is closer to home.
Let's say that you buy a $60 video game every month, and buy a $10 movie ticket every weekend. That's $1,240 a year that you spend on entertainment.
If you stopped buying video games, and stopped going to the movies, do you think you would have an extra $1,240 at the end of the year?
Odds are you wouldn't, because you might go out to eat more, or you might buy a new television, or a you might buy bigger birthday gifts for people, or you might buy new clothes, or you might do all of the above.

It's not like if you stopped watching movies or buying video games you would suddenly have an extra $1,240 dollars to give to charity.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:17 pm 
Sr. Moderator
Sr. Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 4758
Location: Chicago, IL, USA.
Gender: male
Daganev wrote:
mrducky wrote:
lol... if you said that, we would have gone off topic for at least 4 pages.

250 million can help USA's health, education, job opportunities. or better millions of lives in africa. to spend it on bloodshed and violence is plainly idiotic >.>

fix america before you fix the world.
remember that 1/5 americans cant find usa on the map. but that was a couple years ago.


It frustrates me to no end when people say things like this... That isn't how money or economies work, and I think people should know better than that.

To bring an example that is closer to home.
Let's say that you buy a $60 video game every month, and buy a $10 movie ticket every weekend. That's $1,240 a year that you spend on entertainment.
If you stopped buying video games, and stopped going to the movies, do you think you would have an extra $1,240 at the end of the year?
Odds are you wouldn't, because you might go out to eat more, or you might buy a new television, or a you might buy bigger birthday gifts for people, or you might buy new clothes, or you might do all of the above.

It's not like if you stopped watching movies or buying video games you would suddenly have an extra $1,240 dollars to give to charity.


What he is saying is that the $250 million could be used on other services. i.e:education.

_________________
Image
KM-AI-TwF-ARM-ALLY-HORD-CME-ToW-CP-HINI-ISKC-COPS-DRAW-ROTR
Quote:
Matt Wyman/Apollo wrote: if I've learned one thing this era, it's that theres nothing scarier than a tired juno

Retired.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Same-Sex marriage
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:32 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:16 pm
Posts: 126
Actually, if it is worth it to you to use that $1,240 a year on charities of your choosing, then yes, you would spend it there.

That is the world of marginal analysis for you :D

Just gotta look at your utils.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Copyright Tacticsoft Ltd. 2008   
Updated By phpBBservice.nl