It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Capital Punishment/Death penalty
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:53 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

What is your opinion on Capital Punishment/Death penalty?

1)Do you think it should be reinstated so that thiefs/murderers/rapers/ terirrorists can finally be put a stop too and stop the crime rate in/around the world.

2)Or do you think in is inhuman and should be banned from everywhere in/around the world and that the countries who do have Capital Punishment/Death penalty still in place,should be adressed by the World councill(namely the UN I think) and to put sanctions against the countries who "practice" Capital Punishment/Death penalty in an effort to stop using Capital Punishment(Death penalty)

...plz tell me your opinions and or/views on this would like some views :)

Post subject: Re: Capital Punishment/Death penalty
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

o.o
i remember seeing a debate about death penalties before...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:05 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

1783298 wrote:
o.o
i remember seeing a debate about death penalties before...

ohhh lol tnx :) but hey never got the chance to read it...gona go search for it now ^^

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:21 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Hmm things like this, for me, are hard to decide, one one side i say to myself some of those people need to die, they deserve to, but one thing i DO NOT agree with is humans punishing other humans, a crime is one thing, jail, prison for something bad, yeah those people need to be there but i do not agree with humans deciding that another human being should die, i dont think we have the right to take lives because we decide it is fair.

so i dont know, maybe lethal injection i suppose but alas i do not know what to make up this.

~MechaStorm
-----------------
My Worlds
~Galaxy 2(KwAs)
~I like to Spam :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:36 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

camronb01 wrote:
Hmm things like this, for me, are hard to decide, one one side i say to myself some of those people need to die, they deserve to, but one thing i DO NOT agree with is humans punishing other humans, a crime is one thing, jail, prison for something bad, yeah those people need to be there but i do not agree with humans deciding that another human being should die, i dont think we have the right to take lives because we decide it is fair.

so i dont know, maybe lethal injection i suppose but alas i do not know what to make up this.

lets take this for example to simplify things,a guy (30 years old) has r*p*d very young girls he was arrested 2 times but escaped/evaded jail,what do you do because he continued to r*p* girls even after he was in jail,give him capital punishment to stop him from doing such an horrible crime ever again or send him back to a maximum secuirity prison knowing that he will escape

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:53 am 
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

None of the above, exile him to an island with tons of rapists. let them rape each other all day if they feel like it, a barren island with no natural resources, at least not enough to build any kind of boat, and preferably a Tsunami prone area XD problem solved.

~MechaStorm
-----------------
My Worlds
~Galaxy 2(KwAs)
~I like to Spam :P

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:10 am 
Major
Major
 YIM  Profile

There are lots of brutal people in the world. I still wouldn't support the Death penalty. A murder is murder. Whether committed by an individual or by the state. People generally think, that if a perceived higher authority endorses something, then its completely okay to do something - even if it is wrong. That is why things like torture exist today. Capital punishment is something along those lines. It is not okay to execute people even if they are very dangerous criminals. We dont get to decide who dies and who does not.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:41 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

camronb01 wrote:
None of the above, exile him to an island with tons of rapists. let them *CENSORED* each other all day if they feel like it, a barren island with no natural resources, at least not enough to build any kind of boat, and preferably a Tsunami prone area XD problem solved.

Agreed :D lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:45 am 
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

mfreak wrote:
There are lots of brutal people in the world. I still wouldn't support the Death penalty. A murder is murder. Whether committed by an individual or by the state. People generally think, that if a perceived higher authority endorses something, then its completely okay to do something - even if it is wrong. That is why things like torture exist today. Capital punishment is something along those lines. It is not okay to execute people even if they are very dangerous criminals. We dont get to decide who dies and who does not.

And yes convinced me,but shouldn't we protect others from these people,because think of this if you use capital punishment against and murderer wouldn't you be safeing many other peoples lives,you probaly would have protected an community from further pain,heart break,deaths etc.

Maybe Capital punishment should only be enforced to people who have done unimaginable things.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:48 am 
Lieutenant Major
Lieutenant Major

viewtopic.php?f=112&t=8714

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next