It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: One world government!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:53 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

True. Thats why I said you can have advisory bodies and nothing wrong with law being different for each region. We can keep cultures seperate but still share resources etc :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:37 am 
Corporal
Corporal

yeah,your right man.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:02 pm 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I'd like to say it's impossible.

The differences in politic, national religion, cultures are the main problems. You can say we divide regions, but for a big variety of cultures and politics, the world's government will lose its power.

The second thing is the pride. Patriots will never accept this idea.

Third, it will lead to a huge migration, will will cause over-crowded in developed area, and crime, education, health issues.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:43 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

You are right.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:58 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

omg the third time mfreak agree with me

*find some quiet place to die*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:58 am 
Captain
Captain
 YIM  Profile

Pros:
-no usless attire (always pisses me off xD)
-peace
-elimination of discrimination(all types)
-Pblee likes it :)
-order
-lack of poverty
-in case there is a rebellion, the other 99% of the world will be against the rebels lol

Cons:
-Religions will clash
-I can't think of anything else xD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:18 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

pbleebait wrote:
Pros:
-no usless attire (always pisses me off xD)
-peace
-elimination of discrimination(all types)
-Pblee likes it :)
-order
-lack of poverty
-in case there is a rebellion, the other 99% of the world will be against the rebels lol

Cons:
-Religions will clash
-I can't think of anything else xD

How about politics? Cultures?

Discrimination will always happen, no matter how hard u try, there will be someone who think white > yellow > black.

Lack of poverty won't be over. U can see poor, homeless people all over US, China, Japan. The more developed a city is, the greater gap between rich and poor will be.
aister wrote:
I'd like to say it's impossible.

The differences in politic, national religion, cultures are the main problems. You can say we divide regions, but for a big variety of cultures and politics, the world's government will lose its power.

The second thing is the pride. Patriots will never accept this idea.

Third, it will lead to a huge migration, will will cause over-crowded in developed area, and crime, education, health issues.

I didn't mention the language barrier. How many percent of world population can speak and/or write in English, at least an understandable English? It's less than 10% of world population use English as native language, and less than 20% of world pop use proper English. How can u think they can communicate?

To establish a country, first u need to have a government types and native languages, which is (are) spoken by most of ur people. Failed to complete this first step is failed to do anything else.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:16 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

Quote:
Discrimination will always happen, no matter how hard u try, there will be someone who think white > yellow > black.

That true. WITHIN India, we have casteism which is a type of discrimination. Albeit not even close what it was in the 50s, its still there, much like racism in other parts of the world.

Differences in income will also be there. BTW the language barrier isnt much of a problem. Every state in India speaks a different language. Arent we all united? Its entirely possible.

Quote:
To establish a country, first u need to have a government types and native languages, which is (are) spoken by most of ur people. Failed to complete this first step is failed to do anything else.

Again, I am NOT for countries. I am against that principle. I am suggesting a common governing body for the whole world, where everyone is governed through equal laws. Discrimination, racism, religious tension, cultural and linguistic differences will all be there, but that doesnt mean one governing body wont be possible. To make things easier, maybe we can have the same countries and their borders as they are today, just that, the individual governments in respective nations will sort of report to the world governing body. I know its a complex idea, but we cant say it WONT work at all. It will if we work at it ;)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:41 am 
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Then it's like the UN to me.

The reason why countries don't want anyone to interfere with their own national matters is that they're feared of invasion. Foreign aids can prove useful. But wat if they refuse to retreat when the war is over, due to some special circumstances?

And if there is a government like that, do you think it will be bought off by the rich countries? And enforce laws to help them grow while pillage the poor countries?

Plus, as I said, all the patriots won't like this idea. They won't like the idea of having a superior government who control ur country's government, rebels will break out everywhere.

I did mention the politic views, there are a total of 9 current government system. And you can't find a government suited for all 9 of them (it's impossible even between two: Capitalism and Communism).

I must repeat that with the wide variety of religion, culture and politic, the power of the World Government, if it can exist, is very small.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:36 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

You are right in saying there will be lots of conflicts and differences with that idea and that patriots will want their identity back etc, and I am not debating that. I am just saying we gotta work on that mentality and understand that it doesnt make sense to have countries as such. If we learn to see ourselves as being part of something bigger than just one culture or religion or belief system, then this idea might work.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next